2011 Pro Combat Concepts

drdougfresh

LSU - WHOA! Interesting design...but I would NEVER want to see my Tigers wearing these. As a lot of people have said, there's no place for black on the LSU unis. I white number would be better. But, something is just lacking that makes the uniform identifiable for LSU.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you have going for LSU, but there's room for improvement. I agree with TylerBray on the helmet. I think you could keep the logos and have the sublimated stripes, and it would still look good. Or maybe just put the LSU and leave off the tiger head. The jersey is a little plain. I would add some sort of stripe to go along with the sublimated stripes. Maybe a single shoulder "loop" like on ASU and Washington State's new unis for this year. Also, I would use the actual LSU wordmark under the collar. Lastly, I like the idea of putting the eyes on the jersey, but it doesn't make sense to me to have them on the back.

Yeah I think I'm going to completely rework this, seeing as no one likes it. I'm definitely just going to put the letters on the side of the helmet (no tiger head), and add more white. Numbers and fonts will change, and I'm going to add something to the shoulders as well.

As for the eyes on the back, it's the best place to put them, and that panel fits them perfectly. I like that idea, so I'm sticking with it-- that won't change.

Thanks for all the suggestions, dudes. It's nice to finally get a lot of feedback (though it is mostly negative haha).

Alright, I updated LSU to look more like their traditional route that they usually take.

MSU. I preach Green and White all over these boards. I just want to clear this up before someone brings it up: that's for the traditional sets-- not Pro Combat. Do whatever the hell you want for these. There's rumors that MSU will have a black helmet with a bronze spartan head outline. Neither are really considered team colors, so that's where I'm at on this concept. Traditional sets or not, the bronze is FUGLY. I hate it. I think anthracite looks better with our team colors, and that's what I did here. A dark MSU look with the new head on the helmet and pants. The sleeves and pant stripes are made to signify Spartan spears (didn't want to take the literal route and look like FSU).

MSU-2.png

Gonna start putting these suckers on Mau's action template.

LSU is so much better now! For MSU, I would replace anthicrite with white. It would still look good if you left it, but I like the white better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like the MSU concept, but I wouldn't mind seeing it with the bronze replacing the anthracite. Of course, you probably won't do that, so oh well.

Numbers would be tough to see, but that is a nice look for MSU. Much better than a black and bronze set like you said they are rumored to wear. I thought I heard the rumor was some variation on the winged helmet, in black and gold?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Numbers would be tough to see, but that is a nice look for MSU. Much better than a black and bronze set like you said they are rumored to wear. I thought I heard the rumor was some variation on the winged helmet, in black and gold?

I've heard that too. It's all speculation at this point, IMO. A winged helmet would be hilarious against U of M. Most people don't know that we had it first, anyway haha.

LSU looks much better. The shoulder stripe helps a lot IMO.

I like MSU as well. I like that you kept the unis simple and spiced things up with the anthracite. The only thing I would do is move the logo on the pants up a little and make it bigger.

I LOVE LSU now! The white helmet looks really great. And for MSU, use the new wordmark and it'll look perfect. Also, make the spartan head on the side a little bigger.

I did, just mocked it up from one of the shirts I have (I own too much of my teams' apparel). Here's what it looks like close-up:

Text.png

The Spartan helmet is as large as I could make it without making it disappear under the facemask, etc. I wanted to go Boise with it, but I think I like the traditional placement more.

I LOVE LSU now! The white helmet looks really great. And for MSU, use the new wordmark and it'll look perfect. Also, make the spartan head on the side a little bigger.

I did, just mocked it up from one of the shirts I have (I own too much of my teams' apparel). Here's what it looks like close-up:

Text.png

The Spartan helmet is as large as I could make it without making it disappear under the facemask, etc. I wanted to go Boise with it, but I think I like the traditional placement more.

Dang, my bad, when I first saw it. It looked like a plain block font. Great job. And I meant the spartan on the pants should be bigger, my fault for not making that clear...

Untitled.png

Text.png

20101019040618!Michigan_State_Spartans_script_logo.gif

The "T" and "A" are connected. Just an fyi, if your looking for complete accuracy.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Text.png

20101019040618!Michigan_State_Spartans_script_logo.gif

The "T" and "A" are connected. Just an fyi, if your looking for complete accuracy.

If you're looking to be the king of nitpicking, you win! :D I did it on purpose, I don't like how they connect. It's a concept, accuracy isn't always going to be defined as a direct copy.

And Mau, I'm thinking about it, but I may use the other template (easier to show the uniform). I'll PM you.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

Archived