College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

^ But...but...but...but they're constructed of the latest and greatest HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS! Aaaannnnddd...lest we forget, they're also something like 38.6% lighter than before, and like 66% more breathable, so players can run like 23% faster in them...they're GRRRREAT!

Actually, they aren't. That template/material was new in 2007 IIRC. Pro Combat and Speed Machine are both newer and lighter.

does anyone know if theyll actually be using the pro combat jersey template for the game uniforms? these pictures were taken at practice... so they may be ACTUAL practice jerseys. id be surprised if theyre not using the latest and greatest templates and such, theyre one of nike's big football schools

I doubt it. And again, pro combat isn't the latest and greatest anyways. I'm not sure anyone gets practice jerseys in this template. They aren't really one of Nike's big football schools. That would be Oregon, TCU, Boise, tOSU, Texas, Florida, Bama, OU, USC, LSU, etc...

Is FSU not in this category?

Probably, or pretty close to it. I was just giving a list off the cuff. It was really more about poiting out that PSU isn't in that group right now than it was getting an 100% perfect list.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Uni's for Greenville College, some small school in southern Illinois... Kinda surprising they got the attention from Nike to get new ones..

Not sure what you mean. They ordered them from the Nike Team catalog just like any high school could have done.

New Uni's for Greenville College, some small school in southern Illinois... Kinda surprising they got the attention from Nike to get new ones..

Those numbers are freaking incredible! if only they would done full on tiger stripes instead of halfway, these could have been killer!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Those numbers are freaking incredible! if only they would done full on tiger stripes instead of halfway, these could have been killer!

Those are just the Miami Pro Combat numbers from last year. TCU's frog skin ones are in the catalog too.

42-33706-F.jpg

^ But...but...but...but they're constructed of the latest and greatest HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS! Aaaannnnddd...lest we forget, they're also something like 38.6% lighter than before, and like 66% more breathable, so players can run like 23% faster in them...they're GRRRREAT!

Actually, they aren't. That template/material was new in 2007 IIRC. Pro Combat and Speed Machine are both newer and lighter.

does anyone know if theyll actually be using the pro combat jersey template for the game uniforms? these pictures were taken at practice... so they may be ACTUAL practice jerseys. id be surprised if theyre not using the latest and greatest templates and such, theyre one of nike's big football schools

I doubt it. And again, pro combat isn't the latest and greatest anyways. I'm not sure anyone gets practice jerseys in this template. They aren't really one of Nike's big football schools. That would be Oregon, TCU, Boise, tOSU, Texas, Florida, Bama, OU, USC, LSU, etc...

Probably, or pretty close to it. I was just giving a list off the cuff. It was really more about poiting out that PSU isn't in that group right now than it was getting an 100% perfect list.

Gotcha. I didn't think you were, actually...and it was an honest question. I'm not sure they are. Maybe it's a better topic for a new thread, but what would you (or others) say the top tier at Nike is?

Gotcha. I didn't think you were, actually...and it was an honest question. I'm not sure they are. Maybe it's a better topic for a new thread, but what would you (or others) say the top tier at Nike is?

Going from west to east: USC, Texas, OU, tOSU, LSU, Bama, Florida based on history and performance. Oregon for obvious reasons. TCU and Boise right now since they are red hot. Lots of others on teh fringe. But those are the elite nike schools right now.

According to the players, this is an approximation of what the uniforms will look like

xO54e.gif

Anyone know when the others will be unveiled?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You're missing the point. I am talking about in Nike's heirarchy today. Period. Don't move the goalposts. Only a PSU fan would disagree with what I am saying.

wow. the personal shot wasnt necessary, i guess i would expect a more civilized discussion.

Going from west to east: USC, Texas, OU, tOSU, LSU, Bama, Florida based on history and performance. Oregon for obvious reasons. TCU and Boise right now since they are red hot. Lots of others on teh fringe. But those are the elite nike schools right now.

