Predators Tweak and Concept

TimEOBrien

The Preds tried to rework their image a few weeks back and boy did they screw the pooch (or, rather, the big cat). Not only did I fix the yellow on the main logo so that it looks like a tiger?s colorization rather than a racing stripe, but I also simplified (the ?N?) and corrected (the stars) the guitar pick logo. I also made the unis much less cluttered and ?modern? (although I could go even simpler) while keeping the yellow Home jersey.

PredsLogoSet_1.jpg

Predators_RBK_EDGt_HR_1.jpg

Not a fan of having the yellow cover the top half of the PredHead...and I think it looks terrible on the yellow jersey. I'm also a bigger fan of the NP than of the N alone.

The jersey is a little TOO old school,IMO. I don't think ownership wanted to go that far traditional.

Maybe you should throw some silver in there to make the uniform look less dour

Not sure how a bright yellow uni is dour but...

Your work is very underrated. The new uniforms and logos are perfect. No complaints here. I wouldn't mind seeing a navy jersey.

Thank you very much, I'll get crackin' on a navy alt.

Two Blue third looks:

Predators_RBK_EDGt_Thirds_1.jpg

Wow, that one on the right is great. I would rather have that as the home sweater and the yellow one be the alternate. Gold can become straining to look at all of the time. On second thought, I don't know which one I like more. The gold hem and stripe on the right can become a little distracting. It would be more fair to see it in person I guess. You definately nailed this concept though. Nice.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Tim,

Do us all a favour and design-up a new preds logo.

That logo (and concept) must be one of the worst in sports.

What's that critter doing?...Coughing up a fur-ball?

Your unis are nice, but even the best unis can't help that primary.

It's like pimpin'-out a Lada.

I too like the navy for the home over the yellow and more specificaly I like the one on the right because its a bit different from Buffalo. The yellow set is still great dont get me wrong but it could use white outline on the numbers and maybe the logo so it doesnt blend so much. The away set is perfect dont change a thing!!

The Preds tried to rework their image a few weeks back and boy did they screw the pooch (or, rather, the big cat). Not only did I fix the yellow on the main logo so that it looks like a tiger?s colorization rather than a racing stripe, but I also simplified (the ?N?) and corrected (the stars) the guitar pick logo. I also made the unis much less cluttered and ?modern? (although I could go even simpler) while keeping the yellow Home jersey.

PredsLogoSet_1.jpg

Predators_RBK_EDGt_HR_1.jpg

Not the biggest fan in the world. I think you did a great job with the colors, however, I really do like the piping on their new set and am excited to see them live in action this fall. Therefore, based on what they have now and your concept, I just don't see an improvement, but more of a classic downgrade. Either way, 4 out of 5 stars on the concept.

spacer.png

I like that you ditched the Blue's apron stripes and that the shoulder patch is now on both shoulders. However I'm not a fan of the striping. It looks like they are trying to play original six dress up. The recoloured logo looks great on the Road, not so much on the Home.

I like that you ditched the Blue's apron stripes and that the shoulder patch is now on both shoulders. However I'm not a fan of the striping. It looks like they are trying to play original six dress up. The recoloured logo looks great on the Road, not so much on the Home.

Yeah, I hate bettman stripes, but i don't know I thought these are pretty solid mix of modern and classic stripes and with a yellow home jersey, i thought something too crazy would be distracting.

Well, the primary's definitely an upgrade. It definitely renders as if it's the actual animal, rather than just a racing stripe. While I like the cleanliness of the uniforms you've designed, I wouldn't call them an upgrade. Keep in mind that I absolutely love the Preds' new jerseys. On the yellow jersey, I think a white outline on both the logo and the numbers would definitely help them stand out agains the jersey.

i love your concepts, but i hate your template... i hate most "action" templates actually.

I have to agree. Action templates are funky. So much can go wrong. Like me having to look at so many pictures of Jonathan Toews. Just don't even do Red Wings concepts on that template and I won't complain.

As for the uniforms, that home needs some white outlines on the number and logo, everything would pop a little more. I think blue should be the home primary, though. Yellow is too obnoxious on the ice for every home game IMO.

Well, the primary's definitely an upgrade. It definitely renders as if it's the actual animal, rather than just a racing stripe. While I like the cleanliness of the uniforms you've designed, I wouldn't call them an upgrade. Keep in mind that I absolutely love the Preds' new jerseys. On the yellow jersey, I think a white outline on both the logo and the numbers would definitely help them stand out agains the jersey.

I've heeded some of the criticism and viola:

Predators_RBK_EDGt_Yellows_1.jpg

Archived