Time to throw my hat into the ring of Jets concept

Jahgee

So everybody knows, the Grey shoulder stripes are supposed to represent Jet Streaks

jet-stream_1303.jpg

But seriously, I like it. I hate the Buffaslug template but it works for the Jets in a semi-decent way. I think the gray arm stripes could resemble wisps of smoke coming from the Jet. Looks good.

Wow seriously what are the odds? Great minds think alike :rolleyes:

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

So everybody knows, the Grey shoulder stripes are supposed to represent Jet Streaks

jet-stream_1303.jpg

But seriously, I like it. I hate the Buffaslug template but it works for the Jets in a semi-decent way. I think the gray arm stripes could resemble wisps of smoke coming from the Jet. Looks good.

We are beyond great, we are both Penguins fans :P

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

:hockeysmiley:

jet-stream_1303.jpg

We are beyond great, we are both Penguins fans :P

Yeah! :hockeysmiley: hockey smiley

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

jet-stream_1303.jpg

I'd say they are supposed to represent sabres...

'Cept it's a Jets concept, eh

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

jet-stream_1303.jpg

I'd say they are supposed to represent sabres...

'Cept it's a Jets concept, eh

I get that, but you just took the Sabres template. I'm not complaining or trying to troll, but unless you designed the jersey from scratch I don't really see how you could say they are representative of something. I imagine a jet stream as a straight path, not wavy sword looking things.

Does anybody have any ideas to improve it, besides making the logo smaller, which I am working on.

How about going back, putting sleeve numbers and shoulder logos on. Maybe not use a template, and rely on what little bit of creativity and originality you have.... And next time take some time and pride in your work, because your 5 minute concepts get old real fast.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Does anybody have any ideas to improve it, besides making the logo smaller, which I am working on.

How about going back, putting sleeve numbers and shoulder logos on. Maybe not use a template, and rely on what little bit of creativity and originality you have.... And next time take some time and pride in your work, because your 5 minute concepts get old real fast.

C'mon bro, he's new, young, and actually listening to what people are saying. We all start somewhere. Anyways, I'd also outline the numbers in a secondary color. It looks too simple just being the one color on the back.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I think people are forgetting that we make concepts FOR FUN!!! so :censored:ing what if we use templates, it's a picture of a jersey ffs. People are taking this :censored: WAY too seriously. The kids 13, if you haven't noticed, most 13 year olds dont have the same talent mike ivall does.

What I would do is pick a different font or add outline the numbers, mabye make them white so they're easy to see from a distance.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Aside from this argument, these kinds of concepts are what's killing the Concepts forum. I don't mean to be harsh, but it's true. You filled in the old Buffaslug template in the Jets' colors, slapped down a crest and put a boring single-color NOB and number on the back and called it a day. You didn't even put sleeve numbers on any of the sweaters. The only thing that shows an ounce of originality is the alternate, but that's ruined by no shoulder logos and the same plain, rushed number and NOB. Take some time and use your imagination.

In all fairness, the slug template is pretty much a fill tool jersey. There is not a lot that can be done with that template. (as well as Anaheim's)...As for the concept, it's not too bad and the jersey does look good in Jets colours. The logo does need to be smaller and a bit more time into the smaller details like the arm numbers and secondary logos (if you are intending to use them).

I guess my only issue with it (and no its not that you used a template hahah) is that the logo has some pretty sharp lines on the jet and the leaf but the main jerseys are very "sweepy" and flow very natural. Which is why it worked so well with the awful buffaslug. So maybe try to round the logo out and give it a bit more "movement" or change up the stripes something a little more classic with sharp lines.

alot of C&C has already been thrown out there. the logo is too big and needs to be re-sized. i'm not going to complain about arm numbers since most of the time they are so small that no one can really see them but you need to give us a better idea of the letters and numbers you are going to use. using a one color font is a cheap way of slapping a jersey together. I'm not going to knock you for using another teams template and just re-coloring it but my advice for the future, is atleast try to make it different and improve it to make it more team specific. I understand you wanted to use the grey lines to represent jet streams but you could have taken that inspiration and made it different. atleast don't use the same arm designs if you are going to use that piping - just be a little more creative thats all. again im not trying to give you a hard time, regardless if you're 13 or 33 - the sooner you realize your mistakes, the sooner you can build on them and begin pumping out some quality work.

in the future dont forget to include sock design, helmets, letters/numbers, pants etc.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Update

jetsconcept-1.png

You went from too big of a logo to too small. You also didn't fix the font issue.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived