Football jersey from 'The Dark Knight Rises' revealed

rentz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a very fine line. Usually can't tell where it is until it's been crossed, and then you can't miss it.

Very true.

This, I think it's safe to say, is an example of crossing the line at 200mph and never looking back.

Reading this thread reminded me of the old Columbo episode "A Bird in the Hand" where the victim was the owner of a pro football team, the LA Stallions.

They used footage from a CFL game of the Saskatchewan Roughriders playing the Edmonton Eskimos.

The "S" was for Stallions, instead of Saskatchewan.

My guess on the use of Edmonton is that it may be due to their unis being similar to the Packers.

But maybe it's just what they got.

Columbo & the CFL

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yesterday they filmed the football scenes. Does anyone have any pics? I was going to go, but the movie place messed up my "extra" papers. http://www.wpxi.com/slideshow/vj/28706981/detail.html Here's a slideshow from the news. Mostly the photos of what's out there and batman stuff. http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/08/06/heinz-field-transforms-into-gotham-stadium/?utm_source=home&utm_medium=dl&utm_campaign=heinz-field-goes-rogue Here's a blurry Hines Ward in uniform. Might as well pimp the other network http://www.wtae.com/entertainment/28696831/detail.html

KISSwall09.jpg

Now that it's been enshrined in the film, I expect that "Rogues" will now be standard in the comics.

After all, more people will see this film in its opening weekend than have read a Batman comic in the last several years. Combined.

Does that bug you?

It bugs me. It would have been so easy to do a little research and find a Gotham team name as opposed to making a new one. I'd rather they alter the colours to match Heinz field than come up with a whole new team.hh

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Now that it's been enshrined in the film, I expect that "Rogues" will now be standard in the comics.

After all, more people will see this film in its opening weekend than have read a Batman comic in the last several years. Combined.

Does that bug you?

It bugs me. It would have been so easy to do a little research and find a Gotham team name as opposed to making a new one. I'd rather they alter the colours to match Heinz field than come up with a whole new team.hh

Franchises like this evolve through each iteration. The football team's name is minor.

Does that bug you?

Franchises like this evolve through each iteration. The football team's name is minor.

Fair enough, I might be putting way too much thought into it. It's just like "how hard would it be to do some research?"

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived