Michegan Helmet

16kid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It stands for "I wasn't smart enough to get into a real college"

While the direction this thread has taken is not something I want to encourage, this statement is hilarious coming from a Sparty. Do you guys get your own admissions letters yet, or is the Michigan rejection letter still sent in with your deposit?

spikes.jpg

While the direction this thread has taken is not something I want to encourage, this statement is hilarious coming from a Sparty. Do you guys get your own admissions letters yet, or is the Michigan rejection letter still sent in with your deposit?

Yeah really. Last time I checked Michigan is the better academic school. They shouldn't even be compared.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Look up "winged football helmet" on Wikipedia, it will give you the story...

Basically Herbert "Fritz" Crisler left Princeton and came to U of M in 1938. He brought the rights of the design with him. It also says the design was to help the quarterback pick out the receivers down field.

It's only the best public college in the country.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

thats debatable

The best is debatable but it is easily a top 25 public school. Most publications have them in their top 10. Damn sure not a clown college.

thats debatable

The best is debatable but it is easily a top 25 public school. Most publications have them in their top 10. Damn sure not a clown college.

No the clown college is in glendale.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

thats debatable

Michigan is an elite level public college, and generally the highest ranked university in the Big Ten. The next tier below (according to US News College Rankings) would include other excellent schools like Wisconsin, Penn State, Texas, Washington and, yes, the University of Illinois. Other Big Ten schools included in their Top 25: Ohio State, Purdue, and Minnesota. The list is probably like 75% Big Ten and University of California network schools.

thats debatable

No the clown college is in glendale.

According to Flanders it is in Tempe.

Pretty easy to get in to.

Gee, where are the SEC schools on the top academic rankings? Other than Florida, pretty much you have to get down to the level with Northern Michigan, Indiana State and Minnesota-Mankato before you start seeing SEC schools.

They can play football. Reading? Not so much.

Go Big Ten!!! Top level football and academics too!!

Makes me wonder if the "Michegan" the original poster referred to was a tip of the hat to the former "voice" of U of M football from 1945 to 1981 Bob Ufer. Of course I could be wrong. <_<

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Archived