Sign in to follow this  
Royals Insider

2012 MLB All-Star Game Logo

It's really good, but I think the flag on the right should be the lighter blue so it's the inverse of the left side.

Naw, I think it's right as it is. The flags are kind of behind the front part, which is properly shaded/highlighted. Having both flags or banners or whatever royal makes them appear to be more in the back.

Gotta say, I love this. Love the rendering of the crown, the light blue used perfectly as well as the gold. My only thing is maybe leave a little space between the flags and the front.. thing, on the black and white version. Looks kind of odd. If there was a little strip there separating those parts, it would better translate from the colored version.

I just want to point out that the B&W version is not the same as the one used on the trophy. You can see it smaller off to the right of the 1st image, printed on(or engraved into) gold. It is also on the little card under the "reverse" angle of the little trophy. I think that trophy is just that way because of the medium, cross-hatching or whatever else they tried wasn't looking right, so they simplified. I just wanted to point that out in case you were talking about the trophy logo as the B&W version.

By far the most creative ASG logo. It's nice to see that the logo ties in with the team ...

Edited by Magnum

I think that was just a one year thing. They've alternated every year since, and I've heard the next few are going to be KC, Citi Field, Target Field, then the new Marlins stadium.

My gut tells me you're right about 2014 (not much other competition, unless they give it to a place like Toronto). 2013 and 2015 could be a bit of a tossup, as there are older, more recent parks that have never hosted:

- Cincinnati (2003)

- Philadelphia (2004)

- San Diego (2004)

- Washington (2008)

Id rather see 2 of these parks get a shot before the Mets and Marlins.

So ... you're saying that the Dodgers are going to wait 50 years like the Mets :mad: ... and all because they still don't have a new park.

If it was like that, I don't see how Anaheim got 2010 when Minnesota got a new one.

Here's the patch the Royals will wear next season.

pMLB2-10740157dt.jpg

B-e-a-utiful.

Probably in my mind the best all star game logo yet. Love it. Nice play off the whole medieval/royalty thing.

Can't wait for the Mets to release their logo for 2013...Something like this maybe... :P

4808215349_cd438c14df.jpg?t=1312317568

So ... you're saying that the Dodgers are going to wait 50 years like the Mets :mad: ... and all because they still don't have a new park.

If it was like that, I don't see how Anaheim got 2010 when Minnesota got a new one.

I didn't necessarily mean it that way, the ASG was just in the LA metro area in 2010, just like why the Mets shouldn't have it for a few years. Target Field opened in 2010, no way would they give a 1st year venue an ASG.

I like it. Very regal. Almost makes up for not giving it to Fenway for its centennial. They better not give it to Wrigley in 2014.

Fenway hosted in 1999 - only 13 years before 2012. Wrigley hasn't hosted since 1990 - by the time 2014 rolls around will be 24 years. I'd say the Cubs can host if they want, especially if they get the renovations finished by then.

Don't they alternate between AL and NL each year? That would mean 2014 is an AL team year. Scrubbies can host when they win a world series....never.

They stopped alternating in 2007, when it was in San Francisco the year after Pittsburgh. Basically, there are more new NL stadiums than AL stadiums and it is pretty much stardard procedure at this point that new stadiums will get an All-Star Games.

Bud Selig has said they've gone back to alternating. They just did it that one time because of the new parks. From here on out it'll go back and forth again.

Actually they did it that one time so that Yankee Stadium would be lined up to host in 2008, it's final year.

the-more-you-know.jpg

Other than a lack of difference between the right side of the scoreboard and the flag in the background, that is pretty awesome. On the talk radio station they complained that the logo was no good because their is no "iconic" KC feature in it. I have to disagree, I think the cactus/golden gate bridge/Liberty bell/Statue of Liberty logos are a bit cliche.

Here's a better look at the flat logo. Beautiful.

asg2012.jpg

Now that I've had a better look at the logo I like it more than I did at first, but graphically the right side of the logo still has problems. It looks unbalanced without the contrasting blues. The patch fixes the problem though, and actually makes it a great logo.

Love it. A thin white outline of the shield and the background banners would be the only minor change I'd make.

Well, that or make the entire shield light blue and leave the banners royal.

Regardless, it's a winner in my book.

Great logo.

Really the only change I could think of would be to fix the same problem that everyone is mentioning (the lack of flag depth on the right side). I guess they could make the front flag entirely of that lighter blue.

Otherwise a pretty good ASG logo. Better than this year's, definitely.

Yf4Qq3Mv.jpg6702.gif

Noted this similarity in the other thread and moved it here. Oh well, it's a common font, what are you gonna do.

I wish they had incorporated fountains into this somehow (there's your local AND ballpark tie-in, RH), but I guess it's still pretty good.

Do you think the hats I designed -- well, really Chapeeko designed them :D I just came up with the idea and basic color scheme -- for the game in this concept could work for this? I do. For HR Derby unis, I would go with the Royals classic script (NL in blue, AL in gold), but obviously with AMERICAN and NATIONAL instead of ROYALS and KANSAS CITY.

So we know the Royals are supposed to be making some "minor" changes to their uniforms next season. What are the chances that means altering their current logo/sleeve patch to follow the ASG logo in some way? Just a thought...

I think that was just a one year thing. They've alternated every year since, and I've heard the next few are going to be KC, Citi Field, Target Field, then the new Marlins stadium.

My gut tells me you're right about 2014 (not much other competition, unless they give it to a place like Toronto). 2013 and 2015 could be a bit of a tossup, as there are older, more recent parks that have never hosted:

- Cincinnati (2003)

- Philadelphia (2004)

- San Diego (2004)

- Washington (2008)

Id rather see 2 of these parks get a shot before the Mets and Marlins.

Selig has all but confirmed 2013 will be at Chitti Field... as for 2015, I'm just basing my assumption off of what I've read on wikipedia (great source right?). I agree with you though, let DC, SD, or Cin get it before Florida.

Other than a lack of difference between the right side of the scoreboard and the flag in the background, that is pretty awesome. On the talk radio station they complained that the logo was no good because their is no "iconic" KC feature in it. I have to disagree, I think the cactus/golden gate bridge/Liberty bell/Statue of Liberty logos are a bit cliche.

I don't remember a statue of liberty logo?

This was the '08 logo, was there another alternate logo I missed?

502px-2008_MLB_All-Star_Game_Logo_svg-782938.png

Great looking logo - KC welcomes the ASG back to the City of Cows and great BBQ.

ASG-2012-logo_primaryKC.jpg

Time for the AL to put a beatin' down on the Senior League boys next July!