Missing NFL Logo's

GatorHunter

I did not know where to put this, but I was looking at some of the NFL logos and some of the current logos are missing. You have the new Playoff logo, but its miss labeled as starting in 2010, it should be 2011 since the playoffs did not start till January 8,2011.

You do not have all the other current logos:

Wildcard Logo

Wildcard_10_rgb.jpg

Divisional Logo

divisional10rgb.jpg

AFC Championship Logo

500px-Afc_championship_logo.svg.png

NFC Championship Logo

500px-Nfc_championship_logo.svg.png

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

I don't think that there's an issue with the date, since the logos were used in the 2010 season.

This seems to be the same semantic argument that Wikipedia "editors" use in single-handedly deciding on their own that NFL seasons should be named after two years like hockey or basketball, even though the NFL has had its playoff games span New Year's Day for nearly half a century while keeping the old single-year naming format.

I don't have a problem with it, I said at the end of my statement, "I may be wrong", so according to you I am wrong. I just stated that the logos they revealed in the beginning of 2010 season are not the logos you see above. If they used these logos before the playoffs I was not aware of it.

I see that you were trying to help here, but... a member with 6 posts is not needed to correct the best sports logo database on the web.

Have fun on the forums and roll with the punches :hockeysmiley:

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

wow, all I tried to do is help add a few logos that were missing from the database. I did not think there was a post limit to do that. I agree this is the best place to get logos. I found this place about a week and decided to join the site. But if everyone has the attitude like these few here, I don't think I want to stay.

I was actually on your side, some of the senior members can be a little hard on us noobs. Don't give up on this great place over something like this.

I also think that the 3 of us missed the fact that those logos were missing on the site. I thought you were just complaining about the dates.

I don't see any reason for anyone to get their noses net out of shape here, but I'm sorry if I personally offended you. You were factually incorrect with your premise, and we pointed that out. There were no personal attacks, no snark.

Thank you for suggesting logos to be added (we still have a suggestion thread somewhere?).

I don't think that there's an issue with the date, since the logos were used in the 2010 season.

This seems to be the same semantic argument that Wikipedia "editors" use in single-handedly deciding on their own that NFL seasons should be named after two years like hockey or basketball, even though the NFL has had its playoff games span New Year's Day for nearly half a century while keeping the old single-year naming format.

For the sake of clarity, some still get confused when they hear the "2010 Packers" were actually crowned in 2011. I don't disagree with Wikipedia's usage of saying the "2010-11 NFL season" or w/e.

For the sake of clarity, some still get confused when they hear the "2010 Packers" were actually crowned in 2011. I don't disagree with Wikipedia's usage of saying the "2010-11 NFL season" or w/e.

Who?

And even if true, they should take it up with the NFL, not arbitrarily decide that they should rename it. Wikipedia claims to rely on "verifiable sources," except when "consensus" trumps reality.

I see that you were trying to help here, but... a member with 6 posts is not needed to correct the best sports logo database on the web.

Have fun on the forums and roll with the punches :hockeysmiley:

You are assuming that one's knowledge of sports logos begins with one's registration to these forums. That would be a poor assumption. There are several big-time pros on here with relatively low post counts. You'd be extremely foolish to dismiss someone's attempted contribution based solely on post count.

There are more than a few errors in the database - I could have joined yesterday and realized that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't realize at the time that those logos were missing. I thought he was just bitching about the dates listed. Obviously post count doesn't matter to what one can contribute, I only have ~130 posts. Additionally I already apologized about my snarky attitude.

Archived