Look out Boise, here comes... a purple court?

dbackdiehard17

They haven't won a bowl game since 1949 and have never earned a bid into the NCAA tournament........they may be in the Big 10 but they most likely have the worst Athletic Teams in the Big 10.

WOW. Is that true? I'm not doubting you, but its just surprising because it seems like they've had some decent teams as of late.

Yep, the 1949 Rose Bowl was the last time they won a bowl game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I'm all for being creative, and this would be a first in men's BCS basketball, but that looks like a middle school court. IMO Northwestern needs to completely rebrand their program. Right now their entire brand is associated with futility and Dan Persa's injured knee.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, this look has actually been around for a virtual renaissance for NU athletics. I remember when I was growing up, NU (especially football) was a complete punchline. I remember when I was a kid, you could pretty much count on NU finishing 0-11, maybe 0-10-1. The current brand has seen them actually put a competitive team on the field most of the time, at least.

That said, yeah, the cat is kinda weak looking. I think NU needs tweaking more than rebranding, though.

I'm actually surprised that the colored turf infected football (three teams is three too many) before it got into basketball. Seemed like it would be a lot less jarring to play on a red court compared to a red field or something along those lines. Not that I want it to happen. Just a little surprising. Of course, then there'll be teams wearing long socks and headbands trying to blend into the court, making it impossible for the opposing team on the floor who don't have an overhead view to see the home team. :rolleyes:

I'm actually surprised that the colored turf infected football (three teams is three too many) before it got into basketball. Seemed like it would be a lot less jarring to play on a red court compared to a red field or something along those lines. Not that I want it to happen. Just a little surprising. Of course, then there'll be teams wearing long socks and headbands trying to blend into the court, making it impossible for the opposing team on the floor who don't have an overhead view to see the home team. :rolleyes:

That would be an issue if home teams in basketball wore their colors instead of white, and few opposing teams will match up with the court's color.

That would be an issue if home teams in basketball wore their colors instead of white, and few opposing teams will match up with the court's color.

White courts it shall be then!

I find it hard to believe these are professionally done. They're sloppy, feature an unused 3-point line, and "Northwestern" isn't even centered along the baseline

What do you mean, "unused 3-point line"? Don't the women use that?

Tf9TG.jpg

I find it hard to believe these are professionally done. They're sloppy, feature an unused 3-point line, and "Northwestern" isn't even centered along the baseline

The rule's been changed. It'll be one three-point line for both men and women now.

The women's line was moved back to match the men's, at 20 feet 9 inches

I thought Notre Dame is Chicago's Big Ten team, even though they're not in the Big Ten...

Technically, the University of Chicago is Chicago's Big Ten team and still maintains affiliation through the Committee on Institutional Cooperation.

Bring back the Maroons. That'll solve the issue.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I don't even think they use Welsh-Ryan arena for IHSA anymore. Pretty sure they moved all that stuff to ISU

I'm pretty sure it's at Bradley. But that doesn't really matter, I think you're right about not using Welsh-Ryan for IHSA games.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The women's line was moved back to match the men's, at 20 feet 9 inches

You're thinking about the WNBA. Women's Hoops uses the old Men's Three Point line still.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I don't even think they use Welsh-Ryan arena for IHSA anymore. Pretty sure they moved all that stuff to ISU

I'm pretty sure it's at Bradley. But that doesn't really matter, I think you're right about not using Welsh-Ryan for IHSA games.

What, the Boys State tournament? That's been in Peoria since the mid 90s. And it was in Champaign before that. And I think the girls tournament has been at Illinois State for awhile now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What, the Boys State tournament? That's been in Peoria since the mid 90s. And it was in Champaign before that. And I think the girls tournament has been at Illinois State for awhile now.

Yeah, I was 99% sure that the boys state was in Peoria. About Welsh-Ryan, I'm not aware of any high school games they host where it would be necessary to have the high school/old college 3-point line.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived