2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the Giants, Eli Manning, and all the fans: :censored: YOU!!!! I hope you enjoy my avatar :cursing:

I understand you are upset about being unable to witness a Patriots Championship in your personal memory, but you should have a long life ahead of you.

Congrats to the Giants.

This loss is totally on the Patriots offense.

I wonder who was calling the plays tonight. The confusion reminded me greatly of McDaniels.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Eli now has 2 rings, beat the Pats both times. He's on Big Ben's level now, but still not a definitely HOFer in my view.

He's gotta be above Ben - Eli was more single-handedly responsible for his two wins than Ben was for his.

Of course, if Super Bowl wins are really the ultimate measure of a QB's HOF worthiness, that means Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson (1 SB win each) are more worthy than Dan Marino (zero).

CCSLC signature.png

Eli now has 2 rings, beat the Pats both times. He's on Big Ben's level now, but still not a definitely HOFer in my view.

He's gotta be above Ben - Eli was more single-handedly responsible for his two wins than Ben was for his.

Agreed. Ben sucked in his first Super Bowl. If Eli's not above Ben overall (and I'd say you could argue that either way), he's at least equal to him. Here's another thing to consider, Eli may not put up the gaudy numbers that say Rodgers, Brees, Brady, his Brother, etc. do, but the kid comes through in the clutch. He's QB'ed two Super Bowl winers. I'm pretty sure that most fans would happily take the results of Eli's career so far. Let's say everything plays out exactly the same regardless of the teams they're on. Is a Browns/Jaguars/etc. fan really going to say "I'd rather have Peyton Manning and all the passing records over Eli's two Super Bowl wins? I know I wouldn't.

To Cujo's HOF point: I agree. Despite what the Dan Patrick crowd may want you to believe, winning two Super Bowls alone isn't enough to put a QB in the Hall of Fame. There has to be more to it than just the rings, and right now Eli doesn't have enough outside the rings. That's not saying he won't get there, I think he will, but if he retired tomorrow, he's not a Hall of Fam QB. That's not a knock, that's just the reality.

BB52Big.jpg

Of course, if Super Bowl wins are really the ultimate measure of a QB's HOF worthiness, that means Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson (1 SB win each) are more worthy than Dan Marino (zero).

Super Bowl rings shouldn't MAKE a Hall Of Famer, only add to.

Like those who add "future hall of famer" in front of Adam Vinatieri's name.... Dude had an above-average career, but HOF for two clutch kicks?? That makes me wanna spew.

6uXNWAo.png

Classless move by NBC showing Mr. Kraft in defeat glare.gif

Not really, but I'm sure you're having a tough night and saying things you don't mean.

I didn't find it classless.

I found it sad for him.

It was a moment where he looked like he was saying to himself "I've lost everything" and was pushing through it.

It's kind of hard to think of a guy who has a Gazillion dollars, three Super Bowl rings, an NFL team, and a long and happy marriage as comparing a loss in a football game to "losing everything." I'm pretty sure that Mr. Kraft, while probably still mourning his wonderful late wife, would agree that he hasn't "lost everything." He strikes me as the type of person who would do a better job than fans of his team apparently are of keeping something like a Super Bowl loss in perspective.

Just a thought.

BB52Big.jpg

Well, that was quick... the NFLNet postgame coverage/celebration is still going on inside the stadium and already the event signage is starting to come down. There's even a huge Colts logo visible at one end of the stadium now.

CCSLC signature.png

I wasn't checking this thread during the game, but let me say that the Patriots letting Bradshaw score was the right move there, as was Bradshaw scoring (although he tried to stop). If the Pats don't let him score they don't see the ball again and have to hope for Tynes to miss an 18 yard FG to win. And as the Giants, you take the TD whenever you can get it. Him falling at the 1 would have looked really bad had the next snap been fumbled and lost or had Tynes missed the FG.

If Welker made that reception that he dropped...

Did he drop 6 points? I must've missed that.

:wacko:

Actually, Brady overthrew him there, but when a media-loved QB does it, the failure is 100% on the receiver. If Brady hits him in stride, it is likely a TD.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Super Bowl rings shouldn't MAKE a Hall Of Famer, only add to. .

Oh, I agree. But Ben's a funny comparison to make unless you're comparing rings. That and the position is about all they have in common, and they certainly don't play the position alike.

FWIW, I don't think Ben is a Hall of Famer. Until this season, I didn't consider Eli one, either. But Eli carried the team on his back this year, all the way to a World Championship. That puts Eli in the conversation as far as I'm concerned.

Well, that was quick... the NFLNet postgame coverage/celebration is still going on inside the stadium and already the event signage is starting to come down. There's even a huge Colts logo visible at one end of the stadium now.

They need to get ready for the "we're cutting Peyton" presser.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived