Atlanta Braves

They wore the grays last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday against the Rockies. I was there for Monday and Wednesday games. Switched to the blues after losing two straight at Coors.

I, for one, like what they have. The all blue cap needs a red button, but other than that it's pretty damn good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They wore the grays last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday against the Rockies. I was there for Monday and Wednesday games. Switched to the blues after losing two straight at Coors.

I, for one, like what they have. The all blue cap needs a red button, but other than that it's pretty damn good.

I couldn't disagree more (about a button, of all things). The solid navy blue is what makes that hat work.

In my perfect aesthetic world, well, the Braves would have no alternates. The Braves are one of those teams that looks better with just a white and a gray set (and I say that as a fan of alternates in general.) But I understand the need to ring the register, so I humbly suggest:

- Vertically arched names return to jerseys.

- Solid navy cap discontinued.

- White/red/white braiding added to navy road alternate,

- Numbers on navy road alternate changed to red-on-white.

- Red home alternate and accompanying cap discontinued.

- 1974 uniform converted to button-down for use as Sunday home alternate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I suggested in the other thread that there should be more teams wearing colored jerseys full time on the road. But the Braves are not one of those teams. I even think that the all navy they have looks pretty good, but their home and roads are so good they don't need either one of their alternates.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I couldn't disagree more (about a button, of all things). The solid navy blue is what makes that hat work.

You don't think a small splash of red (the button) would tie the hat with the uniform just a little bit better??

I have an all navy Braves hat, and it's awesome. I just think a small bit of red would look even better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You don't think a small splash of red (the button) would tie the hat with the uniform just a little bit better??

I have an all navy Braves hat, and it's awesome. I just think a small bit of red would look even better.

No. The cap, with or without a red button, does not look good at all with the road jersey. All they need to do, at least short of ditching the alts or recoloring them, is make the "home" cap the the primary cap, period. Then they're primary home and road uniforms will be perfect again. Whether the NOB is arched or arced is really not a big deal to me. I like both. The only other change I would suggest for the home and road is maybe make the tomahawk navy, as a nod back to the old Milwaukee days.

Evidently no one here has been very observant.

The Braves have worn grey a lot this year...probably almost twice as much as they wore it last season.

Agreed. I'd venture to say that the Braves have probably worn the grey more often than the blue jersey so far. Saying that they wear the blue more than the grey would've been a VERY accurate statement last year, but not in 2011.

Evidently no one here has been very observant.

The Braves have worn grey a lot this year...probably almost twice as much as they wore it last season.

Agreed. I'd venture to say that the Braves have probably worn the grey more often than the blue jersey so far. Saying that they wear the blue more than the grey would've been a VERY accurate statement last year, but not in 2011.

I dont like the blue jersey. It seems to plain as if it is missing something.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I'm actually a fan of the blue alts (mainly because of the hats) but I think the red ones are ugly as sin (except for the hats, again). That being said, I'd be willing to part with both alternates if it meant that the Braves would go back to wearing the red-brim hats full-time, & saving the all-navy & tomahawk-A caps for special occasions.

Yea I have noticed that the Braves wear the blue alternate a lot less this year. I think the road cap should be the same as the home. It would work too if the road alternate had a lot more red in it. That cap is really cool but The Braves have one of the best home/road combos in baseball. I happen to like the alternates. I think the red one is actually pretty sharp. But They don't need the alternates to look good. They already did.

Archived