Cleveland Cavaliers Rebranding

JGCleveland

My first attempt at a rebrand, I did my home town Cavaliers. I really didnt like their new logos/jerseys from last year, so I decided to take it upon my self to create a look that combines the Old cavs teams of the past, while still creating a new identity. Hope you enjoy, C&C greatly appreciated. :grin:

OH PS: The the way the design was presented was inspired by Brandon Moore's Carolina Panthers rebrand because I loved the way he layed it out. You can see his rebrand here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Panthers-concept/483924

75585118.png

page1wf.png

page2e.png

page3n.png

page4yy.png

page5f.png

page6s.png

page7.png

I'm sad to say that I'm not a fan. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but you're using two shades of gold here. You've used standard athletic gold on the uniform trim, but the CAVS script/numbers on the road jerseys are almost Oregon highlighter yellow in colour.

Also, I'm not a fan of that CAVS logo. The past two re-brands have maintained a connection to the nickname in the form of the sword and banner. The generic CAVS wordmark is just lacking in comparison.

I'm sad to say that I'm not a fan. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but you're using two shades of gold here. You've used standard athletic gold on the uniform trim, but the CAVS script/numbers on the road jerseys are almost Oregon highlighter yellow in colour.

Also, I'm not a fan of that CAVS logo. The past two re-brands have maintained a connection to the nickname in the form of the sword and banner. The generic CAVS wordmark is just lacking in comparison.

I've been getting alot of feedback on the gold and i'm going to adjust it. I honestly am color blind and have a hard time distinguishing between shades.

I feel like you need another logo to go with the "CAVS" wordmark, as Ice Cap said. I definitely think you should keep it as the wordmark on the home jerseys (I agree with McCall on the wordmark switch as well), but you need something else. Also, on the Cleveland wordmark on the jersey, try straightening out the bottom of the C like in the CAVS wordmark and continuing it as an underline. I don't like how the C curves up then underlines the rest of the word. This definitely has potential though.

Meh. There's nothing special about the wordmark, all you did was type it in some font. Look at the space to the right of the V in Cavaliers...you really need to adjust the letter spacing, it's not as consistent as the space on the left side of the V.

It's a very awkward looking font in general...the N looks upside down, the C and R are too narrow for the rest of the lettering, and the 8 is upside down.

Why is there an underline under Cleveland? It's nowhere else in the identity.

Why is there a dark outline around the name and number on the road jersey? It looks black as well, which is nowhere in your scheme.

A rebranding is more than just typing in the name in a different font and adding outlines and colors.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Better colours, but no improvement on the font. Why is there a gap following the "V" in the full Cavaliers workmark? It makes it appear like

CAV ALIERS

... which I assume was not your intention.

Also the font on the front of the red jersey is very bland, like you just choose "college" or something similar from MS Word. Perhaps you could considering upgrading that?

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Better colours, but no improvement on the font. Why is there a gap following the "V" in the full Cavaliers workmark? It makes it appear like

CAV ALIERS

... which I assume was not your intention.

Also the font on the front of the red jersey is very bland, like you just choose "college" or something similar from MS Word. Perhaps you could considering upgrading that?

Next update will improve upon the wordmark

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think that 80s CAVS script looks too dated to be used full-time today.

What they wear now isn't the most exciting set, but I love the way it looks simple without looking outdated. I actually think they have one of the better sets and color schemes in the league. It just works, somehow.

I hope they get yellow alternates in the near future.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Sorry. I'm just not sold on it. The word marks look like the letter head for a City Memo rather than the front of a jersey for a professional team. The font is just too bland. There isn't much character to it. The striping on the uniforms is also bland. Your presentation of the concept is wonderful, but the actual uniform is lacking even for a CYO team.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really don't like that serrif font; I think it'd look sleeker without the feet and tops. I was never a fan of the ketchup and mustard colors, but they're more intertwined with the history of the team and that's your overall goal, so they work. I'm fond of the court design though. Only other thing I might add is that again, I don't like the font on the away jersey at all. Perhaps "Cleveland" in the same style as the primary? Could still put the basketball in the "v" in Cleveland. Also, no shirts with a Joe Tait quote on it? For shame!

OK, one more suggestion. You know how fond we are of our skyline, right? Why not attempt something like these with Key Tower, Tower City, etc. protruding from the stripe?

is1scl749lfi2dtl89718ytbs.gif

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Archived