WNPG JTS by RSX

raysox

Sorry for text talk, I wanted to separate from the other concepts.

I'm not a fan of the currents. I like what they went for, and it was just poorly executed. Nothing says hockey. It just looks like clip art. I wanted to change that. I wanted to make it more hockey friendly. I made the primary idea, the alt. With a few changes, obviously. I looked at Davidson's looking on how he worked his jets. I decided to use the Thrasher's shape, and put a jet in it. I decided to make the plane have a lighting effect on one side. I went with a stencil font just because I like what O'Brien is doing with his concepts with this font. But I'm gauging responses, and could change it.

Jets.png

The cockpit looks concave instead of convex. Try flipping the lighting effect on it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Of course Tim agrees, he used the same type :P

I agree with Nash, the cockpit doesn't look quite right. If you narrow it and move the contour line a little, it may fix that. I'm not huge on the font either, I get the literal translation, but there HAVE to be other options. Just too generic IMO.

Great primary. Digging the shield shape. Also not sold on the stencil font. The are stencil fonts with more 'character' out there.aff_mash.jpg

Or you might have to do a custom font with wider positive forms and wider negative connector lines too.

Still looking for more feedback, and I went ahead and made jerseys.

Jets-1.png

don't curve the stripes to the edge cut (esp. the 3rd jersey). other than that (and maybe a blue road shoulder yoke), they look good.

ALSO: loose the white stripes on the third (? i think) logo. just the "winnipeg jets" part

I really like the navy and white (one of your sleeves on the white has the stripes reversed by the way). I'm not really feeling the chest striping on the light blue, though. I think it may look better with just the sleeve and hem stripes.

don't curve the stripes to the edge cut (esp. the 3rd jersey). other than that (and maybe a blue road shoulder yoke), they look good.

You hardly notice them (if at all) on the ice and more jerseys use curved stripes than not. If anything, it adds a sense of realism to the concept.

I really like this concept. The simple design and color scheme compliments the logo very well.

OttawaSenators.png

I think it's awesome! Everything about it. It pays tribute to the military like the new stuff does, to the thrashers with the shield shape logo, and doesn't blend in with the other teams with the same colors.

Only thing I'm on the fence with is the number font, but it still works. I kind of like a more modern font with an edge for the Jets, like from the all star game in Montreal or what the Houston Aeros used to use. Outline in red to make them pop.

Another thing that might make it look cool and one thing I really like from the real Jets logo is the two-tone red to give the leaf some depth. Could also be done on the bottom swoosh on your main logo. I do see it both ways so it still looks classy as is.

Those jerseys are awesome.

The cockpit does look concave. Hate the font too. Not original and just screams Steelers to me. You can do better. While I like the secondary, I'm kind of getting sick of canadian teams playing off the maple leaf motif. It's okay to use it, but for it to be the ONLY imagery in the logo is kind of disappointing.

I do like the rest of the primary though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived