Oakland Raiders Rebrand

missouri tigers

Okay, I'm just going to pass over Mr. Ignorant above. Wow. Did you even change the colors? Haha.

Um...are you referring to me? Not sure who you're talking about. The colors do look a little different...the gray looks more like a "sandy gray", if that makes any sense.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The colors are fine, it's just a slight variation from their current colors. Yet, the logo, is well... I'm sorry it's bad. People talk about clip artish and this is it. How does this "logo" represent a raider? Just putting an old guy in an old football helmet and making it grey, black, and white does not make it a raider. A raider should be tough. A raider should be intimidating. You just put a cranky old clip art guy in an old helmet and told us it's a raider. Go back and listen to John Facenda's "Autumn Wind" and that alone should give you direction and inspiration of what a raider is. Not an old guy who needs his diaper changed as you have here.

Okay, I'm just going to pass over Mr. Ignorant above. Wow. Did you even change the colors? Haha.

Um...are you referring to me? Not sure who you're talking about. The colors do look a little different...the gray looks more like a "sandy gray", if that makes any sense.

Haha no, not you. erict whatever: "ROFL THIS SUCK!!11!!!!!!1!"

Overboard? Maybe. But I'm bored.

Can't wait to see the updates, BTW.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that erict guy should shut his trap.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The colors are fine, it's just a slight variation from their current colors. Yet, the logo, is well... I'm sorry it's bad. People talk about clip artish and this is it. How does this "logo" represent a raider? Just putting an old guy in an old football helmet and making it grey, black, and white does not make it a raider. A raider should be tough. A raider should be intimidating. You just put a cranky old clip art guy in an old helmet and told us it's a raider. Go back and listen to John Facenda's "Autumn Wind" and that alone should give you direction and inspiration of what a raider is. Not an old guy who needs his diaper changed as you have here.

I disagree. I think this concept shows a lot of potential. Is it perfect? Absolutely not, but I certainly wouldn't call it clip art.

As far as the man in a football helmet not being a 'raider', the current logo isn't exactly screaming it either. I realize concepts are a great way to rebrand and reinvent a team's identity, but as a modernization of the current logo, I think this is well on its way...it definitely needs work, but it's on its way.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Here is the updated logo. I changed about every facial feature, and I didn't realize it before, but the new configuration of the eye really makes this logo look more intense.

I used a more desaturated color scheme, mainly because I actually prefer it over what I previously used.

So... Here is the primary logo

oak.png?t=1312089874

Here is the woodmark and Uniforms

OaklandRaidersRebrand-2.png?t=1312090304

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Although I totally agree with you jaha, I didn't just want to modernize their current logo, or substitute the raider with a skull. Both of those have been done a million times. I just wanted to do something different, And I think I accomplished that.

You did. It is very well rendered. I just think it will be difficult for Raiders fans to embrace it.

With that said, I can see the potential in a minor league team going for something like this. Or possibly altering it to fit something that is not Raider-like. I immediately saw potential in an aviator-type logo.

Change the shield to wings, slap on some goggles on the helmet, remove the patch. I think it would look top-notch.

It now looks like a child that was told "No desert for a week", remove the frown and come up with a different facial expression, and make the away numbers silver.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Although I totally agree with you jaha, I didn't just want to modernize their current logo, or substitute the raider with a skull. Both of those have been done a million times. I just wanted to do something different, And I think I accomplished that.

You have done what a lot of posters can not do including myself and that is make decent logos, i like your enthusiasm keep making logos and uniforms MT and don't listen to those negative posters who have not even started or could start a concept.

Still dose not look "raider" like

This thread is not about you! :wacko:

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived