College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Texas v Oklahoma today ..... to me this look for both never gets old & tired ....

5604844.jpg

To each their own, but I refuse to watch the red river rivalry because the uniforms bore me to death. The Miami hurricanes are starting to get boring, all-white on the road for the whole season is already old. They need to be wearing orange pants on the road. Then again, based on the coach, it will always be boring because Al Golden just looks like a boring individual.

ASU looks good today, but I believe they need to make a change to the pants. Place the pitchfork on the both sides of the pants and have it go all the way down the leg. It would add so much to their boring pant design.

How can it be getting old? Isn't this the first time they've done it this year?

Exactly!

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can it be getting old? Isn't this the first time they've (Miami-FL) done it this year?

Exactly!

>>>>>>>>>>

I don't like the 'Canes in all-white either

Thought it was better when they changed it up between the orange and pine green pants for road games .....

Don't know what some of you are talking about with ASU. Doesn't look like them w/o maroon pants.

Okie State looks pretty good today.

Mayland looks terrible.

Kentcuky's uniforms look great.

Holy cow, they actually look like Arizona State this week. Not bad. This is pretty much what they should wear on the road (maroon pants would be good, too).

>>>>

I don't know how you can say that without the maroon pants .... the maroons are necessary, not just 'good' if they were to wear 'em

az_state_11.jpg

Agree with 'winghaz' ..... Sparky is a must .... get rid of the ASU on the sleeves, and put Sparky there. It would totally compliment the new fork logo on the helmet, similar to how the eagle on Philly's jersey sleeves compliment the Eagles winged helmet.

I went to the Rose Bowl game when the Sun Devils played in the sunshine when they had Jake the Snake at QB ..... those uniforms were glowing that day.

512a.jpg

It's not like it hasn't been done before. I like the yellow-white-yellow look. I like the maroon pants too, so what I was saying was I'm cool with either option.

And I've long been a campaigner for Sparky's return. I've stated a few times that I'd prefer him over the pitchfork, and that the Terrell Suggs-era uniforms are my favorite in school history. We're really pretty much on the same page here, other than the fact that I think the yellow pants look fine on the road.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

>>>

My apologies ... I don't remember seeing AZ State in that look before with Sparky on the helmet.

The maroon pants still look more AZ State tho' ....

Speaking of Miami ... their game at VA Tech is a humdinger!!

Holy cow, they actually look like Arizona State this week. Not bad. This is pretty much what they should wear on the road (maroon pants would be good, too).

>>>>

I don't know how you can say that without the maroon pants .... the maroons are necessary, not just 'good' if they were to wear 'em

az_state_11.jpg

Agree with 'winghaz' ..... Sparky is a must .... get rid of the ASU on the sleeves, and put Sparky there. It would totally compliment the new fork logo on the helmet, similar to how the eagle on Philly's jersey sleeves compliment the Eagles winged helmet.

I went to the Rose Bowl game when the Sun Devils played in the sunshine when they had Jake the Snake at QB ..... those uniforms were glowing that day.

512a.jpg

It's not like it hasn't been done before. I like the yellow-white-yellow look. I like the maroon pants too, so what I was saying was I'm cool with either option.

And I've long been a campaigner for Sparky's return. I've stated a few times that I'd prefer him over the pitchfork, and that the Terrell Suggs-era uniforms are my favorite in school history. We're really pretty much on the same page here, other than the fact that I think the yellow pants look fine on the road.

It may be hard to bring Sparky back considering this was a complete school overhaul of the logo. I really don't see the school changing back to the old style anytime soon. However, if you mean only as a secondary logo, then I can see that happening. I love the pitchfork logo, especially on the football field.

spacer.png

It may be hard to bring Sparky back considering this was a complete school overhaul of the logo. I really don't see the school changing back to the old style anytime soon. However, if you mean only as a secondary logo, then I can see that happening. I love the pitchfork logo, especially on the football field.

>>>

That's exactly what I meant and stated prior ... use it as a secondary on the sleeves ...

Just like what the Philadelphia Eagles do with their Eagle ... the logos then compliment one another... works with Philly

>>>

That's exactly what I meant and stated prior ... use it as a secondary on the sleeves ...

Just like what the Philadelphia Eagles do with their Eagle ... the logos then compliment one another... works with Philly

Sorry, I missed where you said that. But yeah, that logo would look excellent on the sleeves, heck nothing is better than ASU.

spacer.png

Here's another pic of Oklahoma State's uniforms today.

phpHgPds5OSUvsKansas.jpg

This clearly shows one of the oddest things out there, IMO: knee pads that are above the players' knees.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here's another pic of Oklahoma State's uniforms today.

phpHgPds5OSUvsKansas.jpg

This clearly shows one of the oddest things out there, IMO: knee pads that are above the players' knees.

Actually, I've gotten clocked right above the knee before, and it hurt for weeks. That bony area where the thigh meets the knee is very sensitive, and it's definitely worth protecting. In my experience that injury lingered much longer than getting knocked right on the patella.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I dont have any photos to support this, but did anyone notice that about half of Michigan's defense was wearing the OLD uniforms from last season? Late in the game, Shoelace's jersey got halfway ripped off and then he had to put on an old one from last season too. I can understand Shoelace's debacle, but WHY DID HALF THE DEFENSE HAVE ON OLD UNIFORMS?!?!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

@andycumbee19

Yeah, that bothered the heck out of me! I do know one thing...those Tech Fit jerseys have been causing a lot of functional problems this year.

I can't think of another time in the last ten years (I honestly cannot think of a time ever) where a team wore two different types of jerseys since VaTech had to borrow from GaTech's locker room

1970496846_d331a5c0d4_o.jpg

Illinois wore orange pants with white jerseys against Indiana today. Greatly improves their look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

@andycumbee19

Yeah, that bothered the heck out of me! I do know one thing...those Tech Fit jerseys have been causing a lot of functional problems this year.

I can't think of another time in the last ten years (I honestly cannot think of a time ever) where a team wore two different types of jerseys since VaTech had to borrow from GaTech's locker room

What's the story behind that?

@andycumbee19

What's the story behind that?

Several jerseys were either stolen from Tech's locker room or were left in Blacksburg while they were playing at Georgia Tech. I can't remember the other players or numbers but there were a handful. The ones they wore were the game jerseys from the previous year that they were using for practice in the current year. I like the blacked out Russell logo and backward Nike logo...

Archived