What the MLB primary logos should be

kevinmets

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifty8_Black O - thank you!

Jahgee - I take it you liked the 90s? B)

Lights Out and Raysox - both of your designs are always among my favorites on this board, and these are no exception. Thanks for contributing and great job. I especially like Lights Out's Reds, Raysox's Giants, and both of your Nationals concepts.

Keep em coming guys!

I do.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I would like to see someone try coming up with MLB logos WITHOUT words. One, two, maybe three letters are allowed, depending on the team, but the letters can't spell out words (like Sox). It's one of my pet peeves about baseball logos, that they rely too much on the wordmark and less on a charicature, like most NFL logos have.

I would like to see someone try coming up with MLB logos WITHOUT words. One, two, maybe three letters are allowed, depending on the team, but the letters can't spell out words (like Sox). It's one of my pet peeves about baseball logos, that they rely too much on the wordmark and less on a charicature, like most NFL logos have.

Challenge accepted!!

whatthealtlogosshouldbe.jpg

In my ideal MLB universe, my designs in the original post are still the primary logos. However, this makes for a good set of alternate logos (Royals, Angels, Brewers, A's are the same).

Edit: Two changes I wanna make that I decided immediately after posting:

• add a 2nd black outline around the Marlins' "M" so the fish and the M look like they have something to do with each other
  • put the brown home plate behind the Padre's friar (a la my primary logo from the original post)

I'm gonna make those changes a little later when I have time.

• 3 weeks later...

Kept a few of Kevin's ideas and restored some old logos.

6040838448_533f1aa9e5_b.jpg

New Logos:

D-Backs: I used Tim O'Brien's color scheme and combined the current text with the old snake logo.

Orioles: Combined the 90's text with the original cartoon bird logo.

White Sox: Combination of the 80's batter logo, combined with the 80's text and a new red outline.

Rockies: Made from the mountains in the rainbow Denver Nuggets logo, and added powder blue as a secondary color.

Astros: Recolored old script logo and added the "Star-H" logo from the mid-90s.

Royals: Added the current script to KevinMets' logo

Angels: I took the 90's "diamond" logo and added the current "A" (albiet without inner shadow and a yellow halo).

Twins: I used the current alternate logo, used KevinMets' Vikings colors, and replaced the current script with the classic script.

Athletics: I added a yellow outline to the current "Elephant" logo.

Pirates: Combination of the 70's logo with the current script logo.

Giants: Combined the 70's script with the Mets' baseball outline and the "50 Years in the City" Golden Gate Bridge.

Nationals: Used the current seal and the "DC" insignia (I really don't like the Wallgreens' W on a professional baseball team.).

KevinMets' logos:

Cubs

Reds

Blues/Indians

Marlins

Rays

Blue Jays

Color Changes:

Braves: Changed the Navy Blue to Midnight Navy.

Red Sox: Replaced the Navy Blue outlines with Celtic Green ones.

Brewers: Lightened the Blue on KevinMets' logo.

Padres: Replaced the Brown w/ Navy Blue on KevinMets' logo.

Phillies: Replaced current colors w/ 80's color scheme.

Stayed the Same:

Dodgers

Mets

Yankees

Mariners (Old alternate)

Cardinals

Rangers (Old alternate)

C & C welcome.

Challenge accepted!!

whatthealtlogosshouldbe.jpg

In my ideal MLB universe, my designs in the original post are still the primary logos. However, this makes for a good set of alternate logos (Royals, Angels, Brewers, A's are the same).

Edit: Two changes I wanna make that I decided immediately after posting:

• add a 2nd black outline around the Marlins' "M" so the fish and the M look like they have something to do with each other
  • put the brown home plate behind the Padre's friar (a la my primary logo from the original post)

I'm gonna make those changes a little later when I have time.

love the pirates logo !!

Kept a few of Kevin's ideas and restored some old logos.

6040838448_533f1aa9e5_b.jpg

New Logos:

D-Backs: I used Tim O'Brien's color scheme and combined the current text with the old snake logo.

Orioles: Combined the 90's text with the original cartoon bird logo.

White Sox: Combination of the 80's batter logo, combined with the 80's text and a new red outline.

Rockies: Made from the mountains in the rainbow Denver Nuggets logo, and added powder blue as a secondary color.

Astros: Recolored old script logo and added the "Star-H" logo from the mid-90s.

Royals: Added the current script to KevinMets' logo

Angels: I took the 90's "diamond" logo and added the current "A" (albiet without inner shadow and a yellow halo).

Twins: I used the current alternate logo, used KevinMets' Vikings colors, and replaced the current script with the classic script.

Athletics: I added a yellow outline to the current "Elephant" logo.

Pirates: Combination of the 70's logo with the current script logo.

Giants: Combined the 70's script with the Mets' baseball outline and the "50 Years in the City" Golden Gate Bridge.

Nationals: Used the current seal and the "DC" insignia (I really don't like the Wallgreens' W on a professional baseball team.).

KevinMets' logos:

Cubs

Reds

Blues/Indians

Marlins

Rays

Blue Jays

Color Changes:

Braves: Changed the Navy Blue to Midnight Navy.

Red Sox: Replaced the Navy Blue outlines with Celtic Green ones.

Brewers: Lightened the Blue on KevinMets' logo.

Padres: Replaced the Brown w/ Navy Blue on KevinMets' logo.

Phillies: Replaced current colors w/ 80's color scheme.

Stayed the Same:

Dodgers

Mets

Yankees

Mariners (Old alternate)

Cardinals

Rangers (Old alternate)

C & C welcome.

idk if im the only one but im just not feeling the twins logo that involves the acutal twins (tho i like the idea and the vikings colors) and the rockies logo IMO needs to be totally redone

idk if im the only one but im just not feeling the twins logo that involves the acutal twins (tho i like the idea and the vikings colors) and the rockies logo IMO needs to be totally redone

I agree that the rockies needs to be totally redone. As for the twins, I love that logo, but I think it's a little too busy to be a primary. If they want the actual twins to be the primary logo, I say take out everything else.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I don't quite understand the need to add red to the White Sox color scheme. For one, their current color scheme looks just fine and secondly, red is the other Sox' color. It just seems weird.

myMLB-1.png

-Orioles I would use their current primary.

-Red Sox I'd use the old primary.

-Reds I'd use the primary from the Big Red Machine days without a drop shadow.

-The Indians logo is an idea I made: a combination of the retro C and the feathers from the Kinston Indians.

-The Colorado logo is a protoype logo they changed before they began play.

-Detroit's is BMac's

-The Dodgers one is a concept I made. I'm sure I'll get grief for breaking tradition here.

-I also made the Twins one, putting two stars in the line for the twin cities.

-I switched the A's to the green elephant.

-I would use Raysox's logos for the Phillies and Giants. They are great!

-I switched the Cardinals to two birds.

-I made the Rays concept (old logo with new colors).

-I made the Nationals concept. The three stars are for DC's flag.

-The rest are Kevin's.

Sorry it's so long, just want to make sure and give credit where it's due for some really great work.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived