thespleenenator's Pro Combat

thespleenenator

I've decided to Pro Combat the other teams.

OREGON:

No further changes have been made

OregonProCOmbat-6.png

MICHIGAN STATE:

I used bronze minimally as to separate them from the other Green and White schools. I really liked the idea of the white helmet, and Nike already said they were going to use the new logo on the helmet, so I went ahead and used it here.

UPDATE 1: Bronze outline and pure green Jersey with S on the chest.

MichiganStateProCOmbat-1.png

And then this design:

This is supposed to be modeled after what an actaul spartan warrior looked like. The helmet resembles the way a spartan helmet looked (hence the helmet stripe being the way it is). The white on the jersey is supposed to resemble a cape, which most spartans wore, and the green is representative of their skin.

MichiganStateProCOmbat-5.png

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to balance out the colors more. I noticed that with your last Oregon concept, but you have seemed to fixed it here. The duck head is a cool idea, it just kind of clashes with the wings, I think it might not clash as much if you move the head onto the hip of the pants.

Michigan State doesn't look very good at all, and here is where the color issue comes in. Bronze is on the helmet but no where on the uniforms except the nike logos which doesn't show it enough. You should just eliminate bronze or use it as a accent color, and try and be a little bit more creative, maybe do some research on them or just try something really out of the box. If you do research on the team and other people's concepts for Michigan State you might get a better feel for what looks good for them and you can be more creative. You are just starting so it will take some practice but it won't take long if you take your time and try to be creative.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Bump. I really need comments on the new MSU.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Better, but it still doesn't feel thought-out. Slap a USF logo on it, and you've got a new uni for them. North Texas? Sure, why not? Marshall? Sure.

What I'm saying is this: there's nothing uniquely MSU about this. A stock block font, some different colors, and an MSU logo. Do some research, look at history. Come up with a 'big idea' for your uniform. Without those steps, it just comes out looking like a generic uniform.

Let me say this: cleanliness-wise? You nailed it (minus the different shade of green on the shoes). Creativity-wise? 1/10. The only thing that says MSU abou this are the logos.

Better, but it still doesn't feel thought-out. Slap a USF logo on it, and you've got a new uni for them. North Texas? Sure, why not? Marshall? Sure.

What I'm saying is this: there's nothing uniquely MSU about this. A stock block font, some different colors, and an MSU logo. Do some research, look at history. Come up with a 'big idea' for your uniform. Without those steps, it just comes out looking like a generic uniform.

Let me say this: cleanliness-wise? You nailed it (minus the different shade of green on the shoes). Creativity-wise? 1/10. The only thing that says MSU abou this are the logos.

I could see USF, but North Texas and Marshall? Are you high or something? I've been trying to find the MSU font for a really long time, but I can't seem to find it. The uniform doesn't have to be based on history. And i would call MSU's previous uniforms pretty generic if you ask me. Stanford's are generic. Iowa's are generic. Almost all of the uniforms from the Sunbelt are generic. The colors and logos are what separates most college teams. I have Boise almost done (just need to find the damn font). It's going to be much more "creative".

Am I high? No. My point is, it's a generic look-- plain and simple. While each of the aformentioned universities have what you call "generic", they are all unique in their own ways.

But if you can't handle criticism, I'll just leave you alone.

FYI: you're not going to find the fonts... you have to trace them.

Am I high? No. My point is, it's a generic look-- plain and simple. While each of the aformentioned universities have what you call "generic", they are all unique in their own ways.

But if you can't handle criticism, I'll just leave you alone.

FYI: you're not going to find the fonts... you have to trace them.

I find this unique in the fact of the bronze drop shadow, the Michigan State logos, and the coloring. North Texas and Marshall don't have bronze or even gold in their color schemes. I've been a bit timid with these designs because this board tends to be conservative when it comes to design. I think the problem is that I'm designing regular sets, not pro combat sets. And i realize I'm not going to find fonts. How do you think i got the Bellotti bold sample?

I just went all out on MSU. C & C Please.

The second Michigan State concept is actually kind of neat.

Again, though, you could really enhance the feedback you get by making these concepts more detailed. Right now everything just kind of looks fill-by-section and nearly untouched from a design standpoint.

For instance, aimless black stroke on helmet stripe, which is off center, not coloring Nike logo on chest, spartan helmet facing backwards on pants, random stripe on pant leg near bottom, not coloring the inside of the jersey at the bottom left of the front. Stuff like this immediately sticks out and distorts the concept itself.

I'd recommend taking a gander at some other series here and get a feel for what a finished concept should look like.

Not feeling the font at all on MSU. I think it needs something more distinctive for both the numerals and the nameplate.

I adressed this multiple times. I've been for the life of me trying to find a vector/trace/anything of this font, but with no success. Trust me, if i ever do find it, I will replace the current font with it.

The second Michigan State concept is actually kind of neat.

Again, though, you could really enhance the feedback you get by making these concepts more detailed. Right now everything just kind of looks fill-by-section and nearly untouched from a design standpoint.

For instance, aimless black stroke on helmet stripe, which is off center, not coloring Nike logo on chest, spartan helmet facing backwards on pants, random stripe on pant leg near bottom, not coloring the inside of the jersey at the bottom left of the front. Stuff like this immediately sticks out and distorts the concept itself.

I'd recommend taking a gander at some other series here and get a feel for what a finished concept should look like.

I don't see that. Where is it?

i REALLY hate that font for MSU

Do people have something against reading previous posts?

*facepalm. I searched Michigan State number font, not Michigan State new number font, which is why I couldn't find this image. Super double thank you. Any way, probably final update on Michigan State with new number font and fixes.

Archived