BYU gets new basketball floor

Delux247

Ehh, that floor design is plain boring -- Befitting for the state of Utah.

Wow. Have you ever actually been here? It's really not that bad. Take it from someone who's actually lived here for 19 years....

About the court, I actually kinda dig it. I like that the "Y" is now at midcourt. Only thing that bugs me is that BYU should be a royal blue school again, but oh well. Not a bad court at all.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow. Have you ever actually been here? It's really not that bad.

I used to live 30 minutes from the Utah border, and have been there (against my will) on several occasions. Pretty sure I know what I'm talkin about.

6uXNWAo.png

Wow. Have you ever actually been here? It's really not that bad.

I used to live 30 minutes from the Utah border, and have been there (against my will) on several occasions. Pretty sure I know what I'm talkin about.

And again, having lived here 19 years, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talkin about too. I take it it mustve been the south border? Yeah, there's nothing there. Come to the Salt Lake Valley or Park City area - its an entirely different world. Trust me :P

I don't want to throw this too off topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

No way. I am not a fan of the light wood color, but the rest of it is fine. No unpainted lane like a junior high gym, no two-tone stain inside the 3 point line - fine by me. There isn't too much else they could do with only navy and white as school colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

What'd the old court look like? Are they phasing out the cougar over the mountains?

They quietly updated (bastardized if you ask me, but I guess I don't donate enough...) their identity last year sometime. I have a full set of logos to send to Chris to update the mothership, but he hasn't responded to my PM. I suppose this is as good as anywhere--I apologize for the size. There also are a few variants that I'm not including here. Note the return to the standard block Y in all the logos.

This is the primary now instead of the cougar with full Brigham Young wordmark:

Primary1white.png

These are the secondaries:

Secondary1.png

Secondary2B.png

Secondary3B.png

Secondary4.png

These are the wordmarks:

Wordmark1.png

Wordmark3.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I suspect a lot of schools will repaint their courts this year to remove the old 19'9" three point lines, now that the women shoot from the new distance (20'9"). In fact, I think the only schools that won't remove it are schools whose arenas regularly host high school playoff games (in New Jersey, that's Rutgers and Monmouth).

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived