2011 Pro Combat Concepts

drdougfresh

I know this is inevitably going to spark a flood of them, if people haven't already started working on them (as a series, anyway), but I figured why not? I'm going to do a series of what I would do if I were in charge at Nike. It's going to be a mix of traditional and out-of-the-box stuff, but that's the fun of the Pro Combat. For the most part, there are no rules.

Uniforms (links to completed sets):

University of Oregon

Stanford University

United States Military Academy (Army)

United States Naval Academy

Boise State University

University of Georgia

Louisiana State University

Ohio State University

Michigan State University

So I'm going to start with Oregon. I love the Ducks, consider them my 2nd team, really. Ever since the year before we took Joey Heisman... Okay let's not go there. Oregon has pushed the envelope quite a bit as of late, and I'm sure Nike has an outrageous plan for them. I, on the other hand, actually enjoyed their old uni's before the whacky panels days, steel plating, sequin-looking crap, and now the feathers (which actually work for a change). These uniforms are designed to resemble the 1995 Rose Bowl team.

UO-2.png

I know, not what you were thinking you'd see from them. But I loved this look. Alright, let's get some good C&C on this one, eh? I'll be updating fairly frequently, though some schools provide a hell of a challenge on this one. Enjoy!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as most everyone would love the Ducks to do something sensible, it's not gonna happen. They're gonna wear the prototype for their next uniform switch, which will be coming next year.

However, it's a solid concept. Well done.

As much as most everyone would love the Ducks to do something sensible, it's not gonna happen. They're gonna wear the prototype for their next uniform switch, which will be coming next year.

However, it's a solid concept. Well done.

Oh, I don't doubt it. It's going to look ridiculous, I'm sure. Probably more volt, anthracite, and black. Like these. But I like these a lot... Just wish they were actual team colors haha.

Alright, one more for the night. Updated the display a little bit as well. Stanford is a tough school to work with, given their lack of a mascot. They're a color. Which presented an interesting dilemma-- take the easy way out and give Stanford the black out that so many people are just assuming they'll get? Or do something a little bit different? I went with some black, but I didn't want to drown it in black. I decided to use sublimated redwoods along the bottoms of the jerseys, giving it a distinct Stanford look. I went with the black pants and helmet for difference sake, and I think it looks sharper.

Stanford-2.png

Good night, Canada :flagcanada:

you know what might be cool? A dark green for Stanford, instead of black. You know, they are trees.

Haha I hate that color combo, otherwise I'd try it. With trees especially, it's bound to scream 'Christmas'.

you know what might be cool? A dark green for Stanford, instead of black. You know, they are trees.

Haha I hate that color combo, otherwise I'd try it. With trees especially, it's bound to scream 'Christmas'.

Works fine for the Bucks, and doesn't look like Christmas, either. It's all about the tones of red and green that are used.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I LOVE the Oregon one.

I really like the Stanford design but a another idea to imprint the trees into the design (and remove from lower part of jersey) would be outline the red pant stripe in a thin white line..and add a stripe pattern to the sleeve and do a ghosted tree pattern in there. Something slightly modern (almost like OK State new sleeves), could even do the same treatment to pants stripe. I think something along those line and itd be a homerun. That said its just my two cents your design is amazing just the same...

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I bumped the trees up and updated my original post for Stanford. I'm currently working on Army and Navy. May have those up tonight, though I can't make any promises. It's going to be a bit of a blast from the past, I can tell you that much. Keep 'em coming in the mean time!

Either placement of the trees looks good in my eyes. I just think it's a great idea. It brings to mind the sublimated patterns on the back of the Hyper Elite basketball jerseys.

Alright, service academy time. Army vs. Navy is always a huge game that most people don't really get in to. I thought it would be really cool to use this game as a way to pay homage to the service men and women of the past and present by creating a sort-of throwback to the service uniforms from WWII. Were they pretty? Hell no. But they are representative of one of the toughest (and most enduring parts) of our country's history. Instead of getting all fancy for these two schools, I thought the historical route was a much, much more meaningful way to go. Both uniforms feature an eagle holding the arrows and branch on both the back collar and the pants. Army's helmet features a sublimated 'netting' look, similar to what was worn on the frontlines.

Navy-1.png

Army.png

C&C as always :grin:

Love that color scheme for army. I wish someone had the nerve to actually use olive drab or dark khaki as a primary color in sports.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree with lightning25. And I would buy that Stanford uniform set in a second.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I updated Navy a bit, didn't want to go too modern with the numbers, so I kept it a little retro and got rid of the rounding. Not sure who I'm going to do next, but I'll probably start on them tomorrow. Keep the good stuff comin'!

Alright, service academy time. Army vs. Navy is always a huge game that most people don't really get in to. I thought it would be really cool to use this game as a way to pay homage to the service men and women of the past and present by creating a sort-of throwback to the service uniforms from WWII. Were they pretty? Hell no. But they are representative of one of the toughest (and most enduring parts) of our country's history. Instead of getting all fancy for these two schools, I thought the historical route was a much, much more meaningful way to go. Both uniforms feature an eagle holding the arrows and branch on both the back collar and the pants. Army's helmet features a sublimated 'netting' look, similar to what was worn on the frontlines.

Navy-1.png

Army.png

C&C as always :grin:

I' sorry that this seems really "nit-picky" but the flags on the sleeves of these uniforms would be set the other way as to seem like the person wearing it is running forward. Other than that i love both of these and would love if either team did something like this.

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

Archived