PLEASE look at some statistics if you are basing your analysis off of history and performance

WINNINGEST PROGRAMS:

1. michigan

2. texas

3. notre dame

4. nebraska

5 .penn state

6. oklahoma

7. ohio State

8. alabama

9. tennessee

10. USC

I know more about PSU than you, you know more about TCU than me, so we'll just agree to disagree. I guess your outside opinion would be the how most see it

Those greenville unis are actually pretty sick. im a fan

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

You're missing the point. I am talking about in Nike's heirarchy today. Period. Don't move the goalposts. Only a PSU fan would disagree with what I am saying.

wow. the personal shot wasnt necessary, i guess i would expect a more civilized discussion. I know more about PSU than you, you know more about TCU than me, so we'll just agree to disagree. I guess your outside opinion would be the how most see it

There wasn't a personal shot in what I said. Nothing uncivilized in what I am saying. You are giving an opinion and I am giving a fact. You have no idea what I know about PSU and that isn't relevant anyways. I only need to know 1 thing about PSU to tell you if they are, or are not, in the upper echeclon of Nike Football programs right now.

I told you the answer and you don't want to hear bc you are a fan. Doesn't make it any less true though.

wow. the personal shot wasnt necessary, i guess i would expect a more civilized discussion.

PLEASE look at some statistics if you are basing your analysis off of history and performance

WINNINGEST PROGRAMS:

1. michigan

2. texas

3. notre dame

4. nebraska

5 .penn state

6. oklahoma

7. ohio State

8. alabama

9. tennessee

10. USC

I know more about PSU than you, you know more about TCU than me, so we'll just agree to disagree. I guess your outside opinion would be the how most see it

Look, I am telling you what the situation is right now. Don't know why it is upsetting you so much. It isn't my list. It's Nike's.

PSU isn't an elite Nike school right now. They have a huge alumni base and might be good enough in the future to get on the lsit again, but I am talking about today.

edit: also you ignored performance (as in current). PSU has not done what those teams all have recently (ie. BCS bowls within the last 2-3 season).

wow. the personal shot wasnt necessary, i guess i would expect a more civilized discussion. I know more about PSU than you, you know more about TCU than me, so we'll just agree to disagree. I guess your outside opinion would be the how most see it

There wasn't a personal shot in what I said. Nothing uncivilized in what I am saying. You are giving an opinion and I am giving a fact. You have no idea what I know about PSU and that isn't relevant anyways. I only need to know 1 thing about PSU to tell you if they are, or are not, in the upper echeclon of Nike Football programs right now.

I told you the answer and you don't want to hear bc you are a fan. Doesn't make it any less true though.

no the uncivilized part was you disregarding my points of argument because i am a fan. Youre not exposed to much of the PSU market there in the midwest so i wouldnt expect you to get it.

its just funny how your 'fact' is also an opinion. Im not here to argue with you about this. everyone has their definition of what the top tier is. only nike knows their true 'list.'

now, can we please get back on topic?

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

no the uncivilized part was you disregarding my points of argument because i am a fan. Youre not exposed to much of the PSU market there in the midwest so i wouldnt expect you to get it.

its just funny how your 'fact' is also an opinion. Im not here to argue with you about this. everyone has their definition of what the top tier is. only nike knows their true 'list.'

For at least the 3rd time. I am telling you Nike's opinion, not my own. You have no idea what I know about PSU. You are ony basing your opinion on being a fan (and saying so isn't uncivilized). If you think that is uncivilized or making things personal, this forum probably isn't the place for you. Toughen up. Maybe if PSU does, they might make the list.

For at least the 3rd time. I am telling you Nike's opinion, not my own. You have no idea what I know about PSU. You are ony basing your opinion on being a fan (and saying so isn't uncivilized). If you think that is uncivilized or making things personal, this forum probably isn't the place for you. Toughen up. Maybe if PSU does, they might make the list.

you are spot on...in nike's eyes psu is not a hot program right now...that's it.

So we got a report of silver lids and red britches, but I just pulled this teaser photo off of georgiadogs.com

untitled.jpg

glitter red helmet?? ehhhh...I'm just praying to God that it isn't actually the horrendous fat red stripe that we have seen in that mock up

Wow. Has anybody ever done a glitter facemask before?

So we got a report of silver lids and red britches, but I just pulled this teaser photo off of georgiadogs.com

untitled.jpg

glitter red helmet?? ehhhh...I'm just praying to God that it isn't actually the horrendous fat red stripe that we have seen in that mock up

All Red vs all Blue perhaps? I hope that's what they're doing.

Archived