Worst uniforms to have a championship won in them

Morgan33

Anahiem ducks

Agreed.

BrothersNiedermayer.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon sports aesthetic enthusiasts.

Was wondering what everyones picks were for the worst championship winning jerseys. To get the discussion started I will offer my pick... The 2009 Pittsburgh Penguins.

photo removed

I have to agree - that is perhaps the blandest of the Edge templates (although in this case "bland" might be better than some of the over-piped and over-striped templages) rendered in pretty bland colors.

While there is nothing wrong with the skating penguin or vegas gold there is no getting around the fact the Penguins have an awful jersey. Nothing about it says anything about the history of the team or the city its simply a generic click and fill template brought in to show off the uniform technology. The Pre-Edge ones on the other hand compliment the triangle logo perfectly and what was so terrible about using the Robo-Penguin as a secondary?

photo removed

I think this might have worked in the edge template if they had tried to make it fit. However, even if they did the Robo-Penguin wouldn't have made the transition. While I liked the logo, I believe it will stay mothballed as long as Mario Lemeux (sp?) is the owner. I believe it reminds him of the previous owners who defaulted on his salary payments.

^ My eyes! The goggles do nothing!!

I'd have to agree with the Ducks in the NHL. NFL would be the Patriots. For the NBA I would say the Mavericks, and not cause they beat my Heat, but because I've never been a fan of their uniforms or logos(except their green alternates). MLB, sad to say, is my Marlins. 2003 was the first year of the current look that has most of the teal removed from the identity.

My first thought when I read the title was the Anaheim Ducks in 2007.

NFL - 94 49ers. They wore their throwback uniforms with white pants and a gold helmet on top with literally no gold to be found on either the jersey or the pants.

MLB - 01 Diamondbacks

NBA - I've never been a fan of the Spurs uniforms. I can't put my finger on what bothers me about them, but that's my vote.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Was wondering what everyones picks were for the worst championship winning jerseys. To get the discussion started I will offer my pick... The 2009 Pittsburgh Penguins.

crosbycup2009.jpg

While there is nothing wrong with the skating penguin or vegas gold there is no getting around the fact the Penguins have an awful jersey. Nothing about it says anything about the history of the team or the city its simply a generic click and fill template brought in to show off the uniform technology. The Pre-Edge ones on the other hand compliment the triangle logo perfectly and what was so terrible about using the Robo-Penguin as a secondary?

Thoughts?

img9024390.jpg

I love these uniforms...too much yellow in Pittsburgh already and I thought it was great for the Penguins to distinguish themselves from the Pirates and Steelers.

I would have to say the following:

jerry-rice-san-francisco-ers-super-bowl-touchdown-autographed-photograph-3339728.jpg

spacer.png

NHL

Tampa Bay Lightning: The Lightning won their Cup with a outdated design during a year where many other teams already came out with new stuff. The pre-edge era had a lot of nice jerseys and the Lightning were not one of them. The logo is bad. The team is suppose to be a black, blue, and white team, yet their uniforms are almost all black and white only. I also dislike the white shoulder yokes.

MLB

Florida Marlins: Too much black, too much silver. Not enough teal. I never liked their attempt at blackout uniforms.

NFL

Baltimore Ravens: Their number font screams 90s minor league football. Their primary logo with the Raven and the letter B is nice. Black and purple with gold as a secondary color is a good combination, which is why it's a shame they are using such a generic, uncreative template for their uniforms. I cannot believe they are still using them today.

NBA

Dallas Mavericks: Every year, one or two teams go back to their old colors/look during their rebranding. I am one of the people who are disapointed the Dallas is not one of those teams. And with their newly won championship ring, I don't foresee a change anytime soon. :( I liked their primary logo when it was first introduced, but now I think it looks cluttered and outdated.

Maybe the worst two uniforms ever to grace a Championship game. If could even call Super Bowl XL that.

2006-09-06-steelers-topper.jpg

To what I think is one of the nicest.

nfl-steelers-super_bowl_xiii_stallworth-john-82-black-1979-stockpic1.jpg

See what a font change does to the Steelers and for this matter the Cowboys font and pants, which were beautiful in the 70's.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Those 1979 Pirates uniforms have to be the ugliest for MLB, although one could easily point at some of the uniforms in the early days of baseball. But can the early uniforms in any sport really count?

This thread got me thinking about uniform karma, and how often teams in goddawful uniforms lose championship finals, and how rarely they win them. The Seahawks and Cardinals lost Superbowls, for example.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Anahiem ducks

Agreed.

BrothersNiedermayer.jpg

That's my pick, for sure. Absolutely terrible.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

crosbycup2009.jpg

Thoughts?

img9024390.jpg

I love these uniforms...too much yellow in Pittsburgh already and I thought it was great for the Penguins to distinguish themselves from the Pirates and Steelers.

I would have to say the following:

jerry-rice-san-francisco-ers-super-bowl-touchdown-autographed-photograph-3339728.jpg

those chargers uniforms are vastly superior to the hodge mess they have now

Archived