Look out Boise, here comes... a purple court?

dbackdiehard17

They haven't won a bowl game since 1949 and have never earned a bid into the NCAA tournament........they may be in the Big 10 but they most likely have the worst Athletic Teams in the Big 10.

WOW. Is that true? I'm not doubting you, but its just surprising because it seems like they've had some decent teams as of late.

Yep, the 1949 Rose Bowl was the last time they won a bowl game.

Not only that, but it's the only time they won a bowl game.

They've had some close calls though - they lost their last five by a total of 33 points.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe these are professionally done. They're sloppy, feature an unused 3-point line, and "Northwestern" isn't even centered along the baseline

What do you mean, "unused 3-point line"? Don't the women use that?

The women's line was moved back to match the men's, at 20 feet 9 inches

You're thinking about the WNBA. Women's Hoops uses the old Men's Three Point line still.

Starting this season the NCAA women 3-point line will match the men's

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even think they use Welsh-Ryan arena for IHSA anymore. Pretty sure they moved all that stuff to ISU

I'm pretty sure it's at Bradley. But that doesn't really matter, I think you're right about not using Welsh-Ryan for IHSA games.

Welsh-Ryan hosts ETHS/NT games and usually a couple city-suburban shootout games and a super-sectional, so the court would need high school lines.

Anyway, here's the winner:

6056993506_b09e8681d0_m.jpg

I wrote a message on the voting page begging them not to go with the painted in three point area look that's been dead for ten years, but they didn't listen to me. And there's more: "A unique feature of the new design is that it will be stained and not painted as is traditionally the case, allowing for the wood grain to be seen."

Here's a link with pics of the court being painted/stained. The purple wood stain doesn't look quite as bad as I feared, but I'm still not feeling it.

Going with a purple court would give them more media attention. Bad choice by Northwestern.

So would actually making the NCAA tournament for the first time ever.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

At first I thought that purple stain would be more tolerable than purple paint, but after seeing that slideshow, it's just going to look like someone tried to color the court with purple marker or crayons. Not good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Going with a purple court would give them more media attention. Bad choice by Northwestern.

So would actually making the NCAA tournament for the first time ever.

Painting the court purple is easier though. Besides, we *hosted* the very first Final Four. Anyone can just play in it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Digging up this thread to show the finished product:

6103677045_278ebc72dc_m.jpg

I don't like the inconsistency in the purple between the painted logo and the stained wood. Otherwise, it's not too bad. I can tolerate the purple wood stain.

I agree, I think the purple stain could be cool if it was consistently applied. With the painted center court and B1G logos, the stain just looks like a severely botched paint job.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Archived