Football jersey from 'The Dark Knight Rises' revealed

rentz

Apparently, The Dark Knight Rises will feature a scene (filmed at Heinz Field) of a professional football game between the Gotham Rogues and the Rapid City Monuments. And a pic has leaked showing the jersey of the Rogues.

364346072.jpg

I'm impressed by the jersey, as it far exceeds the typical standards of fake jerseys in movies - they are usually awful, in my opinion. They even went as far as to mock up a fake logo for the league on the collar.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A yellow jersey with black shoulders and gray piping is better than you expected? Really?

I think they look horrible. The only way these differ from most generic movie teams is that generally they have awful color schemes with too many colors - such a a red and blue team which wears red jerseys and silver helmet/pants while encorporating blue and yellow as accent colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

A yellow jersey with black shoulders and gray piping is better than you expected? Really?

I think they look horrible. The only way these differ from most generic movie teams is that generally they have awful color schemes with too many colors - such a a red and blue team which wears red jerseys and silver helmet/pants while encorporating blue and yellow as accent colors.

I think he was speaking in general terms of quality. Usually movie jersey's are mesh with screen printed numbers and logos. These are much better quality, but considering it's going to be a huge take in with the finale of the franchise, i'm sure there was room in the budget ^_^

Why would a team called the Rogues wear bright ass yellow.

I'll bet it's because most of the seats in Heinz Field are Yellow.

04_Hou_Heinz_Field_44920.jpg

They chose the colors because those are Batman colors. However, with a name like the Rogues, yellow should be an accent, not a main. Yellow seats have nothing to do with a yellow jersey. What color is the Steelers jersey?

They chose the colors because those are Batman colors. However, with a name like the Rogues, yellow should be an accent, not a main. Yellow seats have nothing to do with a yellow jersey. What color is the Steelers jersey?

Sorry, but I'm not getting why you're so hung up on yellow not being an appropriate colour for a team named the "Rogues". A rogue is a pretty abstract concept that could have any colour assigned to it, I think. It's not like they called the team the "Tigers" and then put them in green and purple uniforms.

Plus, it makes sense given the setting. If they were in Pittsburgh to shoot and could get Heinz Field, where all the trimmings are black and yellow and can't really be changed or changed back given what I am sure is a tight shooting schedule, and then they put the team in green uniforms, more people would be blasting the filmmakers for not paying attention to detail and being inconsistent. I agree that maybe they could have gone with yellow trim rather than as a main colour, but I don't mind trying something different out, especially for a piece of fiction.

I will agree, though, that the M is pretty brutal.

I'll be more interested to see how the helmets turn out.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Why would a team called the Rogues wear bright ass yellow.

I'll bet it's because most of the seats in Heinz Field are Yellow.

04_Hou_Heinz_Field_44920.jpg

Whatever. There's no real Yellow in the "Dark Knight" version of the Batman costume either.

I was just pointing out the stadium as a whole - Yellow is a predominant color in Heinz Field.

1853_1312548938.jpg

Wow, wonder what events lead to the field getting this destroyed? Obviously it's a raised platform with grass, but it makes you wonder how much damage they're going to do to Heinz field in the film....

Probably nothing worse than the damage the Steelers & Pitt do to it every fall!

I know they aren't a thing of beauty, but I'd say they are as good or better looking than anything you normally see in films (Any Given Sunday and The Replacements being first on the list).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think they chose yellow and black because those are the primary Pittsburgh sports colours. They have to fill the stadium with extras and most of the extras are from the Pittsburgh area and are likely to have some yellow and black jerseys/hats/jackets/etc. that they can wear.

1853_1312548938.jpg

Wow, wonder what events lead to the field getting this destroyed? Obviously it's a raised platform with grass, but it makes you wonder how much damage they're going to do to Heinz field in the film....

Wouldn't mind if they destroyed that whole s**tty stadium...

Archived