Atlanta Braves

In my perfect aesthetic world, well, the Braves would have no alternates. The Braves are one of those teams that looks better with just a white and a gray set (and I say that as a fan of alternates in general.) But I understand the need to ring the register, so I humbly suggest:

- Vertically arched names return to jerseys.

- Solid navy cap discontinued.

- White/red/white braiding added to navy road alternate,

- Numbers on navy road alternate changed to red-on-white.

- Red home alternate and accompanying cap discontinued.

- 1974 uniform converted to button-down for use as Sunday home alternate.

I couldn't agree more. This would work perfectly.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I actually own a blue alternate replica. As it is, the Braves wear grey quite a bit on the road and as for that dreaded blue alt, all it needs is a red outline on white lettering/numbers and a red tomahawk

I personally love the Braves grey away jersey. The Atlanta script and tomahawk look outstanding on the grey background, in my opinion. I hate the all-blue cap, too.

Then again, I generally don't like alternates in baseball, period. Most of the time, alternate jerseys in baseball either look minor league, or like a tuesday evening game at the local softball complex.

They generally are minor-league or amateur. There are, at most, eight colored alternates that belong in the major leagues, and two would be Oakland's.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They generally are minor-league or amateur. There are, at most, eight colored alternates that belong in the major leagues, and two would be Oakland's.

I'd like to see the rest of your list

Ones I could get behind:

Flordia teal

Minnesota navy

Cubs blue

White Sox black

Pirates black

Rockies purple

Angels red

KC powder blue

Tampa powder blue

Tampa navy

Oakland green

Oakland yellow

Cleveland navy

Well, that's a lot more than 8, but I like the look of that list

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Cubs blue

White Sox black

A's green

A's yellow

Royals powder blue

Rockies purple

Orioles orange

Padres navy

Colored shirts subtract, not add, to anyone else.

I didn't mind seeing the Giants in orange. I thought they looked sharp.

Not sure if they wore these this year, this was from last season.

Liked 'em alot better with the older script-logo.

PoseyBattingOrange.jpg050411-115527AM_san_francisco_giants_script_logo_primary.jpg

Giants' orange jersey is perfect as is. That script would not not look very good. Their current wordmarks are classic and better suited for the Giants. Plus the combination of the orange jersey with the all black cap and cream pants is just a thing of beauty.

Cubs blue

If they ever figure out a design that looks good, yes.

Colored shirts subtract, not add, to anyone else.

You forgot the Mariners' teal.

And using that measure, let me add in one here: Tampa Bay's light blue. Wearing that adds some character to their bland clunker of an identity, especially if the team's going high-cuffed and wearing the stirrups Maddon brought in.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Love the Braves blue alts myself. The Sunday home red alt is not my favorite, but I don't hate it either. I can take it or leave it. But since I've kept up with the Braves uni-record the last three years, here's their 2011 uni-record through 7/28:

Overall..............61-44

Home.................32-20

Road.................29-24

Home White...........26-17

Sunday Home Red.......4-3

Road Gray............12-13

Road Blue............17-10

Boston Throwbacks.....0-1

Crackers Throwbacks...1-0

'74 Throwbacks........1-0

So the Braves have worn the grays in 25 games (26 if you count the Boston throwbacks they wore in LA), the blues in 27. In a few cases, they've had to wear the grays because the home team wore blue or black (in Milwaukee and Colorado for instance).

Cubs blue

If they ever figure out a design that looks good, yes.

1982-1989, more or less. Just remove the weird mutant blue bear and use a button-down shirt.

M's teal feels like they're making a conscious effort to live in the '90s, which I suppose is a good idea when you're what the M's are now. Too dated for me.

Archived