College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could really get behind the new Oregon set if they go with this helmet:

BarnerkickreturnvsOSU09_display_image.jpg?1283190919

and some yellow pants.

As much as I love all of our different unis I would not be mad if Oregon used that jersey made an away version, kept the green and white helmet, added that yellow helmet, and had green and yellow pants to go with those whites the would have a great looking uni. Even if the jerseys had the wings in yellow for home and green on the away it would look great. Like I said I love all the unis and combos we have now I would just like it if they stuck to that yellow.

I could really get behind the new Oregon set if they go with this helmet:

BarnerkickreturnvsOSU09_display_image.jpg?1283190919

and some yellow pants.

As much as I love all of our different unis I would not be mad if Oregon used that jersey made an away version, kept the green and white helmet, added that yellow helmet, and had green and yellow pants to go with those whites the would have a great looking uni. Even if the jerseys had the wings in yellow for home and green on the away it would look great. Like I said I love all the unis and combos we have now I would just like it if they stuck to that yellow.

But Volt IS yellow... right?

... right? :blink:

So for a team that refuses to wear dark colored jerseys at home is doing a "blackout?" Well I have to see it to believe it.

I talked to some season ticket holders, and if there is going to be a blackout, nobody's been told of it yet, or only the team is participating. GTech fans don't want to be anything like uga, so there will be hell raised among the fans if Tech announces a "black-out"

For the VT game in November, I heard GTech was doing a whiteout, with a "special" jersey according to team sources.

The white helmet from the 2006 throwback also showed up as wall decorations, along with the current gold helmet in a newly renovated team meeting room, leading many of us to believe the black/navy (?) helmet is a decoy, fan created, or some sort of prototype. It seems odd that a helmet worn once since the 1970s would suddenly show up again as decorations.

georgia-institute-of-technology-zelnak-football-team-room-gt-x-x-00679xlg.jpg

That's a nice looking meeting room.

I'm kind of excited to see this apparent Oregon alternate in action, I believe it's a step in the right direction for the Ducks. I like that kelly-ish green and yellow together, such a fantastic color scheme. And I can get behind Puddles on the shoulders, it's as close to the '94 set (one of my all-time favorite sets) as they'll probably ever let themselves get. I hope we're also looking at a yellow helmet and yellow pants here, as I think that would pretty much perfect it (I've been waiting for a yellow-green-yellow combo). Or at the very least, yellow-green-green.

In their first home game since the black uniform debacle, Ohio University returned to their regular uniforms. I bet we don't see those black unis again until the last game of the season at home against Miami or possibly in the bowl game.

Photo gallery can be found here

Ohio Alumni and Season Ticket holder here, at the game against Kent on Saturday there was promotion of a black out for the Temple game on November 2nd. In other words, I'd hold off on your bet, you'll see them before the end of the year.

DP, but in other news:

6208810418_cc2dbe0df7_b.jpg

Whats the deal on this? Is that black?

Yes. GT is apparently going blackout for their next game.

Any other sources, images, etc? Where did you hear about this?

I got it from Uniwatch. My sources on the Oregon stuff is because some of the professors, including one whose also involved in the Athletic Department, who occasional tell me these thing.

I'm just interested in the GT news. Very interesting if true. Could you link me to the source? I went the Uni-watch blog, but didn't see anything in the recent posts. Any other information you know about this? I find the timing sort of odd considering they're playing Maryland, not exactly a big game. I figured they'd save something like this for Clemson or even Miami.

Unlikely. That game's in Miami Gardens, if I'm not mistaken (and, hey, sorry if I'm rehashing something...I'm catching up).

Aa27PqKCEAA5YHA_jpg_large_medium.jpg

Don't know why Oregon is wearing this tomorrow... or why they're calling themselves the Fighting Ducks...

Well I don't KNOW why they are wearing these jerseys, or where the new "Puddles" (argh) logo originated from my best guess is that they are sort of an Oregon version of the Cavs Fanatic jerseys, or the Blazers "Rip City" jerseys. Not really a throwback, not really and alternate, just something for the fans. These focus on our beloved mascot, The Duck/Puddles/Donald . . . He has kinda become a local celebrity in his own right since the team started winning. He's had two ESPN commercials, was featured in the I Love My Ducks videos (against the rules, adding to his "street cred"), got suspended for beating up the Houston Cougar (#streetcred), and had numerous tv spots based on the amount of pushups he has had to do because Oregon scores so much.

Mascot Challenge Spot

I Love My Ducks by Supwitchugirl

Now he's got fresh new unis in his honor. The logo is obiviously The Duck. The number on the collar represents the number of pushups he did last year. And while I'm not sure exactly where the "Fighting Ducks" comes from (nice Blount photo though, I lol'd) I did used to own a t-shirt with this logo in the middle:

duckslogo.jpeg

It had the words "Fighting" and "Ducks" above and below the logo. Can't find a picture or the shirt, it was kinda old. Maybe that used to be a thing . . . . ? Also, in the Oregon fight song, during the bridge in the middle the fans yell "Go, Ducks, Go! Fight, Ducks, Fight! Win, Ducks, Win!" So there, another fighting reference.

Anywho, I guess Thursday's unis will be an ode to Donald/Puddles/The Duck. And another money making opportunity for Nike.

Lastly I agree with the poster who is hoping for these helmets:

resized_091203ducks_cw.jpg

Me too!

Aa27PqKCEAA5YHA_jpg_large_medium.jpg

Don't know why Oregon is wearing this tomorrow... or why they're calling themselves the Fighting Ducks...

Well I don't KNOW why they are wearing these jerseys, or where the new "Puddles" (argh) logo originated from my best guess is that they are sort of an Oregon version of the Cavs Fanatic jerseys, or the Blazers "Rip City" jerseys. Not really a throwback, not really and alternate, just something for the fans. These focus on our beloved mascot, The Duck/Puddles/Donald . . . He has kinda become a local celebrity in his own right since the team started winning. He's had two ESPN commercials, was featured in the I Love My Ducks videos (against the rules, adding to his "street cred"), got suspended for beating up the Houston Cougar (#streetcred), and had numerous tv spots based on the amount of pushups he has had to do because Oregon scores so much.

Mascot Challenge Spot

I Love My Ducks by Supwitchugirl

Now he's got fresh new unis in his honor. The logo is obiviously The Duck. The number on the collar represents the number of pushups he did last year. And while I'm not sure exactly where the "Fighting Ducks" comes from (nice Blount photo though, I lol'd) I did used to own a t-shirt with this logo in the middle:

duckslogo.jpeg

It had the words "Fighting" and "Ducks" above and below the logo. Can't find a picture or the shirt, it was kinda old. Maybe that used to be a thing . . . . ? Also, in the Oregon fight song, during the bridge in the middle the fans yell "Go, Ducks, Go! Fight, Ducks, Fight! Win, Ducks, Win!" So there, another fighting reference.

Anywho, I guess Thursday's unis will be an ode to Donald/Puddles/The Duck. And another money making opportunity for Nike.

Lastly I agree with the poster who is hoping for these helmets:

resized_091203ducks_cw.jpg

Me too!

Wow, I just watched all the videos, our mascot is a badass! Unrelated, but after watching all the Capital One videos, we probably have the 2nd best Capital One mascot video (behind Wilbur, ahead of Aubie).

With the uniforms, I really hope Puddles is on the helmet. I love our O, but as a one time thing, that would be great.

Archived