College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What helmet will be used? The throwback that they wore 2 years ago?

I heard that it's going to be different, and that a white helmet with a green UO and a green facemask is being considered although it probably won't be chosen because it's not really a throwback to anything. Most likely, although not officially, it wil be something either like this

51c65d552a2130082ec236fd8f9b.jpg

Or the 94 Rose bowl throwbacks.

oregon1994c.jpg

Who knows though; maybe they'll come up with something entirely different. It would be interesting to see Puddles on the helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

DP, but in other news:

6208810418_cc2dbe0df7_b.jpg

Whats the deal on this? Is that black?

Yes. GT is apparently going blackout for their next game.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

DP, but in other news:

Any other sources, images, etc? Where did you hear about this?

I got it from Uniwatch. My sources on the Oregon stuff is because some of the professors, including one whose also involved in the Athletic Department, who occasional tell me these thing.

DP, but in other news:

Any other sources, images, etc? Where did you hear about this?

I got it from Uniwatch. My sources on the Oregon stuff is because some of the professors, including one whose also involved in the Athletic Department, who occasional tell me these thing.

I'm just interested in the GT news. Very interesting if true. Could you link me to the source? I went the Uni-watch blog, but didn't see anything in the recent posts. Any other information you know about this? I find the timing sort of odd considering they're playing Maryland, not exactly a big game. I figured they'd save something like this for Clemson or even Miami.

Apparently, these will be worn against Virginia Tech, or on their Thursday night game.

Apparently, these will be worn against Virginia Tech, or on their Thursday night game.

Source?

Any more pictures?

Go to uniwatch, and look under the unitracker.

I think the helmet is gold, but with a thick navy stripe down the middle, kind of like the Ohio State and Georgia pro combat helmets.

?? That's definitely not a gold helmet.

It's a joke. He's joking that the helmet stripe covers the entire helmet. It's a crack at the current trend of huge helmet stripes for pro combats. Basically, he made a funny.

So for a team that refuses to wear dark colored jerseys at home is doing a "blackout?" Well I have to see it to believe it.

I talked to some season ticket holders, and if there is going to be a blackout, nobody's been told of it yet, or only the team is participating. GTech fans don't want to be anything like uga, so there will be hell raised among the fans if Tech announces a "black-out"

For the VT game in November, I heard GTech was doing a whiteout, with a "special" jersey according to team sources.

The white helmet from the 2006 throwback also showed up as wall decorations, along with the current gold helmet in a newly renovated team meeting room, leading many of us to believe the black/navy (?) helmet is a decoy, fan created, or some sort of prototype. It seems odd that a helmet worn once since the 1970s would suddenly show up again as decorations.

georgia-institute-of-technology-zelnak-football-team-room-gt-x-x-00679xlg.jpg

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived