College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either you're joking, you need to check your monitor, or you need to check your eyes.

He is joking. Go back and read Johnny Seoul's ongoing quest to prove to the world that Air Force's alternates, despite all evidence, are actually tan.

Just saw ASU's uniform. Not good IMO. There is no other colors on the pants and no white on the shirts.

They were ok, but yeah there were a couple inconsistencies throughout that I did not like.

1) Helmet - The white helmet doesn't go with the maroon jersey purely because of the pitchfork colors. On the helmet, it's maroon with a gold outline, then the pitchfork stripes on the uniform are gold and essentially have a maroon outline. It's reversed. It clashes. blah. No white on the jerseys wouldn't be a big deal (the pants even it out, but I'll get to them in a second).

2) Pants - It's quite glaring seeing the pants with the colored jerseys for the first time how plain the pants are. You have the dynamic, colored logo on the helmet, the jerseys have great contrast and it stands out, then the pants were stark white. Those things desperately need a maroon stripe on them.

299964_10150310367701854_22208101853_8448386_514907728_n.jpg

315335_10150310368446854_22208101853_8448401_1394372379_n.jpg

Horible look. I hate when a team goes with non-white numbers with white helmets and/or pants. If you wear gold numbers, you HAVE to have another gold uniform element.

Ugh, the Utes looked bad saturday. In more ways than one....

I'm totally fine with black as a minimal trim for the Utes, but the way they've been using it the past few years (blackouts, these atrocious pants) is not so great. I'd better not see a black helmet in the near future, or I may have to punch a wall.

I have some VERY bad news for you then...According to Devonte Christopher, there will be black helmets at some point this season...

The Utes wore a Red-Red-Black combo for the first time in school history on Saturday...BIG news...I'm surprised so many missed it... ^_^

except it was already mentioned

Pssh. But not on any of the pages that I read.... :D

Oh OK I got you. It was hard to find in all the gray/tan AF debate! They WERE gray though...

If that really is going to be a game worn jersey, they should have updated the duck going through the O logo or at least put either logo on the sleeves and not the shoulders. Ireally like how the more traditional green and yellow looks with their modern jerseys and number font, but still prefer the current colors. Depending on how the rest of the uniform looks in the game, could be a nice change up to the wings and volt.

maehl.png

This could either end up looking really good, or really bad.

BTW, I called throwback for Cal game! Wohoo! 1 for 1 right now :grin:

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This could either end up looking really good, or really bad.

BTW, I called throwback for Cal game! Wohoo! 1 for 1 right now :grin:

Nice green.

Still one of the worst number fonts ever.

The logo looks out of place IMO, and since no one can really see the full script on the jerseys when watching on TV, these unis look like a lighter green alternate jersey. I personally don't like them, but as a one-time deal, why not.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Oregon cannot use the "donald" logo on anything that they make money off of. They could use them on the game worn jerseys, but we all know Nike doesn't want to put something on the field that they can't sell. So we get these jerseys instead, complete with a duck (correct me if I'm wrong) that i have not seen on a ducks' uniform before.

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

Oregon cannot use the "donald" logo on anything that they make money off of. They could use them on the game worn jerseys, but we all know Nike doesn't want to put something on the field that they can't sell. So we get these jerseys instead, complete with a duck (correct me if I'm wrong) that i have not seen on a ducks' uniform before.

You're wrong. 2 years ago after the controversy of the "I Love My Ducks" video Disney stated that Oregon's Duck is not close enough to Disney's Donald Duck and now Oregon can profit off of Puddles all they want.

That being said, that is a new logo on those uniforms and looks nothing like the original "Donald" logo.

Also I think this jersey is an homage to our wonderful mascot, interesting but that's what it appears to be.

Archived