College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

The new even more boring Penn State jerseys.

ap-201108171632595404548.jpg

whats wrong with them? its minimalism at its finest... the brand is flawless, it reflects the university and athletic department's philosophies of tradition and 'success with honor' perfectly. not to mention the fact that its instantly recognizable anywhere in the country. The trim was unnecessary - TFTS! Just because its not a new, wacked out nike design doesnt mean it isnt effective or right for the particular program. Step back and look at the intent of some of these, while they might be 'boring' to some, the look accomplishes its goal without compromising the brand

nail on the head. like i say, the difference between simple and boring is simple is affective. i dig the unis

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ But...but...but...but they're constructed of the latest and greatest HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS! Aaaannnnddd...lest we forget, they're also something like 38.6% lighter than before, and like 66% more breathable, so players can run like 23% faster in them...they're GRRRREAT!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^ But...but...but...but they're constructed of the latest and greatest HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS! Aaaannnnddd...lest we forget, they're also something like 38.6% lighter than before, and like 66% more breathable, so players can run like 23% faster in them...they're GRRRREAT!

Actually, they aren't. That template/material was new in 2007 IIRC. Pro Combat and Speed Machine are both newer and lighter.

as much as I like minimalism this is just too generic at least the white trim gave it some semblance of design...the all blue jersey makes the swoosh stand out even worse and makes this gamer no better than a practice jersey.

thats the thing- the design decision was to get rid of the extraneous, unnecessary trim and get back to the roots of a classic design. PSU won a ton of games in these uniforms. addition by subtraction.

the problem is that you can't tell that it's psu anymore there is nothing there to distinguish it from a blank...talk about a counterfeiter's dream.

Penn State's uniforms are a timeless classic.. The longer they continue to keep striping off the jerseys and a logos off the helmet the better. They have created a completele brand unique to college football, but as well as in the pros. Whenever you see a plain blue and white jerseys you know they belong to Penn State. I'm a huge fan. Dont mess this up NIKE.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

You could get an extra 277% if they went with the red fabric.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You could get an extra 277% if they went with the red fabric.

And then they could've seen just how deep the rabbit hole goes...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Actually, they aren't. That template/material was new in 2007 IIRC. Pro Combat and Speed Machine are both newer and lighter.

does anyone know if theyll actually be using the pro combat jersey template for the game uniforms? these pictures were taken at practice... so they may be ACTUAL practice jerseys. id be surprised if theyre not using the latest and greatest templates and such, theyre one of nike's big football schools

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

does anyone know if theyll actually be using the pro combat jersey template for the game uniforms? these pictures were taken at practice... so they may be ACTUAL practice jerseys. id be surprised if theyre not using the latest and greatest templates and such, theyre one of nike's big football schools

I've always wondered why Nike doesn't just roll out the Pro Combat template to every school. I mean, in a lot of cases you're going to have a situation like the Red Wings when the Edge template was unveiled, where the schools won't even have to bother saying anything about it because the new template won't change anything about their uniforms. The Pro Combat template wouldn't change anything for Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Florida...

In non Spleen related news, Stephen F. Austin got new unis

http://sfajacks.cstv...ew.gal?id=99686

I can't believe I'm the first one to point out that their "new" uniforms are Nike's 6-year-old generic template. SFA is a little behind...

In non Spleen related news, Stephen F. Austin got new unis

http://sfajacks.cstv...ew.gal?id=99686

I can't believe I'm the first one to point out that their "new" uniforms are Nike's 6-year-old generic template. SFA is a little behind...

They're an FCS school. What do you expect?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

the Pac-12 jumps the gun and reveals Utah's new blackout uni's...9 weeks early?

Utah Blackout 2011

The topographic map really sticks out on the black...

I really like that. I think its a sharp looking jersey and I love how UA has added a unique pattern for each school. Makes it seem alot more personal to that school compaired to just some fun shapes in school colors added onto it.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The new even more boring Penn State jerseys.

ap-201108171632595404548.jpg

What's sad is I always thought what made Penn State special was because they used the white on the jersey so well. I thought the huge white collar was a clever and well thought out way of not just being plain, but being retrained, but now I know it was just a mistake, which is disappointing to hear.

Here is a video that shows how they came to the decision, sad that so little goes into these huge design choices:

Archived