Uniforms that your team never should have worn

Jahgee

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I can admit that the Calgary Flames current Reebok Edge jerseys are not the best, these are three jerseys they never should have worn:

Flames13.png

If you remove the random diagonal stripe from those jerseys they are actually pretty good. It makes you wonder what was going on in the designer's head when they decided to add those stripes to the jersey.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-back-pass-portrait-3361408.jpg

large_SP%204%207%20REDS%20HINDASH.JPG

082099harnischump_5650x437.jpg

Great minds think alike. I also posted the Bengals Halloween costumes and the Reds awful black sleeves and black caps with the home whites. Silly superstition led to that look for the Reds in 1999. They won several games on the road (The "Big Road Machine" for those who remember) and then decided that it must be the black that was leading them to the wins. Pitching, hitting and fielding probably had nothing to do with it. The players lobbied to have the black worn at home, as well, and Stowe gave in. It led to the most awful look in the team's history. Glad that era is over! Now, if someone will just do something about the Bengals. They're going to lose, not matter what they wear, but at least they don't have to be ugly in defeat.

While I can admit that the Calgary Flames current Reebok Edge jerseys are not the best, these are three jerseys they never should have worn:

Flames13.png

All three of those sweaters are better then what the Flames wear now, in my opinion.

Ugh. I'm not sure what's the worst part of that picture, those uniforms or John Henson's ball handling skills.

Almost as bad were our football team's experiments with navy.

greg-little-flies-bROWNS.jpg

unc.jpg

Hopefully, those uniforms will be associated with embarrassing scandal and they'll never be seen again.

I personally liked the navy, but wouldn't be surprised at all if we never saw it again. Wouldn't mind seeing those white helmets this season. Not holding my breath, though.

unc-silver-unis-21.jpg

Ugh. I'm not sure what's the worst part of that picture, those uniforms or John Henson's ball handling skills.

Almost as bad were our football team's experiments with navy.

greg-little-flies-bROWNS.jpg

unc.jpg

Hopefully, those uniforms will be associated with embarrassing scandal and they'll never be seen again.

I agree with the basketball uniform, but I loved the mixture of Navy in the Football uniforms.

spacer.png

bowl5.jpg

Awful. Just awful.

I know. BYU should have never ditched the royal blue.

I agree...I hated those BYU uniforms...but the Oregon uniform is my 2nd favorite all-time behind these:

XJPGCNORJXIQEUD.20101111183155.jpg

I agree with the all black look, but these uniforms were atrocious. If they had simply put an O on the helmet and removed the "flames", it would have been at least 20% cooler.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I agree...I hated those BYU uniforms...but the Oregon uniform is my 2nd favorite all-time behind these:

XJPGCNORJXIQEUD.20101111183155.jpg

These uniforms are a guilty pleasure of mine. I almost always hate BFBS and monochrome, but something about the silver, yellow, and black color scheme, paired with the matte black helmet looks great to me. The set could benefit from grey pants, but the monochrome black actually doesn't bother me too much. I don't think that Oregon should be wearing these uniforms, considering their utter lack of green, which is their main school color, but for some other college with black and yellow in their scheme, or a pro team in any sport looking to rebrand, I think black, yellow , and grey could be a great color scheme.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

The initial Edge version of the Ducks jerseys.

I may complain about the wordmark enough, but its teeny-tiny size here takes the piss.

getz.png

Ugh, right. I had forgotten about that for a minute. At least they finally put on larger wordmark to the jersey after that year. The other problem this caused was they really only made the larger logoed jerseys for people that started the season with the team. I remember players getting called up or midseason trades that still got the smaller logo, and it stood out against the rest of the team. Looked really weird.

The other thing that pisses me off about that, is that the replicas had the small logo too. The replicas still have the small logo. Hell the authentics still have the small logo. The only time there is the larger logoed jerseys is on the ice or if you buy a game-worn jersey or get it from one of those "off-the-back" promos.

So not only are replicas not the same cut or don't have the stripe connect all the way around (like the authentics and on-ice products), but they don't even have the same logo. It's ridiculous.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I agree with the basketball uniform, but I loved the mixture of Navy in the Football uniforms.

The navy jerseys could have looked okay if they were paired with Carolina Blue pants, but the all navy was atrocious. And the navy pants never looked good.

carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-back-pass-portrait-3361408.jpg

large_SP%204%207%20REDS%20HINDASH.JPG

082099harnischump_5650x437.jpg

Great minds think alike. I also posted the Bengals Halloween costumes and the Reds awful black sleeves and black caps with the home whites. Silly superstition led to that look for the Reds in 1999. They won several games on the road (The "Big Road Machine" for those who remember) and then decided that it must be the black that was leading them to the wins. Pitching, hitting and fielding probably had nothing to do with it. The players lobbied to have the black worn at home, as well, and Stowe gave in. It led to the most awful look in the team's history. Glad that era is over! Now, if someone will just do something about the Bengals. They're going to lose, not matter what they wear, but at least they don't have to be ugly in defeat.

You may remember that for a couple years after that they wore the red hats with the black sleeves. It looked even worse because at least the black hat matched the black sleeves.

and for some reason Arroyo wore it in the all-star game years after they had given up on it.

NvECSYya.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived