College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

this is just the start of things you :censored: ass, lets not kill this thread though k?

Oooooh, good one. I almost actually responded to that. Much better than just crossing out a sig. Using what people know me and Kevin for and telling me not to do it even though you did it yourself. A not so savvy internet goer would fall for that. But I've seen this stuff before. You honestly picked probably the worst person to troll on this board. Your supposed to make people mad, not make them laugh at you.

this is gonna get intresting

Actually, it probably isn't. Nothing to do with Spleen ever really is.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is just the start of things you :censored: ass, lets not kill this thread though k?

Oooooh, good one. I almost actually responded to that. Much better than just crossing out a sig. Using what people know me and Kevin for and telling me not to do it even though you did it yourself. A not so savvy internet goer would fall for that. But I've seen this stuff before. You honestly picked probably the worst person to troll on this board. Your supposed to make people mad, not make them laugh at you.

this is gonna get intresting

Actually, it probably isn't. Nothing to do with Spleen ever really is.

See, I don't need to create a hater. I already have one.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Damnit

This thread died faster than Uga VIII

R.I.P. College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

because the other one is still and always full of bfbs

It's disappointing. People like Spleen and Kevin just can't keep things on topic.

Damnit

This thread died faster than Uga VIII

R.I.P. College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

because the other one is still and always full of bfbs

Good... Let's take this opportunity to create more tailored threads in the future--i.e., individual uniform unveilings in their own thread, etc.--and maybe we can avoid this happening all over again.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

In non Spleen related news, Stephen F. Austin got new unis

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/view.gal?id=99686

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nice to see the Southland Conference get some love. Would love for my school, Southeastern Louisiana, to get some new uniform love, but gawd, we're an Adidas school. Sigh...

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'm definitely not a fan of them losing the red from the logo or unis. I think they look too much like TCU now. The red, to me, was used just enough to pop on the unis. It gave them a unique look. Now they look pretty bland. And add onto that the fact that fellow conference member Central Arkansas is purple, black and silver so their on-field color-schemes are now very similar.

A definite downgrade for SFA in my opinion.

gYH2mW9.png

The new even more boring Penn State jerseys.

ap-201108171632595404548.jpg

whats wrong with them? its minimalism at its finest... the brand is flawless, it reflects the university and athletic department's philosophies of tradition and 'success with honor' perfectly. not to mention the fact that its instantly recognizable anywhere in the country. The trim was unnecessary - TFTS! Just because its not a new, wacked out nike design doesnt mean it isnt effective or right for the particular program. Step back and look at the intent of some of these, while they might be 'boring' to some, the look accomplishes its goal without compromising the brand

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

whats wrong with them? its minimalism at its finest... the brand is flawless, it reflects the university and athletic department's philosophies of tradition and 'success with honor' perfectly. not to mention the fact that its instantly recognizable anywhere in the country. The trim was unnecessary - TFTS! Just because its not a new, wacked out nike design doesnt mean it isnt effective or right for the particular program. Step back and look at the intent of some of these, while they might be 'boring' to some, the look accomplishes its goal without compromising the brand

as much as I like minimalism this is just too generic at least the white trim gave it some semblance of design...the all blue jersey makes the swoosh stand out even worse and makes this gamer no better than a practice jersey.

as much as I like minimalism this is just too generic at least the white trim gave it some semblance of design...the all blue jersey makes the swoosh stand out even worse and makes this gamer no better than a practice jersey.

thats the thing- the design decision was to get rid of the extraneous, unnecessary trim and get back to the roots of a classic design. PSU won a ton of games in these uniforms. addition by subtraction.

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Penn State's brand is super minimalism.

Aesthetically and conceptually separated from the brand, it's bland and boring and looks like practice uniforming.

As a designer type, I think it's far too plain. But they're not aiming to please design types.

Penn State's brand is super minimalism.

Aesthetically and conceptually separated from the brand, it's bland and boring and looks like practice uniforming.

As a designer type, I think it's far too plain. But they're not aiming to please design types.

I'm with you.

I'm not a designer by any means, but as a fan of college football, these jerseys seem WAY too plain. First thing I thought when I saw them was that they were practice jerseys, so you're not alone.

Their previous jersey was still simple enough and a classic look. These changes seem unnecessary.

I'm definitely not a fan of them losing the red from the logo or unis. I think they look too much like TCU now. The red, to me, was used just enough to pop on the unis. It gave them a unique look. Now they look pretty bland. And add onto that the fact that fellow conference member Central Arkansas is purple, black and silver so their on-field color-schemes are now very similar.

A definite downgrade for SFA in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm a Sam Houston State alum from the 90's and worked in the athletic dept, so I'm pretty familiar with SFA's looks over the years and I think these are bland and boring. I've always thought that SFA used just the right amount of red to set their look apart from other purple schools. This looks uninspired to me. I hope this doesn't last terribly long.

I've always wanted to do this - Hey colorwerx, does Penn State and Georgia Southern use the same shade of blue? I like these, but being a SoCon guy, I instantly think of Georgia Southern when I see PSU's new uniforms.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived