NFL Nike Redesign

vmd9

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i gotta say a few things here... thats one of the few falcons concepts ive seen that i havent despised... all of these are the very few pro combat concepts ive seen that i havent hated... and at first, i did not like your original bucs concepts at all... but i find myself liking the update quite a lot more... well done, sir.

I like this series a lot, well done sir. The only thing that I would point out is that on the second version of the buc's the helmet logo is the only red element in the entire uniform, a little bit of red somewhere on the unis wouldn't hurt. Also While the silver/gray vikings alt is unnecessary, I like it, but try adding some silver/gray somewhere into the home and away to justify it. And fantastic template man, I really like it.

Vikings look pretty good. the "horn" idea on the jersey is far better executed than what they really wear now. silver alt isn't terrible. only problem for me... the number font. it doesn't fit the idea of a Viking to me... reminds me of something that would be on a little girls soccer uniform.

Untitled.png

The Dolphins and Vikings both look great. I love the designs on both...very creative. I have one problem with each. On the Dolphins, I feel like the classic helmet stripes really clash with the design of the jersey. I'd like to see how it looks without any stripes on the helmet. And I agree with jakemon on the Vikings number font. It doesn't look very football- or viking-like.

I'm working on some changes of previous concepts. I'm looking into the font used for the Vikings. I tried to find something that was round and had some sharp edges to tie in with the horns and arm stripes. I'm starting to make some more "Pro-combat"-like alternates if that makes any sense. Like the Vikings grey for instance. Something different, that may not necessarily match the rest of the sets, but looks good as a whole. I did the same with the 49ers alt below. I understand these will be the most controversial, but I want to be able to do some more unique and creative things. Also still trying to update all of these displays to match the one below. Those that are not updated yet most likely still need edits...

49ers.jpg

The nugget must go. NOW!!!! Other than that, good job. I like the font.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I really like the Dolphins set. The only crit I have was mentioned above, in that I'd like to see the helmet stripes gone. Also, I'd like to see the alternate "Rocket Fin" as the primary on the helmet. Finally, I did a 2D concept where the two above were executed and I added in an orange pearlescent metallic flake to the helmet, but I didn't come across right; if you could pull it off, even as an alternate, you'd be my hero.

cttdolphins2.png

You shot and scored with the Browns 'cept dude. Keep 'em coming, I like what I see so far.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These are all great concepts. Your talent is evident and the notes of explanation provide useful insight into your thinking. An example is the 49ers' number font. That kind of creativity is what should be expected from the "experts" at NFL Properties but seems sorely lacking in every new uni introduced by an NFL team.

My only gripe is the presentation. For example, I can't tell for the life of me what's on the Bucs' sleeves (what is it, the pirate ship, but bigger?). Others have mentioned how difficult it is to see the pants stripes. I'd love to see this amazing work from a front/side/back perspective since NOB fonts and other touches can add/subtract to the design (death to LANOBs*!!). Otherwise, bravo!

My other observation is one of personal preference only, and it's that the teams have too many combos. Yeah, I guess I'm old school, but the whole Oregonesque "who knows what they'll look like this week" thing doesn't appeal to me at all.

P.S. Bring on the Saints! :D

* Logo Above NOB

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived