Jets primary

sparkychewbarky

Isn't it funny that the direction that 'True North' wanted the jet to face in the logo...

isn't "true north".

Anyway I thought I'd try a go at designing a logo that met the apparent criteria of 'True North'.

-silver jet

-red maple leaf

-roundel shape

jet.jpg

The thing went Twilight Zone on me.

jet2.jpg

That's better.

it faces magnetic north. Honestly, that's not a bad logo...I rather like the leaf imposed on the plane. Try it in the red/white/blue/silver, and maybe point it straight up, and that might be my favorite jets concept on here so far.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Don't change your original concept, it's great to see a progression based on what criticism does.

seriously, I REALLY like that logo. I'm honestly really impressed. Do a vertical version (with the jet pointing straight up) just for comparison's sake, and send the better one to PuckDrawn's competition. Anybody else agree with me on this?

The shading is great, the fact that the leaf creates a design on the wing AND kinda puts the cockpit on there, while also providing the detail for the tail really makes this thing pop. I think the cutouts for the speed is a great touch as well. Put that thing on a hat, and I'd wear it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Well, this just ruins the actual Jets logo for me because now I'm going to constantly wish it was this one. This looks so much more inspired... and I actually like it a lot better rotated than if it were pointing straight up. Great job!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

i'd send in the vertical version of that logo to the team and tell them they made a HUGE mistake by not using yours. It's very impressive and well executed. one of the better jets logos (logos in general) i've seen on this forum in a long time.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I kinda feel like what True North chose is a little bit like they just stacked clip art on top of clip art and called it a logo. Your 'true north' concept is like taking what their idea was and finishing it-- more refined. Kudos to you, I wish they would listen to designers like us ^_^

Isn't it funny that the direction that 'True North' wanted the jet to face in the logo...

isn't "true north".

True north is to the geographic pole, not the magnetic one, so true north would be "up". And even magnetic north, from Winnipeg, is very very nearly true north because of where they lie in relation to the magnetic pole.

Archived