College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not understanding this grey thought process at all. It's light sand tan. It's exactly what we wear on our ABUs. It's also the same tan in ACUs and USMC desert cammies. Trust me, I see this color every freakin' day of my life. :-/

thatstan2.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Finally found some pictures of the Jayhawks. Bob Davis just informed us they are honoring the 1961 team (that ended 3rd in the Big 8, and won the Bluebonnet Bowl against Rice, woo).

ku_fbc_ttu_nk_06_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

ku_fbc_ttu_nk_07_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

ku_fbc_ttu_nk_08_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

...... ugh

I didn't know the oilers were playing the Falcons. :P

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

What's with the numbers on Michigans helmets?

Sounds like they're going to keep them there for the rest of the season... I'm not really a fan of them.

Wings only > Helmet Stickers > Helmet Numbers.

Indiana University is wearing its third different helmet of the season. Oops. I see now the IU is pink for breast cancer. Perhaps a sticker over the white letters? I miss the white stripes they wore on their helmets the last few years. I thought they went well with the pant stripes.

It looks like a regular 2 color decal to me. I kinda like 'em. Not too flashy. However, the players wearing pink sleeves clash like hell with their crimson uniforms. Eesh.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Boise State is wearing all blue at home on the blue field. I thought that was a no-no.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

Not the biggest fan of the matte look in general, but Air Force did it up right by applying it head-to-toe, rather than mixing matte pants with a sparkly or color-changing-flake helmet. Not a bad look. Oh, and it's gray.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not the biggest fan of the matte look in general, but Air Force did it up right by applying it head-to-toe, rather than mixing matte pants with a sparkly or color-changing-flake helmet. Not a bad look. Oh, and it's gray.

Why is everyone having an issue with sand tan? Do ABUs and ACUs really look like they have grey in them to the average Joe? I'm very curious.

The Air Force uni's today were 100% sand tan and 0% grey.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Why is everyone having an issue with sand tan? Do ABUs and ACUs really look like they have grey in them to the average Joe? I'm very curious.

The Air Force uni's today were 100% sand tan and 0% grey.

From one angle I thought they were grey, then from other angles they looked sand grey, but either way, I think the look is great and they should do it more often.

Here is a picture of Sand Tan:

sand_tan_bi116_large.jpg

Here is a picture of Sand Grey:

sandy_beach_sand_grey.jpg

Here is a picture of Grey: 1139962597_cturesGrey.jpg

Now everyone can decide which color scheme they actually used based on this picture:

imagejpeg_2.jpg

spacer.png

imagejpeg_2.jpg

From the same article.

Air Force did well to keep their new uniforms a secret – coach Troy Calhoun said there was nothing planned, and nobody else blabbed either. But this morning when Air Force came out for warmups they did so in sharp alternate uniforms – gray jerseys with a matching helmet, and blue pants. The look is a preview for next year, when Air Force will add gray jerseys and blue pants for a few selected games.

Of course, it's possible that the team, the people that write about the team, and everybody else on the :censored:ing planet is wrong, and Wikipedia Boy is right.

I'm no ColorWerx, but a Google Image search for "sand tan" gave me these:

sand_tan_bi116_large.jpghw_sand.png

300174_10150400237516062_767201061_10144143_1694981558_n.jpg

I can kinda see it in the second swatch, but you ask 100 people what color that second swatch is, and I think a vast majority will tell you gray. And considering that Air Force always wears blue and silver/gray anyway, well, it's gray.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived