College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

So because one piece of their away uniform doesn't have one of the school colors on it, they should just get rid of the school color that composes 50% of their away uniform?

That may be the worst logic ever used on this board.

So you don't agree that a good uniform should have every color represented on it in each and every piece of the uniform? That's my opinion. I never said it was logical or not, and I never said it had to be the standard. But to me it would be crucial for every school to have a 3 piece uniform set in which every piece has school colors. Something my own school doesn't even do.

So you hate basically everything Oregon has worn recently? And your solution to that issue with USC's set is to completely get rid of a school color on another article (replacing it with a non-school color I might add)? Could you make any less sense?

I'm not sure where you are seeing that I said they should remove a school color. I'm simply saying that USC should add at least a yellow outline to the numbers on the away jerseys. Is this really that big of a deal? It's a freaking outline people. USC hasn't even been wearing the recent crescent jerseys for over 25 years, so why is everyone acting like they are untouchable?

Probably because it looks damned good. And, while they haven't been wearing these particular jerseys that long, it's been a long time (if ever) that the road jerseys have had an outline. Heck, my man R Jay Soward didn't have an outline (thus making me the first person in the history of fanhood to say "my man R Jay Soward")

They look good, no one is saying they don't, but the lack of yellow on the away makes it look out of place with the helmet and the pants IMO. I don't care who or who didn't have an outline on their jersey, I'm simply suggesting the CURRENT team gets a yellow outline on their uniforms. I'm not asking them to add black and completely rebrand, a simple yellow outline.

I understand exactly what you're saying. You said that which I bolded, and I'm pointing out that, while the current set isn't that old, the lack out an outline IS that old.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Kansas' new TechFit uniforms. The KANSAS appears larger and they've also gone away from the bolded trajan font to the thinner font like the other athletic teams.

*picture removed*

Why is a football player modeling the new volleyball jersey?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I had a twitter update from Hawaii quarterback Cayman Shutter, and I noticed in his pic he was wearing a white helmet.

CAY.png

Anybody know if they are gonna see game time?

Damn I hope so. Those look good! Maybe they'll have a home and away scheme (black home, white away)?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They look good, no one is saying they don't, but the lack of yellow on the away makes it look out of place with the helmet and the pants IMO. I don't care who or who didn't have an outline on their jersey, I'm simply suggesting the CURRENT team gets a yellow outline on their uniforms. I'm not asking them to add black and completely rebrand, a simple yellow outline.

An Oregon fan criticizing another team for not having sufficient team colors on their jerseys. :rolleyes:

I had a twitter update from Hawaii quarterback Cayman Shutter, and I noticed in his pic he was wearing a white helmet.

CAY.png

Anybody know if they are gonna see game time?

Damn I hope so. Those look good! Maybe they'll have a home and away scheme (black home, white away)?

Hawaii had white practice helmets under June Jones. And normally they'd have rather strange logos on them, always looked like they pretty much just let the players put whatever they wanted on their helmet. So if I had to guess, I would say that these white helmets are just for practice only.

FSU2.gif

Would pads even fit under that Kansas jersey? I absolutely hate this new fit of jersey. Honestly I think this trend all started with NFL linemen cutting their sleeves.

The material is really stretchy, although that jersey does look tight on the player as is, I can't imagine how tight it would feel with pads under it.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

So because one piece of their away uniform doesn't have one of the school colors on it, they should just get rid of the school color that composes 50% of their away uniform?

So you don't agree that a good uniform should have every color represented on it in each and every piece of the uniform? That's my opinion. I never said it was logical or not, and I never said it had to be the standard. But to me it would be crucial for every school to have a 3 piece uniform set in which every piece has school colors. Something my own school doesn't even do.

So you hate basically everything Oregon has worn recently? And your solution to that issue with USC's set is to completely get rid of a school color on another article (replacing it with a non-school color I might add)? Could you make any less sense?

I'm not sure where you are seeing that I said they should remove a school color. I'm simply saying that USC should add at least a yellow outline to the numbers on the away jerseys. Is this really that big of a deal? It's a freaking outline people. USC hasn't even been wearing the recent crescent jerseys for over 25 years, so why is everyone acting like they are untouchable?

Probably because it looks damned good. And, while they haven't been wearing these particular jerseys that long, it's been a long time (if ever) that the road jerseys have had an outline. Heck, my man R Jay Soward didn't have an outline (thus making me the first person in the history of fanhood to say "my man R Jay Soward")

Again, I wouldn't be opposed to that, but their road uniform already has plenty of both school colors (unlike so many) and adding an outline to the numbers would mean using a different template than their home uniform which is unneccesary (esp. if the only goal is to add more of a school color since they already use a ton).

Do you know what you are saying when you type or do you just worry about it later? A yellow outline would be fine with me, but that isn't what we were talking about. We were talking about removing all the yellow from their pants and adding white.

You said "I won't deny that USC would devoid their away set of gold, however I feel like those white pants match their away jersey more. Yes it cuts out gold but I think that's a main reason why USC needs to get new uniforms. They need to add more white to their home uniforms and more yellow to their away."

White isn't one of USC's colors. And how would taking almost all of the yellow out of their road uniforms (by going to white pants) help to "add...more yellow to their away"?

Ah you're right, my bad. I forgot you and I were discussing the white pants. I had shifted gears to the yellow outline with other people.

White pants would in fact remove yellow from their away uniforms, but that is what their away jersey does, so why not use the pants to match? That's my argument there. If they don't want yellow on the away, then use the white pants, no problem.

If they want to add more yellow, they should add a yellow outline to the away uniform. It's simple.

I think the fact that they were yellow pants on the away shows they want to use yellow on the away.

An Oregon fan criticizing another team for not having sufficient team colors on their jerseys. :rolleyes:

These comments destroyed the last thread, can't you refrain yourself in ONE thread across the freaking internet not to try and attack Oregon's uniforms? Jesus.

Again, I wouldn't be opposed to that, but their road uniform already has plenty of both school colors (unlike so many) and adding an outline to the numbers would mean using a different template than their home uniform which is unneccesary (esp. if the only goal is to add more of a school color since they already use a ton).

Eh, I'm not sure a number outline would be a totally different template. I think Michigan does this well though and has done it well to get yellow onto their away uniform (until Adidas took over, screw the tentacles)

I think the fact that they were yellow pants on the away shows they want to use yellow on the away.

I have been examining USC as 3 different uniforms. Yes, as the whole set there is obviously plenty of yellow.

These comments destroyed the last thread, can't you refrain yourself in ONE thread across the freaking internet not to try and attack Oregon's uniforms? Jesus.

Exactly what I was thinking. Kevin ruined the last one, and he will ruin this one. Can't go one post without ripping Oregon or Arizona State, or talking about Arizona even if those 3 teams have nothing to do with the conversation.

So do they explain the "inspiration" for the design in the center stripe?

stained glass windows

Do the numbers have the stained glass effect too?

They do IIRC.

The BC basketball uniforms had the stained glass pattern on the numbers, but not on the football uniforms.

ku_fbc_media_opurum_1_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Nice update for Kansas basketball...I mean...

My thoughts exactly. At first glance it looks like the player is wearing a basketball uniform. The adidas techfit template is an all around awful look.

Good God, that looks beyond stupid.

How can you say that? When the football world has seen uniforms like these:

fiesta05.jpg

doug-flutie-HK.jpg

Jim-Brown.jpg

Those are awesome compared to these ridiculous excuses for jerseys..

Archived