College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

id like to see something in between. i dont think it looks that great looping around the shoulder. at least on modern jerseys. IMO those stripes need some sort of end point, but also need to be longer.

Dwight Freeney has the right idea.

Freeney1-266x300.jpg

yea thats pretty close. *salute!*

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UofH has a bye week this weekend, but will wear these throwbacks (late 60's, early 70's) for next weekend's home game:

throwback.jpg

UH athletics currently sports a "fatter" version of the UH logo (below). They adopted this look about 15 years ago, but only for athletics. The school's academic side and campus imagery have continued to use the "skinny" UH logo. UH has decided to unify the two looks and will go with a slightly modified "skinny UH" logo as the look for both academics and athletics. Look for the switch in athletics to occur after the new year, but not for basketball, meaning the look will basically be unveiled by the spring sports teams (baseball, softball, track, etc..) with new football and basketball gear to be unveiled over the summer.

I'm a lifelong Houstonian, though admittedly not much of a UH fan, and the "skinny UH" is "UH" to me and, I think, most of Houston. I think it will be a welcomed change for the Coogs.

current:

123490361.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F2C43FD442E759D737B5BB3CD338FFC3BA54D3DC8093D1638

I grew up a Texas fan, but then went to TCU. I used to travel to all conference football and bball games and saw Houston quite a bit during that stretch. The fatter UH logo already made me forget about this skinny one. Not sure it is an improvement.

Think these new uniforms look good other than having the modern secondary logo on the hip. Also, I wish the lettering were radially arched, but I'm not sure if the old ones were or not.

The fatter UH looked way too much like Kentucky's UK (probably because it's the exact same execution, with different letters). I don't know who stole what, but with Kentucky being the higher profile school, it seems like UH was always riding Kentucky's tails.

The skinny UH is far better, and brings back memories of when the Cougs were hanging 90 points on SMU.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UH needs to go with those uniforms but have the modern logo on the helmet. It'd be at least 20% cooler than their generic template crap they have now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

UH needs to go with those uniforms but have the modern logo on the helmet. It'd be at least 20% cooler than their generic template crap they have now.

th_Whatpony.png

Wow...I cant get away from derailing this thread lately...

So I'll say I dig the skinny UH. Success.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Man, that Houston throwback would make a sweet full time set. How many other arched chest wordmarks are there? I feel like that's a very ownable look for UH. Not to mention it looks damn good. So much better than their Nike Team online order set. That retro helmet is great, too, but regardless, that jersey is enough to sell me right now.

From the Ducks' official Facebook page:

For those of you asking, the color for Saturday's game vs. Arizona State is BLACK. GO DUCKS!

The one instance where I'm not rooting for a blackout vs whiteout game...

Heck yeah, the Ninja Ducks are back. That is my favorite set that they have. Looking forward to it.

spacer.png

From the Ducks' official Facebook page:

For those of you asking, the color for Saturday's game vs. Arizona State is BLACK. GO DUCKS!

The one instance where I'm not rooting for a blackout vs whiteout game...

Heck yeah, the Ninja Ducks are back. That is my favorite set that they have. Looking forward to it.

I highly doubt it. Oregon tends to have a knack for telling fans to wear colors that they don't go monochrome in. If i had to take a guess, I would say Green, Black, Green,; Green, Black, Black,; or Black, Green, Green.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Each game has a different color for fans to wear this year. It's printed on the tickets and can be found on the athletic site too. Apparently the fans are supposed to wear black. As usual the uniforms will be a game time decision made by the team captains. The Missouri State game was supposed to be a 'blackout' game and the Ducks wore green.

Sorta off-topic, but how'd this thread go from 240 pages to 120?

There was an earlier NCAA football uniform thread that got derailed by the Great BFBS War. This thread was started up to avoid all of that.

There was an earlier NCAA football uniform thread that got derailed by the Great BFBS War. This thread was started up to avoid all of that.

It could've just been me, but I thought yesterday this physical thread said it was on page 239...

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

y

It could've just been me, but I thought yesterday this physical thread said it was on page 239...

It went from 10 posts a page back to 20.

It went from 10 posts a page back to 20.

Ok thanks, that's what I thought it could be.

To get back on topic, I can't say I'm a fan of how the USC/Cal game looks. Cal is in navy/gold/navy and IMO their jersey clashes with USC's gold pants.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived