2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget Jones, f-ing Romo needs cutting this week. His idiot-face far surpasses Eli Manning.

Seriously, all he did was throw up his hands like "Aww, shucks".

I have been searching the web for like an hour now to find this because I know exactly what you're talking about, if you or anyone has a pic of it please send it my way. I'd love to make it my avatar.

You know what I hate about fantasy football? Everything.

I loathe fantasy football. It's turned fistpumping, popped-collar douches into armchair NFL analysts. "OMG, Player X's injury is going to ruin my fantasy team, bro!" has become the new "Oh crap, Player X's injury is going to make me lose my parlay for sure, man!"

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Oh, look who's reffing the Ravens-Jets game. The same goddamn crew that did Packers-Bears last week. I'm tempted to take the 20 minute drive to Baltimore right now, run on the field, and kick that son of a :censored: Mike Carey squarely in his sack.

So if some hooligan does that at some point in this game, well, that person is me. :P

25yzwqg.png

Oh, look who's reffing the Ravens-Jets game. The same goddamn crew that did Packers-Bears last week. I'm tempted to take the 20 minute drive to Baltimore right now, run on the field, and kick that son of a :censored: Mike Carey squarely in his sack.

So if some hooligan does that at some point in this game, well, that person is me. :P

I was just about to mention this. Infrared's point is proving true this week as well. Mike Carey's crew calling a flag-heavy game.

IUe6Hvh.png

There is way too much emphasis on winning when determining how good a player is. There are players who everyone calls great and has very mediocre stats, but are considered great because they are "winners" who have "guts". That's absolute bull. Quaterbacks like that aren't winners because they're good. It's because they're team is good. George Blanda is a great example. The guy threw 277 picks, as opposed to 236 touchdowns. That's terrible. The only reason he's in the hall of fame is because his teams won. Put him on a worse team, and those interception numbers increase, and he's not even close to a hall of famer. The only reason I cold see him still being there is because he was a great kicker, but as a QB he was less than stellar. Then you have David Krieg. He put up some great stats, but isn't in the Hall of Fame because he was a "loser". An even better example would be Randall Cunningham. The dude was a monster, but because he mostly played (with some exceptions, like when the Vikings went 15-1) on bad teams, he's not in the hall. There's also John Brodie, who many people have never heard of because his teams mostly sucked. Now, this isn't to say players can't have great stats and win. Look at Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Montana and the such. But SB wins should not a reason to be in the Hall of Fame.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You know what I hate about fantasy football? Everything.

I loathe fantasy football. It's turned fistpumping, popped-collar douches into armchair NFL analysts. "OMG, Player X's injury is going to ruin my fantasy team, bro!" has become the new "Oh crap, Player X's injury is going to make me lose my parlay for sure, man!"

Agreed, and I hate how its begun to creep into conventional football analysis. I don't really care that Danny Amendola's reinjured arm means Bradford's fantasy stats are going to go down. I want to know how the Rams are going to cope with this.

Answer BTW: Not Well At All.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There is way too much emphasis on winning when determining how good a player is. There are players who everyone calls great and has very mediocre stats, but are considered great because they are "winners" who have "guts". That's absolute bull. Quaterbacks like that aren't winners because they're good. It's because they're team is good. George Blanda is a great example. The guy threw 277 picks, as opposed to 236 touchdowns. That's terrible. The only reason he's in the hall of fame is because his teams won. Put him on a worse team, and those interception numbers increase, and he's not even close to a hall of famer. The only reason I cold see him still being there is because he was a great kicker, but as a QB he was less than stellar. Then you have David Krieg. He put up some great stats, but isn't in the Hall of Fame because he was a "loser". An even better example would be Randall Cunningham. The dude was a monster, but because he mostly played (with some exceptions, like when the Vikings went 15-1) on bad teams, he's not in the hall. There's also John Brodie, who many people have never heard of because his teams mostly sucked. Now, this isn't to say players can't have great stats and win. Look at Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Montana and the such. But SB wins should not a reason to be in the Hall of Fame.

All this text and no mention of Trent Dilfer? GTFO.

/George Blanda was a badass.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think Joe Namath would be more appropriate. The guy's entire, below-average (at best) career is ignored because of one game in which he barely cracked 200 yards with no touchdowns.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think Joe Namath would be more appropriate. The guy's entire, below-average (at best) career is ignored because of one game in which he barely cracked 200 yards with no touchdowns.

Wow, I knew his stats weren't as good as people say they were, but I just looked the up and DAMN, he had two season where he threw more TD's than INT'sT Definitely a great example of a player who should not be in the hall.

I don't think any real football fan considers Trent Dilfer a great QB. Even people who think stats are for losers can agree that he was a product of a great team, not a great skill set.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

What cracks me up is that Trent Dilfer is paid by ESPN to critique quarterback play when he sucked his whole career. That's like having Matt Millen grade every team's draft.

How did your NFL career go?

Didn't have one. I also am not paid by ESPN to criticize NFL players after stinking it up on an NFL field for years. Your point?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived