College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

So do they explain the "inspiration" for the design in the center stripe?

It's supposed to be a stained-glass window. They've incorporated designs like that into a lot of their new designs. Maryland has the turtle shell, Utah has a topographic map of Salt Lake City and I don't recall what Hawaii's is.

Hawaii has palm trees.

Not quite. Hawaii's has a Polynesian "tattoo" print.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BC's new look isn't a bad look at all, but it is most certainly a downgrade IMO. They should have kept the single helmet stripe, instead of replacing it with a triple stripe. They also should have kept the eagle logo on the sleeves, because now there are no logos featured on the uniform at all. I also liked the two tone pants stripe, more than the new three tone pants stripe. I liked the look of the old numbers, but the new numbers look just as good, if not better than the old numbers IMO. I am also not so sure about all the different pants options. I think gold should definitely stay, seeing as it is their traditional pants color, and it looks the best out of all three colors. I think the white pants are unneccessary as they don't look good with the maroon or white jersey. The maroon pants are fine by me, as long as they only wear them with the white jersey as an alternate pants option, and with the rumored gold jersey. All in all BC still has a good look, but it was an unnecessary update and they should have stuck with their old uniforms.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Last time I checked, cardinal and gold are their school colors. Their helmet is cardinal and gold. Their away jersey is white and cardinal. Their pants are gold and cardinal. I don't see any problems there. You're just a hack who's obsessed with forcing the whole ZOMG NIKE MODERN SO KOOL schtick on everyone.

No, I'm not trying to get everyone to modernize. You're making assumptions and quite frankly it's impossible to argue with you when you make stuff up, so I'm not replying to your BS anymore.

So because one piece of their away uniform doesn't have one of the school colors on it, they should just get rid of the school color that composes 50% of their away uniform?

That may be the worst logic ever used on this board.

So you don't agree that a good uniform should have every color represented on it in each and every piece of the uniform? That's my opinion. I never said it was logical or not, and I never said it had to be the standard. But to me it would be crucial for every school to have a 3 piece uniform set in which every piece has school colors. Something my own school doesn't even do.

man you really lack perspective...you could make the argument that the away jersey could have yellow outlined numbers but that is it...it is by far one of the most iconic and unique uniforms in cfb...the uniforms are one of the definitions of simple yet extremely effective in its representation...from the color scheme to the crescent shoulders to the nnob to the black cleats with white laces their uniforms scream iconic college football...what also helps is that they arguably had the two most dominant runs out of any school in the history of cfb.

the last point being that they sell a :censored: ton of jerseys...you go on campus or the coliseum on a game day and the amount of nike/sc gear being worn is shocking...in my opinion usc is doing everything right with their branding and uniforms and it's paid off for them handsomely.

all this is coming from a guy that would rather root for the bruins

I never said they weren't iconic, I'm not sure why you're calling me out on it. Also just because they have been around for a while doesn't mean they can't be modified. This board is too opposed to subtle changes to update an 'iconic' uniform, seriously. Adding a simple yellow outline to the away jerseys numbers would be a fantastic and needed update. It would be very subtle and 3/4 of the fans wouldn't even notice. I doubt a yellow outline would cause heads to explode and churches to burn down like you act like it would. No one jersey is untouchable, it's a matter of what is done to the jersey that could either make it better or ruin it. Adding an outline to USC's numbers won't ruin the 'iconicness'

BC set unveiled fully:

198724_10150268769003877_25457243876_7956624_8009694_n_medium.jpg

228808_10150268769163877_25457243876_7956628_4730767_n_medium_medium.jpg

W(hy)TF would you mess with the helmet, Under Armour?!?!?

AWqT9uOCQAE93IL_medium.jpg

When I look just below the neck, it's actually tolerable. And I'm glad there is a white-white combo in there. But that helmet... those stripes... just horrendous.

One amazingly surprising thing... no italic numerals! Thank goodness that's gone.

I don't think I'm going to ever get around to liking these new BC unis. They took the Matt Ryan-era look, which I personally loved, and replaced it with some high school uniforms. And a stained glass stripe that has nothing else to do with the rest of the uniforms?

Same with Fresno. While the idea looked good, they're basically throwing elemnts onto fabric and calling it finished. What's the reason for the faded striping? Does it have ANYTHING todo with ANYTHING that has todo with Fresno? Probably not. What about the massive armpit bibs? Is that to look "badass"? How about that ugly triangle strpie? Does it look 10x better to slap a logo on the back of it?

I just don't get it. Neither UA or Nike can come up with solid, coherent designs nowadays. Hell, at least put some shoulder numbers on. I don't care how cool your template looks, atleast have a decent effort to look good on the field.

/rant.

So because one piece of their away uniform doesn't have one of the school colors on it, they should just get rid of the school color that composes 50% of their away uniform?

So you don't agree that a good uniform should have every color represented on it in each and every piece of the uniform? That's my opinion. I never said it was logical or not, and I never said it had to be the standard. But to me it would be crucial for every school to have a 3 piece uniform set in which every piece has school colors. Something my own school doesn't even do.

So you hate basically everything Oregon has worn recently? And your solution to that issue with USC's set is to completely get rid of a school color on another article (replacing it with a non-school color I might add)? Could you make any less sense?

So you hate basically everything Oregon has worn recently? And your solution to that issue with USC's set is to completely get rid of a school color on another article (replacing it with a non-school color I might add)? Could you make any less sense?

Y'know, I'm not really a staunch traditionalist. I like mixing and matching at least as much as the next guy, but SC's uniform should stay exactly the way it is.

BC set unveiled fully:

198724_10150268769003877_25457243876_7956624_8009694_n_medium.jpg

When I look just below the neck, it's actually tolerable. And I'm glad there is a white-white combo in there. But that helmet... those stripes... just horrendous.

This deserves its own thread. I'd start one and move all the subsequent posts to a new thread if I were a moderator.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I'm not sure where you are seeing that I said they should remove a school color. I'm simply saying that USC should add at least a yellow outline to the numbers on the away jerseys. Is this really that big of a deal? It's a freaking outline people. USC hasn't even been wearing the recent crescent jerseys for over 25 years, so why is everyone acting like they are untouchable?

I'm not sure where you are seeing that I said they should remove a school color. I'm simply saying that USC should add at least a yellow outline to the numbers on the away jerseys. Is this really that big of a deal? It's a freaking outline people. USC hasn't even been wearing the recent crescent jerseys for over 25 years, so why is everyone acting like they are untouchable?

Probably because it looks damned good. And, while they haven't been wearing these particular jerseys that long, it's been a long time (if ever) that the road jerseys have had an outline. Heck, my man R Jay Soward didn't have an outline (thus making me the first person in the history of fanhood to say "my man R Jay Soward")

I don't care how "timeless", "classic", or "iconic" USC's uniforms are...they need a revamp.

There, I said it. Sue me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

BC's stained glass "effect" would look much better if there was some clear pattern to it, rather than looking like a street map of Pittsburgh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't care how "timeless", "classic", or "iconic" USC's uniforms are...they need a revamp.

There, I said it. Sue me.

I am not completely opposed, but it's something that would have such a likelihood to be :censored:ed up that I'm not sure I'd support it either.

Want to mix all three colors into the uniforms, update the helmet logo, get some striping consistency, etc..? Sure, that would probably look great.

Throw some :censored:in BLACK in there, hella piping, etc? No. HELL No.

What do you mean "you people"? hahaha.

You're not the first person to use that joke. Get something new.

Anyway, I never said that every school needs to change, thanks for using captain broadstroke. USC could use some new uniforms, lets face it, their current uniforms lack a great away uniform that has school colors on EVERY piece of the jersey.

Last time I checked, cardinal and gold are their school colors. Their helmet is cardinal and gold. Their away jersey is white and cardinal. Their pants are gold and cardinal. I don't see any problems there. You're just a hack who's obsessed with forcing the whole ZOMG NIKE MODERN SO KOOL schtick on everyone.

You ruined the last NCAA thread with your stupid team color rants, now you're doing that here. Get over it! and keep things on topic or else before we know it this will be 100 pages about how you hate black and grey

Do you know what you are saying when you type or do you just worry about it later? A yellow outline would be fine with me, but that isn't what we were talking about. We were talking about removing all the yellow from their pants and adding white.

You said "I won't deny that USC would devoid their away set of gold, however I feel like those white pants match their away jersey more. Yes it cuts out gold but I think that's a main reason why USC needs to get new uniforms. They need to add more white to their home uniforms and more yellow to their away."

White isn't one of USC's colors. And how would taking almost all of the yellow out of their road uniforms (by going to white pants) help to "add...more yellow to their away"?

Do you know what you are saying when you type or do you just worry about it later? A yellow outline would be fine with me, but that isn't what we were talking about. We were talking about removing all the yellow from their pants and adding white.

You said "I won't deny that USC would devoid their away set of gold, however I feel like those white pants match their away jersey more. Yes it cuts out gold but I think that's a main reason why USC needs to get new uniforms. They need to add more white to their home uniforms and more yellow to their away."

White isn't one of USC's colors. And how would taking almost all of the yellow out of their road uniforms (by going to white pants) help to "add...more yellow to their away"?

Ah you're right, my bad. I forgot you and I were discussing the white pants. I had shifted gears to the yellow outline with other people.

White pants would in fact remove yellow from their away uniforms, but that is what their away jersey does, so why not use the pants to match? That's my argument there. If they don't want yellow on the away, then use the white pants, no problem.

If they want to add more yellow, they should add a yellow outline to the away uniform. It's simple.

Probably because it looks damned good. And, while they haven't been wearing these particular jerseys that long, it's been a long time (if ever) that the road jerseys have had an outline. Heck, my man R Jay Soward didn't have an outline (thus making me the first person in the history of fanhood to say "my man R Jay Soward")

They look good, no one is saying they don't, but the lack of yellow on the away makes it look out of place with the helmet and the pants IMO. I don't care who or who didn't have an outline on their jersey, I'm simply suggesting the CURRENT team gets a yellow outline on their uniforms. I'm not asking them to add black and completely rebrand, a simple yellow outline.

Archived