NCAA Concept Championships

blase

What Concept Champs would you like to see next?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is the base for the logo. I will not attempt to deny that. I would not have entered if it weren't for the lack of interest.

But just because I think that the perspective on your logo is off and I accidentally called it a stork doesn't mean that you have to be so cold about it.

25yzwqg.png

Lack of interest or not, there's no excuse to steal someone else's work. It's quite sad that the one logo contest we have features two ripped-off logos. You said it was the base for your logo? No. It's exactly the same.

But, I am excited we got this thing going, I'm looking forward to seeing the other 8 logos!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Lack of interest or not, there's no excuse to steal someone else's work. It's quite sad that the one logo contest we have features two ripped-off logos. You said it was the base for your logo? No. It's exactly the same.

There are three parts to the logo; the word "base" was used to describe one of the three parts. Yes, they are exactly the same.

I am sorry.

I will be voting for all the rest of the match-ups and am also excited to see the East side of the bracket.

25yzwqg.png

There are three parts to the logo; the word "base" was used to describe one of the three parts. Yes, they are exactly the same.

I am sorry.

I will be voting for all the rest of the match-ups and am also excited to see the East side of the bracket.

Well I mean, if we want to get technical here, you took their existing wordmark as well. So the only thing original is... the font you chose to write "Golden Hurricane" with. Weak, man.

Well this hasn't turned out very well. So twisted from what it was to begin with from the original post calling for people to take part :( was really hoping for more o these in the future but after this one doubt we see another for a long time sadly

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Well this hasn't turned out very well. So twisted from what it was to begin with from the original post calling for people to take part :( was really hoping for more o these in the future but after this one doubt we see another for a long time sadly

We could have more of them, but I think if we want original work, it's going to take a lot more coaxing. At least that's what I'm getting out of this so far... nice work on your two though!

*GASP* Is this C&C? </sarcasm>

One thing (should you chose to do some edits on these) that is bothering me about that bear is his mouth. It looks like his teeth are floating on the roof of his mouth, if that makes sense? I like the hidden M, though. Both logos are TOUGH animals to do, I think you did nicely on them :)

If I were a betting man, I'd say the East is going to be a bit more competitive ;)

We could have more of them, but I think if we want original work, it's going to take a lot more coaxing. At least that's what I'm getting out of this so far... nice work on your two though!

*GASP* Is this C&C? </sarcasm>

One thing (should you chose to do some edits on these) that is bothering me about that bear is his mouth. It looks like his teeth are floating on the roof of his mouth, if that makes sense? I like the hidden M, though. Both logos are TOUGH animals to do, I think you did nicely on them :)

If I were a betting man, I'd say the East is going to be a bit more competitive ;)

The East is where it's at! ;) Goodluck by the way. I hope to see a good competition on the other side

Yeah yeah haha l am really ookin forward to seeing the east to see what they got though. I just enjoy seeing different takes on concept logos

Thanks I may tinker with the logos a lil bit after this haven't really decided how invested I feel about either. Not really a fan of either school just thought they'd be fun ones to do.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Where is the M in varsityblue's logo from? I know I've seen it before and I cannot for the life of me remember where

It kinda looks like the Quiznos logo to me, maybe that is what you are seeing.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Where is the M in varsityblue's logo from? I know I've seen it before and I cannot for the life of me remember where

I took this M:

1c.png

stretch and modified it into this:

1cc.png

then changed direction and reformulated it.

I hereby withdraw from this Mongolian cluster:censored:.

LehQRaC.png

Funny, you call me a "shady asscrack" in this thread...http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=80835&st=100

Yet, here you are pirating another's work. Hypocritical?

I am sorry.

Funny, you call me a "shady asscrack" in this thread...http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=80835&st=100

Yet, here you are pirating another's work. Hypocritical?

I am sorry.

Please leave your pissing contests in their respective threads. Holy crap...

Does anyone have C&C for the artists that spent time on these logos? Or is this just going to turn into a :censored: witch hunt?

JJSCOTT- I love your Oregon State logo, but something about the paw is weird. Might be a bit too detailed, too. That said, it's better than anything i could ever dream of doing myself.

jjscott.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived