College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

ku_fbc_media_opurum_1_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Nice update for Kansas basketball...I mean...

My thoughts exactly. At first glance it looks like the player is wearing a basketball uniform. The adidas techfit template is an all around awful look.

Good God, that looks beyond stupid.

How can you say that? When the football world has seen uniforms like these:

fiesta05.jpg

doug-flutie-HK.jpg

Jim-Brown.jpg

Those are awesome compared to these ridiculous excuses for jerseys..

Umm... what's your problem with Jim Brown's jersey exactly?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing those old Jim Brown era long sleeve unis makes me wonder why the Nike's and Under Armours of the world haven't made uniform designs with LONG sleeves as opposed to going ultra short. I can imagine that the long sleeves would be much more of a tighter fit then those from Brown's era. It would allow for the new built in padding technology that you see players wearing these days. Not to mention the fact that many players already wear long sleeved tight fit gear under their jerseys. I guess some lineman might have a problem with it but It just seems so ridiculous to see jersey sleeves completely disappear. I mean c'mon, this is football not basketball, right?

Football jerseys look bad with long sleeves...they only go 3/4 the way down the arm. It just doesn't look good, there's a reason they don't wear those anymore...

Those [Kansas jerseys] are awesome compared to these ridiculous excuses for jerseys..

Jim-Brown.jpg

Trollin' hard.

I think he's either saying that the long sleeves are ridiculous (which with today's technology I agree) or that they are way too simple and look horrible (which I disagree)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Football jerseys look bad with long sleeves...they only go 3/4 the way down the arm. It just doesn't look good, there's a reason they don't wear those anymore...

It wasn't because they didn't look good. It was because they were inefficient.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

please elaborate on the so called "efficiency" of short vs. long sleeves. I find this to be irrelevant with today's tight fitting undergarments that are being used these days. There has got to be a way to combine the two to make it work.

ku_fbc_media_opurum_1_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Nice update for Kansas basketball...I mean...

My thoughts exactly. At first glance it looks like the player is wearing a basketball uniform. The adidas techfit template is an all around awful look.

Good God, that looks beyond stupid.

How can you say that? When the football world has seen uniforms like these:

fiesta05.jpg

doug-flutie-HK.jpg

Jim-Brown.jpg

Those are awesome compared to these ridiculous excuses for jerseys..

So, since there have been bad football jersey templates in the past there is no way people can criticize the techfit template for being bad? :rolleyes:

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

This all goes back to what the players want. It's a new generation that a lot of you are having a hard time adjusting to, because it's not what you grew up watching or are used to. If the players want to wear tight jerseys who cares? no one tells you guys what to wear do they?

please elaborate on the so called "efficiency" of short vs. long sleeves. I find this to be irrelevant with today's tight fitting undergarments that are being used these days. There has got to be a way to combine the two to make it work.

For one, they're much lighter. Two, it's one less thing to latch on too when a player is trying to tackle them. And three, it gives the players much more arm mobility because you don't have this huge sleeve in the way. PLus, they were unnecessary. Give me one advantage that the player had with the large sleeves (besides "they looked good" or "it's tradition").

For one, they're much lighter. Two, it's one less thing to latch on too when a player is trying to tackle them. And three, it gives the players much more arm mobility because you don't have this huge sleeve in the way. PLus, they were unnecessary. Give me one advantage that the player had with the large sleeves (besides "they looked good" or "it's tradition").

Maybe I wasn't clearer, I'm not necessarily advocating the loose 3/4 sleeves of the past...I'm talking about a tighter fit longer sleeve jersey; something that would combine the past and the present.

here's why:

1. it keeps the body's muscles warmer, which always helps to avoid injury (especially in the cold weather) and helps avoid the sting of a tackle on bare skin.

2. its much easier to grab a player by his shoulder pads around his shoulder area if the sleeves are very short. When they are long you cannot access that area. Grabbing someone by the shoulder pads and pushing them up and backwards is vastly different then grabbing players by their wrists.

3. it helps players catch a football better because the football is less likely to slip away like it does on sweaty skin. This might be why you see so many receivers wearing long tech fit under garments during a game.

there are probably a bunch more, but this is what I can come up with for now.

Maybe I wasn't clearer, I'm not necessarily advocating the loose 3/4 sleeves of the past...I'm talking about a tighter fit longer sleeve jersey; something that would combine the past and the present.

here's why:

1. it keeps the body's muscles warmer, which always helps to avoid injury (especially in the cold weather) and helps avoid the sting of a tackle on bare skin.

2. its much easier to grab a player by his shoulder pads around his shoulder area if the sleeves are very short. When they are long you cannot access that area. Grabbing someone by the shoulder pads and pushing them up and backwards is vastly different then grabbing players by their wrists.

3. it helps players catch a football better because the football is less likely to slip away like it does on sweaty skin. This might be why you see so many receivers wearing long tech fit under garments during a game.

1 and 3 can be addressed by under armor like layer underneath (which a lot of players do). Number 2 just doesn't make sense. The old jerseys are bulky and not needed.

here's why:

1 and 3 can be addressed by under armor like layer underneath (which a lot of players do). Number 2 just doesn't make sense. The old jerseys are bulky and not needed.

I take it you've never played a down of football in your life.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

According to the USM bloggers, the new helmets will look something like this

O267425.png

I highly doubt these are what they're going to look like, but there are a whole lot of people believing these.

According to the USM bloggers, the new helmets will look something like this

O267425.png

I highly doubt these are what they're going to look like, but there are a whole lot of people believing these.

i think it would be one or the other hopefully not on one helmet

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

I think the fact that jersey doesn't even cover soemone's shoulder blade is ridiculous. And the only ugly jersey in that set is the Kansas jersey because of how thin those numbers are. Granted they may be easier to read for some people.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the fact that jersey doesn't even cover soemone's shoulder blade is ridiculous.

It does. Didn't you guys see the TechFit jerseys worn last year? They're extremely stretchy and when worn over the pads, they cover much more than they do when worn alone.

techfit_jerseys_tennessee_low-300x450.jpg

I know we're dredging up this same old argument for the 100th time, but I just can't let it pass. IMHO, the ultra-tight fitting jerseys today's players favor has about 5 to 10% to do with "on-field performance" and 90 to 95% to do with "Damn, check out my tats and huge arms!"

When I was a kid in the 70's Archie Grffin took the field for Ohio State in what they called at the time a "tear-away jersey". It was a flimsy piece of barely-there fabric that was designed to basically desentagrate when a defensive player touched it. It was so thin it looked pink. He went thru about a dozen each game. Now, of course, its been outlawed and no player would be caught dead in it. Why? Not because of on-field performance. It did what it was designed to do brilliantly. But it looked like crap, it was impossible to have any real graphics or design on it and players decided they didn't want to look like that anymore.

When I was in college during the 80's, players all wore those wide meshed, short, belly-baring jerseys. You could see the make of the shoulder pads, and every receiver's navel was on display. They wore them, supposedly, to stay cool... lots of breeze on all that exposed skin. But, really, it was just the style then Now, once again, no player would be seen looking like Britney Spears with his tummy hanging out. Why? Not because of on-field performance. It did what it was designed to do, kept the players from over-heating. But the players decided, rightfully, they looked like idiots.

Now we have these super tight scuba suits. And once again, everyone claims its all about "performance". Nonsense. One day, the players will look in the mirror and realize they look like rejects from the Jersey Shore, and we can all say bye bye to this look, too.

I know we're dredging up this same old argument for the 100th time, but I just can't let it pass. IMHO, the ultra-tight fitting jerseys today's players favor has about 5 to 10% to do with "on-field performance" and 90 to 95% to do with "Damn, check out my tats and huge arms!"

When I was a kid in the 70's Archie Grffin took the field for Ohio State in what they called at the time a "tear-away jersey". It was a flimsy piece of barely-there fabric that was designed to basically desentagrate when a defensive player touched it. It was so thin it looked pink. He went thru about a dozen each game. Now, of course, its been outlawed and no player would be caught dead in it. Why? Not because of on-field performance. It did what it was designed to do brilliantly. But it looked like crap, it was impossible to have any real graphics or design on it and players decided they didn't want to look like that anymore.

When I was in college during the 80's, players all wore those wide meshed, short, belly-baring jerseys. You could see the make of the shoulder pads, and every receiver's navel was on display. They wore them, supposedly, to stay cool... lots of breeze on all that exposed skin. But, really, it was just the style then Now, once again, no player would be seen looking like Britney Spears with his tummy hanging out. Why? Not because of on-field performance. It did what it was designed to do, kept the players from over-heating. But the players decided, rightfully, they looked like idiots.

Now we have these super tight scuba suits. And once again, everyone claims its all about "performance". Nonsense. One day, the players will look in the mirror and realize they look like rejects from the Jersey Shore, and we can all say bye bye to this look, too.

And in another 20 years, I guarantee you'll be saying "The players should just go back to the super tight fit jerseys. Today's jerseys look ridiculous."

And in another 20 years, I guarantee you'll be saying "The players should just go back to the super tight fit jerseys. Today's jerseys look ridiculous."

Yeah, but you also recently guaranteed that soon Nike would own every team in the NCAA, and dress them all in black, so your guarantees are pretty much worthless.

Archived