College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon usually does such a good job making their mix and match uni's look elegantly thought-out...but these look slapdash and thoughtless...which is made worse because I saw SUCH potential after the shirt reveal....oh well...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Don't know why Oregon is wearing this tomorrow... or why they're calling themselves the Fighting Ducks...

blount-punch.jpg

Good point.

I literally laughed out loud.

POTD consideration for tj4eck? Can you win that by only posting a picture?

Post of the Year

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Oregon usually does such a good job making their mix and match uni's look elegantly thought-out...but these look slapdash and thoughtless...which is made worse because I saw SUCH potential after the shirt reveal....oh well...

there have been a few train wrecks...remember white helmet/green jersey/gray pants from last season?..that sucked.

there have been a few train wrecks...remember white helmet/green jersey/gray pants from last season?..that sucked.

Wasnt that 2 years ago?...against Utah...? haha

?

If I had control of all of the combinations that UO uses I could come up with some horrifying-looking uni's...yet, how many a season really look atrocious (all history/tradition/yadda issues aside)? Not many, IMO. Just think of all the mix and match teams that cant seem to resist putting together some awful combos. I think I'm justified saying that UO's equipment people put some good thought into their mixes.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Don't know why Oregon is wearing this tomorrow... or why they're calling themselves the Fighting Ducks...

blount-punch.jpg

Good point.

I literally laughed out loud.

POTD consideration for tj4eck? Can you win that by only posting a picture?

Post of the Year

Aww Schucks...bonus points for it coming from a Ducks fan.

Haha

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

For once in my life I hate what we are wearing.

you get to wear the uniform too?

Really? Gonna pick that out of all posts to troll the whole "we" thing. Jesus

I'm taking a stand against the ridiculousness that has become of the "we" in sports when it comes to describing anything related to on field activity

Wasnt that 2 years ago?...against Utah...? haha

?

If I had control of all of the combinations that UO uses I could come up with some horrifying-looking uni's...yet, how many a season really look atrocious (all history/tradition/yadda issues aside)? Not many, IMO. Just think of all the mix and match teams that cant seem to resist putting together some awful combos. I think I'm justified saying that UO's equipment people put some good thought into their mixes.

I agree...what sucks about these last 2 seasons is that there has been too much variety...if they have to do non school colored alternate gear then pick a theme for a season so there's some continuity over a season...for instance mix in carbon one season then black another so the week to week change is not as drastic as it has been.

as much as I hated the diamond plate set they emphasized the green helmet and would typically go green over black or black over green at home...since those 2 toned jerseys blended a bit more the weekly changes were not as visually drastic and gave them more of an identity imo.

Definitely a missed opportunity for Oregon with a national audience watching. That being said though, that hideous uniform does look slightly better on the field versus the Nike photo ad.

They are on national TV almost every week...

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Archived