Worst uniforms to have a championship won in them

Morgan33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bantam%252520Rec%252520A%252520winner.JPG

these monstrosities. mostly because they're the team that beat mine in my inline league's championship game. :censored:ers.

amateur roller hockey has become one of the 4 major sports??? damn I guess the lockout really hurt the NFL

Bantam%252520Rec%252520A%252520winner.JPG

these monstrosities. mostly because they're the team that beat mine in my inline league's championship game. :censored:ers.

amateur roller hockey has become one of the 4 major sports??? damn I guess the lockout really hurt the NFL

didn't see the "4 major sports" thing, i though in general, what is the worst uniform to win a championship in.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Any uniform the Edmotnon Oilers won a championship in.

That shade of blue and that shade of orange do not go together well, and now they're using them again.

The darker blue & copper look was so much better--and I'm a Flames fan--I thought those were nice uniforms--but the blue & orange ones are awful looking.

And that logo is stuck in 1972.

Go back to the blue & copper guys (Pre-Edge)--they were so much better appearance wise.

Couldn't disagree more with this statement. The Oilers were a victim of the mid 90's trend of darkening everything to the point where it almost looked black in order to capitalize on merchandise sales. The scheme began to look dated a long time ago. The Edge jerseys just hammered it home. The current colours on the other hand look great together and seeing how they won 5 cups in them, there is no reason to wear anything else.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. They had great, bold, original colours, they went all dull in the 90s. Then came the RBK Edge, which slaughtered their unis. The colours were dull and bland, and so was the jersey. Sleeve stripes that go 80% the way around? What the :censored: ! And much like other teams, there were no waist stripes. No shoulder patch or shoulder colours, and those weird lines under the arms.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That shade of blue and that shade of orange do not go together well, and now they're using them again.

The darker blue & copper look was so much better--and I'm a Flames fan--I thought those were nice uniforms--but the blue & orange ones are awful looking.

Go back to the blue & copper guys (Pre-Edge)--they were so much better appearance wise.

Couldn't disagree more with this statement. The Oilers were a victim of the mid 90's trend of darkening everything to the point where it almost looked black in order to capitalize on merchandise sales. The scheme began to look dated a long time ago. The Edge jerseys just hammered it home. The current colours on the other hand look great together and seeing how they won 5 cups in them, there is no reason to wear anything else.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. They had great, bold, original colours, they went all dull in the 90s. Then came the RBK Edge, which slaughtered their unis. The colours were dull and bland, and so was the jersey. Sleeve stripes that go 80% the way around? What the :censored: ! And much like other teams, there were no waist stripes. No shoulder patch or shoulder colours, and those weird lines under the arms.

Hey--I agree about the Edge ones, but the pre Edge ones look great--except for a stuck in the 70's logo--the old blue & orange ones just make my eyes hurt--if they changed the shade of blue and/or orange--maybe--the Islanders had a better match of blue & orange when they won their Cups--it wasn't as jarring.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hey--I agree about the Edge ones, but the pre Edge ones look great--except for a stuck in the 70's logo--the old blue & orange ones just make my eyes hurt--if they changed the shade of blue and/or orange--maybe--the Islanders had a better match of blue & orange when they won their Cups--it wasn't as jarring.

I agree 100% stampman. The 90s color scheme was never used to a fraction of its potential.

I agree 100% stampman. The 90s color scheme was never used to a fraction of its potential.

The 90's colour scheme was beginning to look dated as early as 2003. When they brought back the old colours for special games in 2007, it was like a breath of fresh air. A much needed blast of colour to an otherwise dull, dated looking set. Also the logo should NEVER change under any circumstance.

I disagree about the Anaheim Ducks. They won the cup in a nice uniform.

Agreed.

Now had they won it four years earlier....:P

...They''d have won it in a much better uniform ;)

That said, the wordmark looks a bit better on the pre-edge uniform than in does on the Edge version. It helps that it actually had some size to it back then. But it's still very "meh" compared to what it replaced.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

new-york-giants-super-bowl-xlii.jpg

What is David Tyree doing to Manning down there?

Excessive celebration.

obama_applause_2.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I love these uniforms...too much yellow in Pittsburgh already and I thought it was great for the Penguins to distinguish themselves from the Pirates and Steelers.

I would have to say the following:

jerry-rice-san-francisco-ers-super-bowl-touchdown-autographed-photograph-3339728.jpg

those chargers uniforms are vastly superior to the hodge mess they have now

Not the Chargers, the 49ers monstrosity of a "throwback" kept regular in 1994.

rice-young.jpg

So, soooooooo, many things wrong with these uniforms.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

The 90's colour scheme was beginning to look dated as early as 2003. When they brought back the old colours for special games in 2007, it was like a breath of fresh air. A much needed blast of colour to an otherwise dull, dated looking set. Also the logo should NEVER change under any circumstance.

I completely disagree--when they brought back the old colours on a regular basis, it almost made me throw up.

Those shades of blue & orange are too jarring together.

The darker blue & copper flow so well together.

But then I don't make the decisions, I just offer my opinion on the internet.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived