2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets suck, my fantasy team sucks, oh and my baseball team was eliminated a few days ago. GO LEAFS GO!

It's gonna be a tough winter then. :P

Anyways like to see the Pack really have a good game defensively in the secondary tonight, I think they're gonna have to.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Exactly. If there's an NFL team who's a more surprising 4-1 than the 49ers, I haven't seen it.

buffalobill.jpg

You really think Buffalo is a bigger surprise than the 49ers? Can't say I agree. If I had to rank the "surprise teams" from most to least it would be...

1. 49ers

2. Redskins (I don't think anyone expected a 3-1 start out of them)

3. Bills

4. Lions

BB52Big.jpg

Exactly. If there's an NFL team who's a more surprising 4-1 than the 49ers, I haven't seen it.

buffalobill.jpg

You really think Buffalo is a bigger surprise than the 49ers? Can't say I agree. If I had to rank the "surprise teams" from most to least it would be...

1. 49ers

3. Bills

4. Lions

The Bills beat the Patriots, which is not only a feat in and of itself, but they hadn't beat the Pats in about 34,618 tries.

I love my Skins, but with their schedule I think people had them at 2-2, the only surprise being the win over the Giants.

Kyle Orton may have made his last start for the Broncos, Tim Tebow came in almost led a comeback and added excitement. He deserves his shot NOW!!

I don't know if Orton has made his last start for Denver, but there is definately a QB controversy if there wasn't one before.

Tebow wasn't put in that game because John Fox has that much belief in him, Kyle Orton just made it impossible to stick with him. Terrible week of practice from all accounts and then he lays an egg on Sunday.

Thing is if they do pull Orton that's it. You can't go back to him. You either have to stick with Tebow or go to Brady Quinn, so unless your absolutely convinced that your better off without Kyle Orton I'd say he has to be your starter. Two weeks ago I'd say that would have been a very easy call to make, but now I'm not so sure. And I think I may be the most pro Orton guy there is in terms of whether or not he should be starting over Tebow, so if I'm even starting to question Kyle Orton as the starter, it may be time for him to go.

I don't think the Broncos will do any better with Tebow under center, but the way Orton's been playing and what their record is right now its hard to argue how they could be doing worse and at some point you do have to say what do we really have to lose by going with the guy we drafted in the first round last year?

Right now the rumor is that Kyle Orton will be traded before the end of the week, probably to either Miami or Seattle but for much less then the third round pick Denver was supposedly asking for him during the offseason. That may be the best of handling it because if your not going to play him, there's not much good that can come from having him on the bench, especially if a good portion of the team thinks he should be starting over Tebow. If you have more then one starting QB on your roster, you have none.

buffalobill.jpg

1. 49ers

3. Bills

4. Lions

I agree with this. The 49ers came out of nowhere and are seemingly a good football team. As a Bills fan, I had seen what Jackson and Fitzpatrick could do last season, so forecasting 4-1 out of their first five games wasn't being the realm of possibility (though I would have expected them to have won at Cincy and lost the Pats game).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jets suck, my fantasy team sucks, oh and my baseball team was eliminated a few days ago. GO LEAFS GO!

It's gonna be a tough winter then. :P

Anyways like to see the Pack really have a good game defensively in the secondary tonight, I think they're gonna have to.

Well, they sure haven't so far.

CCSLC signature.png

Not for nothing, but I don't think any group of fans complain more about nothing then Charger fans.

I used to think Eagle fans were the worst, but I'm starting to change my mind after meeting a few Charger fans in person. At least Eagle fans tend to be happy after a win.

I think the main reason for this is (and it's the same thing with Eagles fans) that neither franchise has won a Super Bowl and all our rivals have. It seems silly, but even the tiniest of frustrations becomes magnified when you don't have a full trophy case to look back on (and rival teams' fans can lord it over you even if they're less successful now).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's also easy to get frustrated when you are consistently competitive, win your division, make the playoffs every year and just can't win it all. I don't blame Philly fans for thinking that Reid may have to go. No matter how good he is, it's looking like he can't seal the deal.

And in the end, nobody really cares how many playoff appearances you have when there's a Lombardi-sized hole in your trophy cabinet.

It's also easy to get frustrated when you are consistently competitive, win your division, make the playoffs every year and just can't win it all. I don't blame Philly fans for thinking that Reid may have to go. No matter how good he is, it's looking like he can't seal the deal.

Exactly. Look at the Mavs - they've had an astonishing run of regular season success since 2000, but they went through Don Nelson and Avery Johnson during that span before finally winning a championship with Rick Carlisle. It's easy for teams to say "well, we're making the playoffs regularly, so we can't fire Coach X even though we're still ringless" but if a coach hasn't demonstrated any ability to get their team to the next step up from that over multiple years, they need to go or risk running the team further into the ground.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's easy for teams to say "well, we're making the playoffs regularly, so we can't fire Coach X even though we're still ringless" but if a coach hasn't demonstrated any ability to get their team to the next step up from that over multiple years, they need to go or risk running the team further into the ground.

And then there's the possibility that firing a coach can send a team into a veritable dark age, where teams go from being contenders to cellar-dwellers all because they thought firing a coach who won consistently would lead to a coach who won even more consistently.

Losing teams don't put rear ends in seats. Winning teams do. It's a business first and foremost. The chances of going from a coach who gets you 11 wins a season to a coach who gets you 5 wins a season are higher than the chances of going from a coach that gets you 11 wins a season to a coach who gets you to the Super Bowl every three years.

Also success starts from the top. Mike Tomlin surely would not have had as much success as he's had thus far in Pittsburgh had he started in Washington as Daniel Snyder's lap dog. There's a reason why some fans say the Skins will never win a Super Bowl as long as Snyder owns the team.

Not to start anything here but this is the exact reason why I dislike Jets fans a lot. Especially Under 30 year old Jet fans. You guys are way too in the moment and overreact to everything. After week 2 all I heard around this area in NY was how good the Jets looked. Suddenly they lose three tough road games against three possible playoff teams and all I hear is Jets suck. Granted they looked bad in those games but there's no way a team that has been to back to back championship games sucks. They're still a 10 to 11 win playoff team and you all know it.

Exactly. Look at the Mavs - they've had an astonishing run of regular season success since 2000, but they went through Don Nelson and Avery Johnson during that span before finally winning a championship with Rick Carlisle. It's easy for teams to say "well, we're making the playoffs regularly, so we can't fire Coach X even though we're still ringless" but if a coach hasn't demonstrated any ability to get their team to the next step up from that over multiple years, they need to go or risk running the team further into the ground.

Winning one score games is random, so unless you think the Chargers can hire a coach which will not have them play one score games, then there is no reason to get rid of Norv. Winning close games (in any sport) is random! The Rivers "fumble" under five minutes was not Norv's fault, it was random!

Plus, coaches have less impact on a NFL game than you think, as opposed to the players execution of the play given to them.

And the Giants are done. Falling to the Seahawks. Wow.

The NFC West has a couple up on the NFC East this season.

*plugs fingers in ears*

I CAN'T HEAR YOU! THE RAMS MAY HAVE HAD A ROUGH START BUT THEY WILL ROLL ONCE THEY GET STARTED AGAINST THEIR WEAK DIVISIONAL FOES!!!

/Good news! The Rams didn't lose this week!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is now an official statement: The Jets have played in two consecutive AFC Championship Games DESPITE OF Mark Sanchez.

Thank you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lose Clifton tonight and Bulaga a couple weeks ago, bah just plug Sherrod and Newhouse in, also Greg Jennings put the team on his back again, great play action. McCarthy knows how to coach em'

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived