College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I thought you all might find this interesting, but a former UGA volleyball player apparently tweeted about the new UGA pro combat uniforms. The tweet was taken down, but alas on the internet it lives on. She said the following:

Saw the New Uniforms Nike made for UGAs 1st game-red jersey & pants black belt silver helmet w/red stripe bada$$ gloves black/silver shoes

As a UGA alum / fan I was hoping for something different, but I guess I'll just have to wait until Saturday to see if she was being truthful (and not just joking) and to see how they look.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you all might find this interesting, but a former UGA volleyball player apparently tweeted about the new UGA pro combat uniforms. The tweet was taken down, but alas on the internet it lives on. She said the following:

Saw the New Uniforms Nike made for UGAs 1st game-red jersey & pants black belt silver helmet w/red stripe bada$$ gloves black/silver shoes

As a UGA alum / fan I was hoping for something different, but I guess I'll just have to wait until Saturday to see if she was being truthful (and not just joking) and to see how they look.

Man, yah beat me to it. Lol. I woke up to that news this morning too. Red pants makes me think of Hershel. This is killing me not know if its throwback or modern!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Man, yah beat me to it. Lol. I woke up to that news this morning too. Red pants makes me think of Hershel. This is killing me not know if its throwback or modern!

There are a few different designs I wouldn't have mind seeing. One would've been something like what Alabama did where it was basically the same, just the pro combat cut, a few neat design elements here or there, but the traditional jersey. Then something else I thought that would look cool for UGA would've been an entire black uniform - matte black helmets, logo, jerseys, pants, etc. I hope these turn out alright. I love our normal uniforms, but I'm also okay with changing it up a game or two. For the most part however, I'm not a fan of the monochrome look so I'm sort of worried about the red pants / red jersey look.

There are a few different designs I wouldn't have mind seeing. One would've been something like what Alabama did where it was basically the same, just the pro combat cut, a few neat design elements here or there, but the traditional jersey. Then something else I thought that would look cool for UGA would've been an entire black uniform - matte black helmets, logo, jerseys, pants, etc. I hope these turn out alright. I love our normal uniforms, but I'm also okay with changing it up a game or two. For the most part however, I'm not a fan of the monochrome look so I'm sort of worried about the red pants / red jersey look.

As much hype as we're hearing out of Butts-Mehre I think this is going to be more than a Alabama subtle pattern. I'm hopeing they do something awesome like they did for TCU.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

As much hype as we're hearing out of Butts-Mehre I think this is going to be more than a Alabama subtle pattern. I'm hopeing they do something awesome like they did for TCU.

Butt smear. huhuhuhuhuhuh

Sounds like a good combo to me, actually. I called the silver lid! Red britches. Both parts of UGA's tradition, why not? Knowing Richt, I would not be surprised if he brought back standard red pants after the game (if we win......)...but honeslt,y I prefer the black pants as an alternate.

The best thing about the game will be red vs blue. glad it's not anthricate versus silver...

^ But...but...but...but they're constructed of the latest and greatest HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS! Aaaannnnddd...lest we forget, they're also something like 38.6% lighter than before, and like 66% more breathable, so players can run like 23% faster in them...they're GRRRREAT!

Actually, they aren't. That template/material was new in 2007 IIRC. Pro Combat and Speed Machine are both newer and lighter.

does anyone know if theyll actually be using the pro combat jersey template for the game uniforms? these pictures were taken at practice... so they may be ACTUAL practice jerseys. id be surprised if theyre not using the latest and greatest templates and such, theyre one of nike's big football schools

I doubt it. And again, pro combat isn't the latest and greatest anyways. I'm not sure anyone gets practice jerseys in this template. They aren't really one of Nike's big football schools. That would be Oregon, TCU, Boise, tOSU, Texas, Florida, Bama, OU, USC, LSU, etc...

^ But...but...but...but they're constructed of the latest and greatest HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS! Aaaannnnddd...lest we forget, they're also something like 38.6% lighter than before, and like 66% more breathable, so players can run like 23% faster in them...they're GRRRREAT!

Actually, they aren't. That template/material was new in 2007 IIRC. Pro Combat and Speed Machine are both newer and lighter.

does anyone know if theyll actually be using the pro combat jersey template for the game uniforms? these pictures were taken at practice... so they may be ACTUAL practice jerseys. id be surprised if theyre not using the latest and greatest templates and such, theyre one of nike's big football schools

I've always wondered why Nike doesn't just roll out the Pro Combat template to every school. I mean, in a lot of cases you're going to have a situation like the Red Wings when the Edge template was unveiled, where the schools won't even have to bother saying anything about it because the new template won't change anything about their uniforms. The Pro Combat template wouldn't change anything for Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Florida...

It isn't Nike's choice or they probably would after a season or two. The teams have to buy them (or use part of their Nike allowance) and some teams use uniforms over multiple seasons and don't want to buy entire new sets.

