NFL Pro Combat

capitalcanuck

As a Dolphins fan, I have to say I hate this. For what it is, the execution is perfect. However, the current team is constantly haunted by the shadow of the '72 teams and the Marino era, so if anything the Fins needs to go with a radical "modern" re-design, just like what happened the last time Nike took over the NFL equipment contract. That and I hate the limp-wristed pastels of the 70s.

But aqua is their color! Keep the navy blue but lose the teal already. Teal is Jacksonville's identity

its the main highlight of the team and next year is the 40th anniversery

Every year that a team goes undefeated is an anniversary. It's even getting on my nerves at this point. The current team has so much going for it and so many supposed "Dolfans" bitch because we don't have Marino in his prime behind center and frankly I think the team needs a refresh that reflects the new, aggressive defense.

cttdolphins2.png

But aqua is their color! Keep the navy blue but lose the teal already. Teal is Jacksonville's identity

The Fins' current color is aqua. It has nothing to do with the Jags' teal, which is a distinctly more blue color. Further, I would argue that since the Fins have been around a lot longer than the Jags and have a more storied franchise history, they should rightly have first call on any green-blue derivatives.

cttdolphins2.png

As a Dolphins fan, I have to say I hate this. For what it is, the execution is perfect. However, the current team is constantly haunted by the shadow of the '72 teams and the Marino era, so if anything the Fins needs to go with a radical "modern" re-design, just like what happened the last time Nike took over the NFL equipment contract. That and I hate the limp-wristed pastels of the 70s.

2005 was their 40th.

4616.gif

2005 was their 40th.

He meant the 40th anniversary of the 1972 team.

I really like the old teal you used on the jerseys instead of the modern darkened one. You just need to flip the dolphin on the pants so it's facing forward and maybe add some striping to the jersey, since it is still a tad plain.

TDZiMMB.png

I honestly think that the last Steelers jersey you have there is the most extreme that Pittsburgh would accept. Honestly, I think it would work really well.

Part of me wants to see a crazy futuristic Steelers concept, or something mashing the 30s with the future, but it's simply not realistic in the Steel City

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

my 1st idea was a futristic gun metal uni

the one in this thread? I mean WAY futuristic. Boise State/Miami-level of futuristic. something like the WVU pro-combat vomited the 1933 jerseys all over itself while reading Popular Mechanics' futuristic issues.

...lol is that the most graphic depiction of a uni idea on these boards?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Steelers look great, my only problem is the pants stripe, I'm not a big fan of that type of stripe. I see it a lot on pro combat concepts here. It just looks like you filled in space one solid color. Every thing else about this concept is just awesome though.

I don't have any problems with the Dolphins concept other than, instead of the 14-0 tribute being on the inside of the collar, maybe make a chest patch. It wouldn't be seen on field the way it is now.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived