Phillies Road Uniforms

oldblue

This is my next attempt at reinventing the Phillies road uniforms. I went with the 73 colors with the blue and maroon and added my "Philadelphia" script I made with the last concept. This is pretty much just a recolor, aside from the hat.

3.PNG

Looks good, but I'll never understand blue uniforms with red and white teams like the Phillies and Cardinals.

I agree with ya. Only thing I can tell you is that today many teams wear gray road uniforms. In the 70s and 80s, those gray uniforms were the powder blues that many teams adopted. It's a throwback jersey, and what I made here is a road alternate jersey for the Phils. In my opinion, it is time for them to put the "Philadelphia" script on their jerseys. If "San Francisco" can get crammed onto the Giants jerseys, "Philadelphia" should be no problem.

I understand that powder blue was used instead of gray, but gray is a very neutral color, blue simply doesn't make sense, and in my opinion looks pretty bad.

Blue is one of the primary Phillies colors. How can that be bad? Whatever bud, to each their own. Other than the blue, any other problems?

Archived