I doubt it. And again, pro combat isn't the latest and greatest anyways. I'm not sure anyone gets practice jerseys in this template. They aren't really one of Nike's big football schools. That would be Oregon, TCU, Boise, tOSU, Texas, Florida, Bama, OU, USC, LSU, etc...

aparently you have no clue how large and far reaching PSU alumni/ fan base is. im talking in terms of brand here, not recent on field success. Just because the team is stellar at the moment doesnt mean they arent a major program that nike supplies. PSU is easily in the top 5-10 largest fan bases in the us. they are a top tier nike program, head and shoulders above schools like boise and tcu. id expect nike to provide top tier gear to a top tier program (especially in terms of visibility).

the schools you listed are all schools who have worn pro combat uniforms (except for USC)-having pro combats doesnt mean theyre the ONLY big football schools. Im pretty sure PSU was probably approached about participating and declined.

just my $0.02

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

aparently you have no clue how large and far reaching PSU alumni/ fan base is. im talking in terms of brand here, not recent on field success. Just because the team is stellar at the moment doesnt mean they arent a major program that nike supplies. PSU is easily in the top 5-10 largest fan bases in the us. they are a top tier nike program, head and shoulders above schools like boise and tcu. id expect nike to provide top tier gear to a top tier program (especially in terms of visibility).

the schools you listed are all schools who have worn pro combat uniforms (except for USC)-having pro combats doesnt mean theyre the ONLY big football schools. Im pretty sure PSU was probably approached about participating and declined.

just my $0.02

I wasn't telling you how I or anyone else thinks it should be; I was telling you how it is. PSU is below the tier of schools I just listed in Nike's eyes right now. Sorry if that upsets you.

I wasn't telling you how I or anyone else thinks it should be; I was telling you how it is. PSU is below the tier of schools I just listed in Nike's eyes right now. Sorry if that upsets you.

not upset i just think you need to do a little research. the fact that you think boise and tcu are above PSU on the football scale is laughable. On the field, sure both of these teams would hand the lions their asses but as far as nike is concerned, losing the psu brand would be a bigger deal that losing tcu or boise, respectively. the only reason people have this notion is because these schools constantly get updated uniforms and being put in the spotlight for being new and flashy while psu doesnt.

anyway, back on topic. staying with the new PSU jerseys, does anyone else think the sleeve numbers look HUGE? is it just b/c they dont have pads on?

http://twitpic.com/673wm6

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

not upset i just think you need to do a little research. the fact that you think boise and tcu are above PSU on the football scale is laughable. On the field, sure both of these teams would hand the lions their asses but as far as nike is concerned, losing the psu brand would be a bigger deal that losing tcu or boise, respectively. the only reason people have this notion is because these schools constantly get updated uniforms and being put in the spotlight for being new and flashy while psu doesnt.

anyway, back on topic. staying with the new PSU jerseys, does anyone else think the sleeve numbers look HUGE? is it just b/c they dont have pads on?

You're missing the point. I am talking about in Nike's heirarchy today. Period. Don't move the goalposts. Only a PSU fan would disagree with what I am saying.

in terms of recent success (bcs bowls) and media attention those schools are definitely ahead of psu and worth more of nike's time and marketing $

The new even more boring Penn State jerseys.

ap-201108171632595404548.jpg

What's sad is I always thought what made Penn State special was because they used the white on the jersey so well. I thought the huge white collar was a clever and well thought out way of not just being plain, but being retrained, but now I know it was just a mistake, which is disappointing to hear.

Here is a video that shows how they came to the decision, sad that so little goes into these huge design choices:

what do you mean so little? it was a brilliant solution to add the white collar to keep the consistency of the blue. now that they dont have to do that, they dont have to do that. the jersey is actually now how it was always meant to be with an old school/retro feel. . . which is modern now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A lot of y'all already know that UGA is unveiling the NPC uniform tomorrow at Picture Day, but for clarification, they will release a teaser on Facebook at noon and then fully release the images at 1pm on Facebook.

Link: CLICK HERE

Emily Deitz, UGA Director of Promotions with 680 The Fan:

Deitz:

?The theme of the day is ?spread the red.? Fans can go online tomorrow on facebook.com at noon and get a sneak peak of some special items that the Bulldogs may or may not have on. Nike Pro Combat uniforms. So our fans can go online tomorrow at noon on facebook and get a sneak preview. And then at one o?clock the uniform will be completely unveiled. So you can go to facebook.com/georgiabulldogs and take a look at that.?

Dowdle:

?And fans who come to Picture Day will get a chance to see it in person??

Deitz:

They?ll get a chance to see it in person, take their photos with it, get one-on-one with the Nike Pro Combat uniform.?

Dowdle:

?And I?m just wondering since the theme for September 3 is ?Spread the Red? if that?s any kind of a little hint as to what those uniforms are going to look like??

Deitz:

?I would definitely plan on wearing a lot of red that day (September 3). A lot of red.?

Is FSU not in this category?

The new even more boring Penn State jerseys.

ap-201108171632595404548.jpg

What's sad is I always thought what made Penn State special was because they used the white on the jersey so well. I thought the huge white collar was a clever and well thought out way of not just being plain, but being retrained, but now I know it was just a mistake, which is disappointing to hear.

Here is a video that shows how they came to the decision, sad that so little goes into these huge design choices:

what do you mean so little? it was a brilliant solution to add the white collar to keep the consistency of the blue. now that they dont have to do that, they dont have to do that. the jersey is actually now how it was always meant to be with an old school/retro feel. . . which is modern now.

this has been discussed this before but this guy is clearly talking out of his ass...there has never been a time where navy collars and cuffs could not be matched accurately with the body of the jersey

evidence: the university of michigan and every other football team that has worn solid navy jerseys over the last 40 years

Archived