Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

Aside from the forced inclusion of the maple leaf, my big complaint about the logo is the angle of the plane. Wouldn't a jet stall out if it were flying straight up like that? Is that really the image a team that just moved to a new city wants to convey with their logo?

As has been stated before, the inclusion of the maple leaf isn't forced.

39300488_125x125.pngcps%20wings%20cropped.jpg

It's forced in the sense that they kept it, even though it looks like poo.

Why not just make the jet red? That way it would still echo the look of the RCAF logo without looking so forced.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the forced inclusion of the maple leaf, my big complaint about the logo is the angle of the plane. Wouldn't a jet stall out if it were flying straight up like that? Is that really the image a team that just moved to a new city wants to convey with their logo?

As has been stated before, the inclusion of the maple leaf isn't forced.

39300488_125x125.pngcps%20wings%20cropped.jpg

It's forced in the sense that they kept it, even though it looks like poo.

The essence of a true logo expert's opinion. This is the level I strive to achieve.

The idea is a very good one. The execution, although it leaves a little to be desired, is not bad. For a quick turnaround, it definitely could've been worse and actually has potential.

I really don't understand why people get all up and arms over this when generally people wank themselves over these logos:

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

they are about simple and clip artish as you are going to get.

and this wasn't that much better:

dhhc15gfgtog1qo5b5uwpz8h0.gif

give the jets logo a chance.

I don't think the logos are the problem....I like them, but the boring colors. Silver is being used way too much these days. If the Jets wanted to use the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) theme, then the silver should've been replaced with gold.

RCAF_Badge.JPG

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The idea is a very good one. The execution, although it leaves a little to be desired, is not bad. For a quick turnaround, it definitely could've been worse and actually has potential.

lol. You're having to do a lot of qualifying to defend this. Why should Winnipeg have to settle for a badly-executed logo, when someone else could have taken the same concept and made something good with it?

Gold would have been a nice touch (as well as a nice nod to the Thrashers' navy, maroon, and copper), but I don't see silver as being as widespread as it was, say, five or six years ago. Remember that Flyers alternate? That was silver unnecessarily forced in a logo.

Also, jets are silver/grey. So it kind of works.

Playing around with illustrator. Came up with this based on the official logo, the old and the Old Jets logo. One on the left would be the primary, right the shoulder patch.

jetsconceptlogos-1.gif

Jet is still plain, but a bit better. Not bad for just playing around for a few minutes.

EDIT: Working on Unis. I'll post full thing in concepts when I'm done.

Updated this work. Added to the secondary and created a new wordmark using the hockey stick for a J in tribute to the original Jets.

lol. You're having to do a lot of qualifying to defend this. Why should Winnipeg have to settle for a badly-executed logo, when someone else could have taken the same concept and made something good with it?

Well you're idea of "good" would have the central emblem of the image they're trying to reflect removed on silly grounds.

Someone (in the NHL megathread) said that the Jets should look to the USAF Academy's hockey uniforms or the Houston Aeros for tips on how to do a proper air force-themes sweater. Well yeah, those are solid looks....for teams wanting to emulate the United States Air Force. Such a look would not work for a Canadian team. The reasons why the stars and stripes work for those teams is exactly the same reason the maple leaf works here.

Playing around with illustrator. Came up with this based on the official logo, the old and the Old Jets logo. One on the left would be the primary, right the shoulder patch.

jetsconceptlogos-1.gif

Jet is still plain, but a bit better. Not bad for just playing around for a few minutes.

EDIT: Working on Unis. I'll post full thing in concepts when I'm done.

Updated this work. Added to the secondary and created a new wordmark using the hockey stick for a J in tribute to the original Jets.

The primary and secondary are solid (I would even say better then what was used) but the wordmark leaves a lot to be desired. The silver/grey outline is thick to the point that it looks like a cheap patch, the font for "JETS" is to thin, and the font used for "WINNIPEG" looks way to Times New Roman-y/generic.

I really like these. A lot.

But even if I didn't like them, I would still say about time. The Jets frittered away a lot of time by not having a logo until recently. And, in turn, they didn't make money when they could have. Not a smart start in Winnipeg.

205832_10150244781912466_61652252465_7746569_1752014_n.jpg

The NHL Facebook page just posted these.

Thoughts?

Sorry but the jet over the leaf just looks wrong to me too. Forced.

Like the wings idea but the hockey sticks look too cartoony to me.

Script is just bad.

Not a fan of the silver with red/blue. Too early 2000s NE Patriots.

Sad it couldn't be done a little better.

Seeing it on their actual NHL site, it is an absolute joke. It looks so unprofessional it isn't even funny. A lot of people here could have made that logo in a matter of minutes. Sad thing is, they will sell a massive amount of merchandise and think that they did a good job.

The idea is alright, execution, horrific.

Is the light blue supposed to be in homage to the Atlanta Thrashers? The blues almost seem spot-on.

Seeing it on their actual NHL site, it is an absolute joke. It looks so unprofessional it isn't even funny. A lot of people here could have made that logo in a matter of minutes. Sad thing is, they will sell a massive amount of merchandise and think that they did a good job.

The idea is alright, execution, horrific.

Is the light blue supposed to be in homage to the Atlanta Thrashers? The blues almost seem spot-on.

Agreed. Seeing it next to all the other NHL logos, i'd go as far as to say its my least favorite logo in the league. Look at the jet itself, its so bland and boring. And the colors

all seem so dull and stale. And why is there beveling on the leaf?? It looks terrible.

90758391980.gif

Thrashers 3rd wordmark and Comic book titles (Superman as an example)

Thrashers-1.jpg

superman_logos.jpg

Captain Winnipeg and Captain America (Unintentionally stoking the Canada/maple leaf vs. America/star debate)

Ehm, Hello?

6806018.jpg[

Yeah, that too.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Archived