Uniforms that your team never should have worn

Jahgee

These Angels jerseys go without saying.

lgodmh-b78757055z.120110215121410000guttad19.1.jpg

I know that I am in the minority but I loved those jerseys, I think they looked great. But thinking back on my childhood it probably has something to do with that. I had grad parents living in anaheim at the time that sent me a t shirt and hat that I wore everywhere as a 6 years old. So the only real reason i like these jerseys are for nostalgic reasons, plus I don't think they look that bad.

Broncos

They were so goofy that it was fun seeing Denver wear these, but in reality, they're awful

20091011broncoswr101109.jpg

It's really just the socks that ruins it, though. Take them away, and the helmet-jersey-pants combination actually look all right.

They were a bit more tolerable to look at the following week down in San Diego.

09000d5d8138da68_gallery_600.jpg

The road uniform would have been better if they didn't use the pants with yellow stripes, they looked out of place with the primarily brown and yellow uniform set

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a prime example of why pullovers were a bad idea for classic teams:

duanekuiperbrokenbat_display_image.jpg?1283285328

And we wonder why the Giants never participate in "Turn Back the Clock" nights.

It's that plus their current uniforms are pretty similar to the ones they wore when they moved to SF - the font size and that extra gold outline (that is only visible on extreme close-ups or when you're holding a jersey) are the main differences. To look visably different and not wear the pullovers they would have to either wear the 70s ones with orange letters/numbers, the 80s uniforms, or wear an NY road uniform for the pre-1958 look.

It's that plus their current uniforms are pretty similar to the ones they wore when they moved to SF - the font size and that extra gold outline (that is only visible on extreme close-ups or when you're holding a jersey) are the main differences. To look visably different and not wear the pullovers they would have to either wear the 70s ones with orange letters/numbers, the 80s uniforms, or wear an NY road uniform for the pre-1958 look.

Still, when the Padres wore their 1984 unis @ Petco against the Giants this season, the Giants did not use their 1984 road unis, which actually looked decent.

fhfhc1y8k2jvu6a2c0r6j6zdg.gif

Then again, I'm a firm believer that "Turn Back the Clock" games only work when both teams participate.

Still, when the Padres wore their 1984 unis @ Petco against the Giants this season, the Giants did not use their 1984 road unis, which actually looked decent.

fhfhc1y8k2jvu6a2c0r6j6zdg.gif

Then again, I'm a firm believer that "Turn Back the Clock" games only work when both teams participate.

The host team provides the uniforms for the visiting team, so unless the Giants were just dicks about playing along, the blame would go on the Padres there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Flint Generals (2008-09)

2.jpg

Hated the logo, and didn't care for the stripes on the jerseys.

Saginaw Spirit ("Gears Throwback Night", 2010-11)

Making a Gears throwback jersey? Great idea. Using an orange and blue Spirit logo as the primary logo for a Gears jersey? Beyond stupid. <_<

Detroit Lions

medium_090209-kitna-black-jersey.jpg

Black for Black's Sake. The Lions should always wear blue at home.

1960 Detroit Tigers

1960Tigers.jpg

Never mess with a classic uniform.

1982-83 Detroit Red Wings

source_383_41325.jpg

Nothing wrong with the jersey, just the outrageous rounded numbers.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Self explanatory!

WilsonGibril4.jpg?t=1273537897

WittenJason2.jpg?t=1273538234

Yeah I don't think there's any argument there. :grin: Those are hideous.

The skinny helmet stripe in 2007 (or so) was also pretty ugly.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

and that Generals crest was an arrowhead...eh, why exactly? :therock:

The city of Flint's seal features a predominant arrowhead. It is also on their police dept badges.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

and that Generals crest was an arrowhead...eh, why exactly? :therock:

The city of Flint's seal features a predominant arrowhead. It is also on their police dept badges.

I'm assuming that's because arrowheads are commonly made of flint? Is flint a prominent feature of Flint?

These Angels jerseys go without saying.

lgodmh-b78757055z.120110215121410000guttad19.1.jpg

I know that I am in the minority but I loved those jerseys, I think they looked great. But thinking back on my childhood it probably has something to do with that. I had grad parents living in anaheim at the time that sent me a t shirt and hat that I wore everywhere as a 6 years old. So the only real reason i like these jerseys are for nostalgic reasons, plus I don't think they look that bad.

I agree with you. These were nice jerseys. I really liked them and I'm a Rangers fan.

Dallasbrink.png

westwood392-cp.jpg

Was never really a fan of these, but hated them when they were worn at the Grey Cup in '07...

Especially when they've had so many other nice unis to choose from.

I didn't mind them for a throwback game--but the Grey Cup deserves something better.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Worst Bombers jerseys in my mind. Couldn't find an action shot, but these are the worst.

275px-CFL_Jersey_WPG_1995.png

I know the uniform lasted from 95 to 2004, but the use of a blue helmet was what made me hate this look. Thankfully it only lasted a couple seasons.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived