College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know my alma mater North Texas is reverting back to Green helmets - not sure of any other uniform changes.

Yikes. That might be a downgrade. I actually liked the overall look for them, just not the piping. Marshall showed us how bad green on green looks.

I know my alma mater North Texas is reverting back to Green helmets - not sure of any other uniform changes.

Yikes. That might be a downgrade. I actually liked the overall look for them, just not the piping. Marshall showed us how bad green on green looks.

North Texas has new uniforms, they switched from UA to Nike.

My link

I actually kind of like it. It's a lot cleaner then the last set, but it seems like they dulled their green color a bit.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Can't believe I haven't posted this yet. The jerseys worn by Brandon Jenkins and EJ Manuel at the ACC Football Kickoff showed a slight tweak:

282175_10150240640176326_53993751325_7818455_5796813_n.jpg

Looks like their pants this year are different, too.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Can't believe I haven't posted this yet. The jerseys worn by Brandon Jenkins and EJ Manuel at the ACC Football Kickoff showed a slight tweak:

282175_10150240640176326_53993751325_7818455_5796813_n.jpg

Looks like their pants this year are different, too.

Pleats are an interesting choice. It anyone can pull it off, it's Florida State.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Downgrade in my book for NT. Way too 2001 looking. The UA template itself was odd, but the balance of green, white, and black in the last set looked really nice.

Considering that was the last time they were successful, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Its horrid for me as a terps fan to see [or even imagine] them rock yellow jerseys and pants. And im not suprised that we are the Oregon of UA. Afterall the founder of UA, Kevin Plank went to Maryland.

Actually, having played around with Maryland quite a bit in NCAA 12, the gold jersey with black pants works pretty well, since the shoulders of the gold jersey are black themselves. I agree that gold on gold is a bit garish, though.

Sun Belt

Louisiana-Lafayette: New uniform set.

Fixed it for you. Since there are two schools under the "University of Louisiana" moniker, it only makes sense to differentiate the two whenever possible.

haha. I was told by a ULL fan at last season's opener that they were Louisiana, or as he sounded it, "Lweesann'a"

Sun Belt

Fixed it for you. Since there are two schools under the "University of Louisiana" moniker, it only makes sense to differentiate the two whenever possible.

And there's no reason to give the Cajuns the satisfaction of having anybody outside of their circle refer to them as simply Louisiana. ^_^

Just for the sake of this thread and for the visual, here's Arizona State's new look:

SunDevils02.jpg

New-Arizona-State-Football-Uniforms1.jpg

Now the other day though, a couple of things that weren't revealed back in April popped up. A white helmet and a maroon helmet:

Untitled-71.jpg

And that day during the Pac-10 media rounds, ASU QB Brock Osweiler was asked about the uniforms and was excited for all the new combos. Mentioning 4 helmets (the gold and black from the original unveil, apparently as well as these two previously unannounced white and maroon helmets) 4 pants (Gold, Maroon, Black, White) and the 3 jerseys. He also talked about being excited for the all black look (which we knew about) and an all-white look (something we hadn't seen). So at first with that photo surfacing we thought it could've been just a prototype (and I know that's a legit photo, because that was taken in an ASU athletic office. I know that room.) and then Osweiler gave some credence to the players knowing about wearing them (something no one else knew).

And well now I can say that, at the very least, the white helmet is officialy part of the the set, because look what showed up at practice today:

252191_10150257551066854_22208101853_8064577_6720218_n.jpg

Yeah I'm definitely not a fan. I know they're going to trot out the stormtrooper look at somepoint, and I'm not gonna be down with that. White helmets is the signature of our biggest rival to the south, so I don't really think this is a great idea. All that, and I don't think it looks all that great. The maroon helmet works. I like that. But white? Ehhhh, not so much.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sun Belt

haha. I was told by a ULL fan at last season's opener that they were Louisiana, or as he sounded it, "Lweesann'a"

They will definitely tell you that. Some national publications like Athlon & Lindsey referred to them as "Louisiana" in the 2011 preview magazines. Look at their logos, they say "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns." That's what the fans and the athletic department are desperately trying to brand themselves as. And, honestly, if baffles me that Louisiana-Monroe doesn't put up much of a fight against it. The fact of the matter is that there is official state legislation that no school in the state can be called "The University of Louisiana" without the local identifier (i.e. Lafayette or Monroe) also attached.

gYH2mW9.png

Word is that the road look for Utah's new topography map uni's gets really shocking.

While the map on the home is basically invisible, apparently the road uni features

a black map on the white uni. Still no word on the blackout uni.

Here is the home to refresh everyone.

uteuni.jpg

uteuni2.jpg

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Honestly, the white, maroon, maroon look is fantastic. That said, I agree that seeing them in the stormtrooper look would be really weird. Oregon pulled it off because they're colors aren't as dark as ASU's. Plus, ASU would just be copying Oregon and that other school with the crazy coach. I personally love mixing and matching. The more combos that better for me. But that's because I'm an Oregon fan, it's hardwired into my system. If I was an ASU fan, I would get rid of the white helmet as well.

And what is up with Utah's pants? Why the swirly?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Honestly, the white, maroon, maroon look is fantastic. That said, I agree that seeing them in the stormtrooper look would be really weird. Oregon pulled it off because they're colors aren't as dark as ASU's. Plus, ASU would just be copying Oregon and that other school with the crazy coach. I personally love mixing and matching. The more combos that better for me. But that's because I'm an Oregon fan, it's hardwired into my system. If I was an ASU fan, I would get rid of the white helmet as well.

Yeah the stormtrooper look works for some teams. Oregon's is actually kind of nice. And while you as an Oregon fan love the mix and match (because that's your guys' thing), like Oregon's set, some of the combos in this ASU set just probably won't work. Flat out. Like the all-white probably won't work for ASU. All-Maroon has a chance to be interesting, despite my hate of monochrome. Speaking of, if ASU trys the same monochrome as last year (gold helmet, maroon jersey/pants), that's an ugly sight as well. Some of these combos will work, there will be some that should never be seen, and the white helmet needs to go.

For Utah's pants, it's the same pattern as their shoulders. It's supposedly a topographical map of Salt Lake City.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah the stormtrooper look works for some teams. Oregon's is actually kind of nice. And while you as an Oregon fan love the mix and match (because that's your guys' thing), like Oregon's set, some of the combos in this ASU set just probably won't work. Flat out. Like the all-white probably won't work for ASU. All-Maroon has a chance to be interesting, despite my hate of monochrome. Speaking of, if ASU trys the same monochrome as last year (gold helmet, maroon jersey/pants), that's an ugly sight as well. Some of these combos will work, there will be some that should never be seen, and the white helmet needs to go.

For Utah's pants, it's the same pattern as their shoulders. It's supposedly a topographical map of Salt Lake City.

Meh, that wasn't that bad. Oregon has done much worse (white green grey and grey/carbon green grey made me puke). I don't know if this is in their set, but is there any possibility for them to do all gold? I think that would be the worst (thank god oregon hasn't done that yet).

As for Utah, that might just be the stupidest design I have ever seen in my entire life. Topographical maps? Seriously? This is why Under Armor must die.

No, there's no indication that ASU has a gold jersey, which is good because ASU shouldn't be wearing anything other than rust jerseys at home.

I don't want to see ASU in all white when they come to Illinois. When they were unveiled, I was looking forward to being able to see them in person. I'd be disappointed if they came out in the stormtrooper look for the game I was at. Like Still Mighty said, there are some teams that all white looks really good with (Texas, Penn State, even Oregon) but I don't see ASU looking as good with it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived