Penn State Pro Combat Concept

TheOneAndOnlyMau

I was just messing around with my new Pro Combat template i made and came up with this. I think it would be awesome for PSU to do a pro combat, so i took a stab at what id like to see. My intention was to create a one-off uniform that could be used for a home whiteout game. I tried to design this set the way nike might... so i went with an "anthracite"/slate/gray/whatever the hell you want to call it color as an accent. I actually have some anthracite PSU gear that i bought at school and it actually goes well with the navy/white color scheme.

Thoughts?

V1

ProCombatSM.png

V2

ProCombatSMbluehelmet.png

Full set:

whiteoutprocombat.png

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Good I guess, but there's really nothing going on here. I blue helmet would really make this concept over the top.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The 'anthracite' just seems to be there for the hell of it, like it was just an after thought added on at the end. It doesnt feel like it belongs with the rest of the uniform. Aesthetically not too bad but needs to be tied in to the rest of it somehow if youre going to use it..

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The design is good and I really like it but, it doesn't look like a Pro Combat. Also that template is awesome. Good work!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The 'anthracite' just seems to be there for the hell of it, like it was just an after thought added on at the end. It doesnt feel like it belongs with the rest of the uniform. Aesthetically not too bad but needs to be tied in to the rest of it somehow if youre going to use it..

The achtracite reasoning/inspiration was explained in the first post... i guess its AFAS but thats how nike rolls. Like i said trying to keep it authentic haha

EDIT: Updated with a bue helmet and helmet logos

The achtracite reasoning/inspiration was explained in the first post... i guess its AFAS but thats how nike rolls. Like i said trying to keep it authentic haha

Yes I got that bit, but I said it seems to be just added on for the sake of it being a Nike concept. Tie it in with the rest of the uniform and you've got something good here, which is obviously diffcult with it being Penn State so well done. Hope I've explained it better this time.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I actually like this. Why? Because it seems like a legit Penn State Pro Combat set.

If PSU did pull out the Pro Combat gear, you can beat they wouldn't be Oregon Clown Suits or Bozo State Blue Smurf crap. It would have a Nike flair, sure, but underneath it all, they're still the same Penn State who hasn't changed uniforms since the Taft Administration (note - also JoePa's freshman year).

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I actually like this. Why? Because it seems like a legit Penn State Pro Combat set.

If PSU did pull out the Pro Combat gear, you can beat they wouldn't be Oregon Clown Suits or Bozo State Blue Smurf crap. It would have a Nike flair, sure, but underneath it all, they're still the same Penn State who hasn't changed uniforms since the Taft Administration (note - also JoePa's freshman year).

This so very much.

This concept is, by far, one of the best Pro Combat concepts I have ever seen. You've taken Penn State's uniforms, one of the most sacred institutions in all of college football, and you've applied appropriate Nike touches to it. It works so well. Just ditch the blue helmet. The white looks great.

I do wish someone would adjust the template to include the new Speed Machine collar, though.

This may seems weird, but i actually think it would look better if Penn State did not have a logo on the blue helmet. Regardless, this is a great concept. The blue helmet is a huge improvement.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I do wish someone would adjust the template to include the new Speed Machine collar, though.

Thanks for the feedback. The speed machine collar is included, its just hard to see with the white jersey. Im making some final adjustments to the template and hope to have it up for everyone to use shortly

...Or dId you mean on the illustrator template?

Love this concept, its something I could actually see Nike doing for Penn State, and I think the blue helmet looks really cool. My only suggestion would be to maybe add a blue stripe halfway up the pants to match the sleeve stripe and to put some more blue on the pants. Otherwise its perfect, oh and great template too!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Thanks for the feedback. The speed machine collar is included, its just hard to see with the white jersey. Im making some final adjustments to the template and hope to have it up for everyone to use shortly

...Or dId you mean on the illustrator template?

Yes, I meant the Illustrator template. Sorry, I should have made that clear.

I've heard that Penn State stitches logos on the sleeves, but it's a blue lion on the blue jersey and a white lion on the white jerseys, never meant to be seen. I think if Penn State did a Pro Combat, they'd probably be pushed to do a whole lot of hidden stuff, probably in a more reflective material. Maybe you could throw some of that in, nice and subtle. Just a thought.

This IS rather nice, and very realistic. I like it. Especially the white helmet.

...crazy thought. the pawprint is so well known in Happy Valley and used everywhere, what if you did something like the Colts 50s throwback helmets with the colt-kick horseshoes on the back, but with pawprints? I think it just might work

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived