2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

"Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear."

- Ndamukong Suh

Love it.

99% of Michigan will stick up for him because they're homers, but I'm starting to worry that Suh is a dirty player, and not just an unreal competitor. It's one thing that his freakish strength makes a lot of things look worse than they are. But he's repeatedly hit QBs after the ball had left, and you can't really defend his going after Mankins Saturday. Dude needs to tone it down.

Theres no need for hits like the one he had on dalton and delhomme last year. If you throw a qb down by his facemask you are dirty. Tell me how is that necessary? The only fear they will find is the fear of fines and fear of going 0-16 again...

But everyone knows Detroit lives for the preseason, its more important than the playoffs...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chester Taylor's gone. Looks like the bears went 1 for 3 on their signings last year...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

A little strange, but I was happy to see Stafford take a hit last night. I mean, I never want my team's QB to get hit, but I think the reassurance of Staff getting back up was nice to see.

Wasn't it? I feel good for him, came into this season with a lot to prove and he has somehow managed to do it in the preseason.

I don't know that I'd say he's proven anything yet, except that the potential for him (and the Lions) is through the roof right now. God, I hate being this excited and optimistic.

It does feel good doesn't it. Also vmd9, let me know when the Browns make any noise this year from the cellar? At least the Lions can rise from the Ashes while the Browns are still in the ashes from the Ravens. I wouldn't call Suh a dirty player quite yet. I think he is still growing and trying to harness his skill for the NFL level. Granted if he is still like this at the end of the season. I would say he is a dirty player. But right now give him a year and see what happens

A little strange, but I was happy to see Stafford take a hit last night. I mean, I never want my team's QB to get hit, but I think the reassurance of Staff getting back up was nice to see.

Wasn't it? I feel good for him, came into this season with a lot to prove and he has somehow managed to do it in the preseason.

I don't know that I'd say he's proven anything yet, except that the potential for him (and the Lions) is through the roof right now. God, I hate being this excited and optimistic.

It does feel good doesn't it. Also vmd9, let me know when the Browns make any noise this year from the cellar? At least the Lions can rise from the Ashes while the Browns are still in the ashes from the Ravens. I wouldn't call Suh a dirty player quite yet. I think he is still growing and trying to harness his skill for the NFL level. Granted if he is still like this at the end of the season. I would say he is a dirty player. But right now give him a year and see what happens

Gary said it perfect.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Chester Taylor's gone. Looks like the bears went 1 for 3 on their signings last year...

Maybe not?

It seems the Bears' front office has at least one delightful clown college moment every year. This season, they can't even figure out how to waive a guy! That's almost as good as the time they told everyone they'd hired Dave McGinnis as head coach, except they forgot to tell Dave McGinnis about it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats calling a press conference to demand "change while maintaining continuity." That was the tipping point of my football fandom.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah compare a 5-11 team to a 6-10 team. Like I said before they are both terrible, and the only difference is Cincy is the cellar of our division and the Lions are the cellar of theirs.

The Lions have been the cellar for the past decade and have not even sniffed the playoffs, and no one outside of a few dumbasses on here think they are any good.

It does feel good doesn't it. Also vmd9, let me know when the Browns make any noise this year from the cellar? At least the Lions can rise from the Ashes while the

Browns are still in the ashes from the Ravens. I wouldn't call Suh a dirty player quite yet. I think he is still growing and trying to harness his skill for the NFL level. Granted if he is still like this at the end of the season. I would say he is a dirty player. But right now give him a year and see what happens

Yeah compare a 5-11 team to a 6-10 team. Like I said before they are both terrible, and the only difference is Cincy is the cellar of our division and the Lions are the

cellar of theirs.

The Lions have been the cellar for the past decade and have not even sniffed the playoffs, and no one outside of a few dumbasses on here think they are any good.

Um, the Lions have assembled quite some talent the last few years, and actually have the personnel to do damage. It wouldn't surprise me to see them get 2nd in the division.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It does feel good doesn't it. Also vmd9, let me know when the Browns make any noise this year from the cellar? At least the Lions can rise from the Ashes while the

Browns are still in the ashes from the Ravens. I wouldn't call Suh a dirty player quite yet. I think he is still growing and trying to harness his skill for the NFL level. Granted if he is still like this at the end of the season. I would say he is a dirty player. But right now give him a year and see what happens

Yeah compare a 5-11 team to a 6-10 team. Like I said before they are both terrible, and the only difference is Cincy is the cellar of our division and the Lions are the

cellar of theirs.

Um, the Lions have assembled quite some talent the last few years, and actually have the personnel to do damage. It wouldn't surprise me to see them get 2nd in the division.

Me neither. They even have an outside shot at a wild-card berth (though a few teams in other divisions would have to stumble badly to make this possible). Their main competition right now is the Bears, whose fortunes have been feast-or-famine ever since the Spaceship era began. When the Bears stay healthy they tend to make deep playoff runs, but once the injuries start mounting they tend to suck hard, with seemingly no in-between. The thing is, they've not managed to put two consecutive "feast" seasons together since Ditka coached the team. If that form continues to hold this season, it'll leave the door wide open for Bubbles to float through.

CCSLC signature.png

Yeah compare a 5-11 team to a 6-10 team. Like I said before they are both terrible, and the only difference is Cincy is the cellar of our division and the Lions are the cellar of theirs.

Uhh, the Vikings were the "cellar" last year in their division. The Bears were the "cellar" in 2007. The Packers were the "cellar" in 2005. The Bears were the "cellar" in 2004.

The current "division" has been in play for 9 years. The Lions have only finished in the cellar 5 times. In the same 9 years, the Browns have finished last in the AFC North 6 times. Nice try, though, but I'd suggest actually knowing what you were talking about before you posted something.

6fQjS3M.png

"Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear."

- Ndamukong Suh

Love it.

99% of Michigan will stick up for him because they're homers, but I'm starting to worry that Suh is a dirty player, and not just an unreal competitor. It's one thing that his freakish strength makes a lot of things look worse than they are. But he's repeatedly hit QBs after the ball had left, and you can't really defend his going after Mankins Saturday. Dude needs to tone it down.

I wouldn't describe his play as dirty when he played for Nebraska.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*trash talk*

Your coach is an idiot, which means any Cleveland smack talk for the next two-three years is kind of pointless.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

vmd, stop trying to prove anything. Everyone here just basically told you the Lions are better, get over your self.

Even his fellow Cleveland fan. <_<

Haha, yeah. I can't stand fans that treat their team as if they are the best. Regardless of talent. Although, Cleveland looks pretty good for the future too.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

vmd, stop trying to prove anything. Everyone here just basically told you the Lions are better, get over your self.

Even his fellow Cleveland fan. <_<

Haha, yeah. I can't stand fans that treat their team as if they are the best. Regardless of talent. Although, Cleveland looks pretty good for the future too.

Eh, I think the Browns have a couple of years until they've got a shot. But their first ten games feature one team with a winning record last year (Week 2 @ Indianapolis). There's definitely a chance for them to start out really well.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived