College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I'm not understanding this grey thought process at all. It's light sand tan. It's exactly what we wear on our ABUs. It's also the same tan in ACUs and USMC desert cammies. Trust me, I see this color every freakin' day of my life. :-/

thatstan2.jpg

I see that ABU tan every day as well. And you're wrong. They definitely wore gray. The picture of the uniforms and helmet in the locker room make it as clear as day. They do have a bit of a tan tint based on a picture of them on a television screen that you posted... but every single other picture clearly shows them as being gray.

I like them in pictures, but watching the game on TV, the uniforms just looked dirty. The gray isn't dark enough to look really good. I liked the blue pants, though. I'd like to see them either make the gray their permanent road uniform (helmet included) or scrap it altogether.

I like how the Air Force's uniforms pale in comparison to the other branches just like our service uniforms (ABU's and dress uniforms) do. Consistency!

OT but what do you do in the AF? B-1 Crew Chief here.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw ASU's uniform. Not good IMO. There is no other colors on the pants and no white on the shirts.

They were ok, but yeah there were a couple inconsistencies throughout that I did not like.

1) Helmet - The white helmet doesn't go with the maroon jersey purely because of the pitchfork colors. On the helmet, it's maroon with a gold outline, then the pitchfork stripes on the uniform are gold and essentially have a maroon outline. It's reversed. It clashes. blah. No white on the jerseys wouldn't be a big deal (the pants even it out, but I'll get to them in a second).

2) Pants - It's quite glaring seeing the pants with the colored jerseys for the first time how plain the pants are. You have the dynamic, colored logo on the helmet, the jerseys have great contrast and it stands out, then the pants were stark white. Those things desperately need a maroon stripe on them.

299964_10150310367701854_22208101853_8448386_514907728_n.jpg

315335_10150310368446854_22208101853_8448401_1394372379_n.jpg

Just saw ASU's uniform. Not good IMO. There is no other colors on the pants and no white on the shirts.

They were ok, but yeah there were a couple inconsistencies throughout that I did not like.

1) Helmet - The white helmet doesn't go with the maroon jersey purely because of the pitchfork colors. On the helmet, it's maroon with a gold outline, then the pitchfork stripes on the uniform are gold and essentially have a maroon outline. It's reversed. It clashes. blah. No white on the jerseys wouldn't be a big deal (the pants even it out, but I'll get to them in a second).

2) Pants - It's quite glaring seeing the pants with the colored jerseys for the first time how plain the pants are. You have the dynamic, colored logo on the helmet, the jerseys have great contrast and it stands out, then the pants were stark white. Those things desperately need a maroon stripe on them.

299964_10150310367701854_22208101853_8448386_514907728_n.jpg

315335_10150310368446854_22208101853_8448401_1394372379_n.jpg

For a second I thought Wyoming got new jerseys.

Arizona State really needs to knock off these crazy combos. The only time they have ever looked good all season was when wearing gold-maroon-gold, and that's basically it. This recent combo really didn't look great at all. They need to scrap all of thier black crap and this white helmet, ASAP. It's just not working.

Arizona State really needs to knock off these crazy combos. The only time they have ever looked good all season was when wearing gold-maroon-gold, and that's basically it. This recent combo really didn't look great at all. They need to scrap all of thier black crap and this white helmet, ASAP. It's just not working.

But black makes kids want to play for their football team!

I definitely agree with you. Arizona State looks good in maroon and gold, and ONLY maroon and gold. Gold-maroon-gold at home, gold-white-maroon or gold-white-gold on the road and nothing else. Please.

Nebraska seems to have two circle patches with different "Ns". What do they signify?

The one on the left is the "Nebraska Football: A Winning Tradition" patch that has been on for many years. The one on the right recognizes the inaugural season in the B1G.

I agree with the others that those Arizona State uniforms with white helmets and white pants are horrible.

ASU needs to look like ASU, not some other team.

I agree, the best look is the gold helmets, maroon jerseys and gold pants for the home uniforms, although I also like the maroon helmets. But if they used maroon helmets with gold pants, ASU would look too much like Southern Cal. So, again, I go back to ASU needs to look like ASU, not some other team.

And bring back Sparky.

Ugh, the Utes looked bad saturday. In more ways than one....

I'm totally fine with black as a minimal trim for the Utes, but the way they've been using it the past few years (blackouts, these atrocious pants) is not so great. I'd better not see a black helmet in the near future, or I may have to punch a wall.

Ugh, the Utes looked bad saturday. In more ways than one....

I'm totally fine with black as a minimal trim for the Utes, but the way they've been using it the past few years (blackouts, these atrocious pants) is not so great. I'd better not see a black helmet in the near future, or I may have to punch a wall.

I have some VERY bad news for you then...According to Devonte Christopher, there will be black helmets at some point this season...

The Utes wore a Red-Red-Black combo for the first time in school history on Saturday...BIG news...I'm surprised so many missed it... ^_^

except it was already mentioned

Pssh. But not on any of the pages that I read.... :D

Consider my wall punched then. Dear almighty...

That's pretty dissapointing. The Utes are a RED team. Not black and red, RED. As in RED. :P Pretty pissed to hear the "look KEWL!" bus may be stopping in SLC...

Pic from the Silver vs White fest

1317575443747.png

Also uni related, Washington State is asking Coug fans to vote for the homecoming unis

http://www.wsucougars.com/promotions/uniform-vote.html

Clearly those New Mexico jerseys are tan. :rolleyes:^_^

On a serious note, that game must have been unwatchable.

I tried to watch some of the replay on The Mountain and it was pretty unbearable. I don't know how this was even allowed.

Archived